NameSilo

.mobi 2008 - A Significant Date ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
"After the four-week Premium Name Application Process for Trademark Holders (see below for details) has finished on 13 October 2006, dotMobi will begin to allocate the remainder of Premium Names in batches through to 2008 using an equitable allocation process." source - http://pc.mtld.mobi/switched/faq_premium.html#b

I have put "2008" in bold, as it struck me that this may be when a big "rollout" of the very best names will occur, and a perhaps even be a launch-date for new mobile devices.

This may mean that we will have to wait another 2 years, for the full potential of .mobi to be realised- and that the registry have timed things so they will benefit from another huge batch of renewal-fee revenue!
OR - are WE actually 'ahead of the game' - as demand from business, for our names, will soar due to the lack of available Premium Names?

It also struck me that 2008 is the next Olympics year (in Chiina)
Incidentaly, 2012.mobi has been registered by the Olympic.org

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back