IT.COM

domain 20.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jason Calacanis

VIP Member
Impact
I bought 20.com for $75,000 and seven years ago. Have been getting 20-30 emails a week from China asking if I would sell it.

I don't need the capital right now, but I am considering selling it if the buyer is a major internet company (not going to sell it to a domain speculator). What do you think a major chinese internet company would pay for it.... and how would one start a discussion with them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The 20.com is very valuable name.

•••
I bought 20.com for $75,000 and seven years ago. Have been getting 20-30 emails a week from China asking if I would sell it.

I don't need the capital right now, but I am considering selling it if the buyer is a major internet company (not going to sell it to a domain speculator). What do you think a major chinese internet company would pay for it.... and how would one start a discussion with them?

Hey Jason, aren't you the owner of Mahalo, so owned a major internet company, I am sure you wouldn't find any difficulty to find connections. BTW, nice to see you here. We are connected on LinkedIn (if you are the same Jason I am thinking about)

•••
Jason I found this:

6. Zero at the end is good. On the contrary a nice round number with one or two zeros at the end is, on average, more valuable than a random number combination. An example: 100.com was sold last year for $950,000 in a private transaction. Why is this? Simple: numbers ending with 0 are easy to remember and desirable for brands
Source: http://ggrg.com/numeric-domains-2-0-the-definitive-guide/

•••
No doubt, Its a super premium domain name worth more than $5m+ Good Luck

•••
@jason calacanis I'd suggest to use a service like https://www.markmonitor.com/ to protect your valuable domains. Brands do that. Domains sitting in simple Godaddy accounts may not be that safe. It's like the difference between safe and vault.

•••
I would put it on a for sale page asking $10,000,000.

Does it get any traffic? lol

•••
Out of curiosity, why do you care that the buyer is not a domainer? I know most people, myself included, could careless who the buyer is as long as they offered the most.

•••
You are holding one of the 100 possible names..
I feel its wise to sell through some brokerage firm..

•••
This is unique piece. No need to rush on sale.

Put price tag of 20 mln. on it and wait another 5 years. Market will eventually get there.

•••
The Chinese market for number and short domains is a kind of insane bubble right now. That said, even when the market crashes, a domain like yours will still be standing tall. Surely, you must have connections if you are looking to get top dollar now. If not, I can suggest a couple trustworthy Chinese brokers.

•••
So come on tell us already, what did you get for it? Put us all out of our self inflicted misery. Ok, maybe its just my misery I did buy zxzy.info after all:'(

Im going to have a beer now. Its called Tomislav its 7.3 %. 2 of should get rid of most misery.
but not the misery caused by buying zxzy.info:-D

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back