IT.COM

.mobi .Mobi News

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A thread on news, industry buzz and the future of .mobi. I had a long conversation with someone at GD who gave every indication the .mobi would be the default. A link of FAQ regarding the dispersement of .mobi Premium names.

The premium names in an auction format? That should be competitive. I am so far and away not able to enter into that terrain. But curious if anyone will try to nab one of these names?

Hmmm...

SG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sirengirl said:
A thread on news, industry buzz and the future of .mobi. I had a long conversation with someone at GD who gave every indication the .mobi would be the default.

:) :kickass: :tu: :bingo: :lala: :talk:

•••
•••
Yep looks like a good sign for .mobi owners :)

Gladly one of them.

•••
•••
This sounds very promising.

Just curious.

By GD are you refering to Great Domains or Godaddy?

•••
think said:
This sounds very promising.

Just curious.

By GD are you refering to Great Domains or Godaddy?

GoDaddy. On the flip side unless you had a useful application you may be at risk for the name to be taken away. I also got the impression, "squaters" fall into this category. As a default extention for anyone developing content, things are looking good.

•••
sirengirl said:
On the flip side unless you had a useful application you may be at risk for the name to be taken away. I also got the impression, "squaters" fall into this category.
Is there anything specific to this in the formal agreement while registering .mobi domains? If so, is it defined as to what is a "useful application" and in what timeframe (after registration) the registrant needs to make proper use of the domain. If none of this is a formal condition of registering the domain, then I'm not sure how one stands a risk to loose his/her domains?

BTW, just read this in the FAQ section of registry site:
: Q: Do I have to have a web site associated with my .mobi registration to be compliant?
A: No, but once you have a site, it must be compliant. If you wish to put up content at once, dotMobi has a "parked page" template as well as a template for a simple web site that you can use. You can access these tools in our Development Forum.
http://pc.mtld.mobi/switched/faqs.html#b
:)

Last edited:
•••
sirengirl said:
The premium names in an auction format? That should be competitive. I am so far and away not able to enter into that terrain. But curious if anyone will try to nab one of these names?

I'll be all over that :)

•••
MinionDH said:
I'll be all over that :)

Woo! Please keep us informed on that! :yell:

Thanks for the great thread Sirengirl. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back