Dynadot

domain 20.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jason Calacanis

VIP Member
Impact
I bought 20.com for $75,000 and seven years ago. Have been getting 20-30 emails a week from China asking if I would sell it.

I don't need the capital right now, but I am considering selling it if the buyer is a major internet company (not going to sell it to a domain speculator). What do you think a major chinese internet company would pay for it.... and how would one start a discussion with them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This is a great numeric domain name.
NN.com with good numbers such as 2,8,3,6,7 & with 0 at the end are worth mid-high 7 figures end user now.
If I owned such domain name, I would wait for a strong 7 figures offer before selling it.

In regard to who may be interested in purchasing this domain, you can look for corporations based in China.
Like "largest chinese companies".
There is a wikipedia list of them - "List of largest Chinese Companies".
This can be your starting point.
I suggest to not ask for a domain brokerage as most people will ask high commission(Unless you don't mind paying 6 figures to the broker).
My estimation is that almost all of the companies listed there, would be happy to buy it from you for $5m-$9m.
Perhaps it will reach the 8 figures, like $12m-$19m.
360.com was sold for $17m.
It depends on how long you wish to keep negotiating before a sale.

Best of Luck! :)

•••
•••
You better hire a broker. Domain is worth 2+ mil

•••
OMG! I am already fantasizing.....wished I was the owner right now......you are a millionaire....remember me in your paradise:rolleyes:

Contact the owner of alibaba.com....he owns a couple of other NN sites in china....he will give you a good offer....but remember me

•••
Hello!

I would say 3-5 Mil!

Best of luck!

•••
You better hire a broker. Domain is worth 2+ mil

^^this - You definitely should get a broker and let them handle the sale, so that you get max value... especially since you're not in a position where you have to sell.

This name has incredible potential and is brandable by a huge number of clients.

Start picking out your mansion on the beach hehe.

Congrats... and well-deserved for being a visionary!

•••
^^this - You definitely should get a broker and let them handle the sale, so that you get max value... especially since you're not in a position where you have to sell.

This name has incredible potential and is brandable by a huge number of clients.

Start picking out your mansion on the beach hehe.

Congrats... and well-deserved for being a visionary!
...and considering the amount he invested in buying it...he really took a big leap you know? I am sure none of us here would buy it at that outrageous price at that time....so he really invested in it and deserves to reap big...but that's including my own fair share:-/...lol

•••
Wowww :xf.eek:

This one is super premium name, definitely worth at least $5 million now :xf.eek:

:xf.eek::oops::xf.rolleyes:O_o

•••
I bought 20.com for $75,000 and seven years ago. Have been getting 20-30 emails a week from China asking if I would sell it.

I don't need the capital right now, but I am considering selling it if the buyer is a major internet company (not going to sell it to a domain speculator). What do you think a major chinese internet company would pay for it.... and how would one start a discussion with them?

Any tentative offers in those emails you have been receiving so far?

•••
start at $10 mil

Good Luck!

imo...

•••
Truely orgasmic name!

Worth every penny as an investment back then and if i had the cash i would certainly have purchased this name.

•••

I'll trade you jc.is for it

•••

Welcome to NamePros!

•••
Names like that are having no value. You can not put a number on it. Keep it, Keep it, until you receive a right owner and deserving one paying you the price you want.

•••

impressive !

•••
That domain is worth $3M - $5M.

•••
•••

Your domain is of high quality in today's market with Chinese investors looking to acquire such domains. You've a good chance of making money now.For these,initially its better to consider all kinds of offers.The Chinese domain market is hot right now which I guess would be for at least a few months if not more.Such domains are in huge demand.But you need to act quickly to sell your stuff,since we're leaving in a volatile and fluctuating market.While you may get a lot of different opinions in this forum.But my advice to you would be take anything at least a million dollar or above and move ahead, if there's a potential buyer waiting to acquire 20.com right away.Don't waste time and wait too much.But then again if you're sitting on too much wealth like millions ,then you can afford to wait longer.Hope this helps.

•••
•••
To be 100% honest with you I think some of these posts are VERY unrealistic. I am based in Asia and 99% of my buyers are in China. If you needed the cash and wanted it sold you could achieve minimum $2m USD in today's market and up to possibly $3m USD. For an end user which most likely would be in Asia I think you could achieve around $10m USD. With China it is all about the meaning in the name. Have you looked into what 20.com actually means? Obviously the 0 is 1 of 2 bad numbers in China but it is all about the sequence itself. I would recommend researching the actual Chinese meaning of the 2 numbers and then looking in to possible end users to get a rough price of what you could sell it for to a end user. Hope that helps.

•••
Your domain is of high quality in today's market with Chinese investors looking to acquire such domains. You've a good chance of making money now.For these,initially its better to consider all kinds of offers.The Chinese domain market is hot right now which I guess would be for at least a few months if not more.Such domains are in huge demand.But you need to act quickly to sell your stuff,since we're leaving in a volatile and fluctuating market.While you may get a lot of different opinions in this forum.But my advice to you would be take anything at least a million dollar or above and move ahead, if there's a potential buyer waiting to acquire 20.com right away.Don't waste time and wait too much.But then again if you're sitting on too much wealth like millions ,then you can afford to wait longer.Hope this helps.

Agreed.

•••
Be also extremely careful with account security as you are holding something very valuable. Once you advertise stuff like this, bad guys will try to crack and phish you. Even resetting router is a good idea to get a fresh IP. I do that every few hours I visit forums.

•••
Be also extremely careful with account security as you are holding something very valuable. Once you advertise stuff like this, bad guys will try to crack and phish you. Even resetting router is a good idea to get a fresh IP. I do that every few hours I visit forums.
Oh my God, you need to hire security for that name. Valuable Fortune !!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back