Dynadot

discuss 2019, So What's Your Plan?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
As the above question asks, and as we edge closer to 2019, what are your plans for next year?

Assuming that you are going to continue to invest in domains, you might be someone who has BIG plans? On the other end of the scale, you might be someone who is considering chucking in the towel, and if this is the case, why? Perhaps we can help?

Interested to know what YOU plan to do...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In 2019 I plan on rotating a smaller number of quality domains rather than dealing with a higher quantity. Have spent too much time on domains that didn't have much return or I ended up dropping. Trimming the portfolio has actually been a good thing - have made some good sales that weren't expected while at the same time feeling like the weight of so many domains has been lifted - whether they were dropped or sold. But next year will hopefully see an overall better portfolio where I'm able to sit on good domains for a longer period of time and not worry about end of registration dates/fees so much.

•••
•••
I plan to still have a sale of $1k at least... I had domains in mid $xxx, but never passed that mark... I know my domains are bad, but... oh well. Hopefully 2019 will be better.

•••
I suppose as the Op, i should also comment.

This year has seen a steady stream of sales particularly from our UK Portfolio. Next year I will be shifting more focus towards the UK market. As i am based in the UK, I have a good grasp of the UK audience.

That said, i will continue to purchase quality .com's to hold long term.

•••
Buy low and sell high, maybe start an English class on my recently re-registered domain, GoodWording //com

•••
My last post was in poor taste and I apologize to anyone struggling to learn this crazy language.

•••
I am entertaining the thought of perhaps selling off 50% of my complete portfolio in 2019, doing it in 2020 feels more appealing though.

I am planning to develop and perhaps partner a few more websites.

•••
not renewing 70% of my names - my main target is to have 2 top quality affiliate sites up and running within the finance & insurance sectors and 1 drop shipping site focusing on robots, drones etc.

Will also look to only purchase 30 - 50 names in 2019 to have a portfolio of roughly100 good names

•••
Interesting read by fellow domainers.

Well, I plan to have 3,000 domains by the end of 2019. It's a long way to go as I currently have 2,100 domains. Also my plan is to increase the sell ratio (currently 2%) to 3% for 2019.

And... to have another 6 figure sale.

•••
Getting a decent quality portfolio is important but it's financially hard. So, I would like to play a number game next year by increasing my current tally of domains which are just a couple of hundreds.

•••
Getting a decent quality portfolio is important but it's financially hard

True, but it needn't be that hard. Save money by scaling back, and only purchase quality names if your budget will allow. Set yourself a monthly budget and try to stick to it. At least looking at it long term, you won't end up with a portfolio full of worthless names.

Last edited:
•••
2018 started out well but tailed off over the summer. I'm moving away from quantity and have been going for quality lately. Been focused on other projects for the last few months so from now to the end of the year going to weed out about 100 names thru reduced pricing sales.

•••
•••
•••
I suppose as the Op, i should also comment.

This year has seen a steady stream of sales particularly from our UK Portfolio. Next year I will be shifting more focus towards the UK market. As i am based in the UK, I have a good grasp of the UK audience.

That said, i will continue to purchase quality .com's to hold long term.

I have only one .co.uk sale in 2018, which works best for you, outbound emails, domain lore or somethin else???

Thanks

•••
1) Letting drop a freaking ****load of names I regd in some sort of heavy febrile craze before I got here.
2) Develop a few affiliate sites and decent landing pages on the handful of domains I'll be happy to have and keep.
4) Good luck everybody, you all deserve some serious money rain, and a 2019 in king :xf.cool:

•••
I have only one .co.uk sale in 2018, which works best for you, outbound emails, domain lore or somethin else???

Thanks

A mixture of outbound, and end users making contact directly through my portfolio. I also actively promote through a number of forums too. I did try DomainLore but found them to be a waste of time.

•••
Interesting that more fellow members have plans for developing websites. That's good.

I also plan on developing couple of domains (over 10 domains that is). But from my calculations, the domains will be developed by the end of this year and for 2019, I would like to see the sites grow in terms of traffic and revenue. The domains I will be developing are mostly service based websites, geo domains and few listing sites (you know, directory/listing websites in growing tech industries.)

Of course it is hard and constant work to get multiple websites up and running and then expect to see some results. But one has to give it a shot and see how things work out for them.

I also plan on developing my domain portfolio website which has been delayed by me for more than a year now.

Let's see how it all goes.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
•••
Do more of the same and that means outbound, broker some more names. Also finish my masters and head back to my own country so that I can reinvest more into domains.
Along with that, if all goes well put up a team of some hard-working individuals to do outbounds.

•••
For the lower third of my portfolio test the effect of more aggressive pricing on sales turnov

•••
I am leaving the domain and web development field to focus on digital marketing. I will still be around to post on NamePros from time to time but but my focus will be on something else. Starting an online marketing magazine and just enjoying my new career track. :) Digital marketing still helps domainers and I look forward to sharing my knowledge there as I've always done for web development over the years.

•••
Build portfolio up to around 250ish domains, and close first 5 figure sale. :)

•••
My plan for 2019 is to focus completely on the current moment.

•••
I’m reducing my domains to around 20-30 which I plan to develop.

So much easier to hodl long term and makes domaining fun again without having to shell out on renewals. (Feels great shedding the burden of dead wood)

Had some very tempting offers 2018, roll on 2019!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back