IT.COM

advice 2 week old domain with over 1,000 visits?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

urljunky

Top Member
Impact
I have never in my short time doing this purchased a new domain and have had this kind of traffic.
Has anyone else experienced something similar traffic wise?
I have seen plenty of domains spike here and there but this has been steady traffic day after day.
It does have the word pay in it. Do you think this is dos attack or something similar?
Here is traffic at undeveloped since 4/8/2018. I had it parked at sedo before this with over 200 uniques. It was getting steady 25 a day at sedo. then I moved it to undeveloped and it exploded.
Domain name
idotpay.com

Added on
Apr 8, 2018
Buy now
Starting offer

Monthly views

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1) Maybe because there is a website named idontpay/com and people might be a misspelling while writing the name in their browser
2) IDOT - Illinois Department of Transportation

•••
1) Maybe because there is a website named idontpay/com and people might be a misspelling while writing the name in their browser
2) IDOT - Illinois Department of Transportation
  1. This traffic all comes from Poland.
  2. Illinois Department of Transportation- Is what I originally registered name for.
  3. dotpay.pl- is a website in Poland, but I can't imagine thousands of people typing that wrong?
I was planning on putting a website on it, but with that much questionable traffic I feel it is going to get hacked or something similar.
I was trying to see if anyone else has had a similar scenario and can give me some insight to what kind of traffic this is? is it malicious? or just bots?

•••
Did you check the domain for backlinks?

•••
•••
•••
You may check for bot traffic if you have google analytics installed for this domain/website, check visits with 100% "bounce rate" + 0 "time on page", check how many visitors having those two criteria together in you GA.Thats the bot traffic. Share your findings :)

•••
~95% - viral traffic from the infected machines in Poland... or iFrame traffic.

Last edited:
•••
dotpay.pl- is a website in Poland, but I can't imagine thousands of people typing that wrong?
.com is not in demand in Poland at all... they don't buy and don't type it...
Except global companies/projects.

•••
Looks like this has to be it. It now has over 1,700 traffic from Poland in 9 days.

•••
•••
Are there a ton of infected computers in Poland? Why would idotpay be getting so much traffic from Poland? Especially if they don't use .com's?

•••
2,000 requests can be sent even from 1 infected PC.

Last edited:
•••
If this traffic is not viral - then 99% that iFrame traffic, which can't be monetized at all, it can't generate any clicks and such domains will be banned by Google soon or later.

Park this domain at ParkingCrew...
Their traffic filtering is the best.

•••
•••
GoDaddy also doesn't filter iFrame...
That's why some domain sellers on GD Auctions use this method to generate fake traffic stats...

•••
It's clean. 100% bot traffic.
Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 20.03.42.png

•••
•••
I have seen those stats too, but I own and have owned many domains. I have never seen this type of bot traffic before.
I have built sites and did seo work and have seen spikes in bot traffic usually at the beginning and end of each month. So to have this much bot traffic every day is really abnormal. IMO
Is this normal bot traffic? Over 2,000 in 2 weeks all from Poland?

•••
•••
-

Last edited:
•••
I said, that you are not the 1st registrant...
Was some party before you...

•••
And a lovely picture of my family. It's hard to believe an orangutan can have such beautiful kids.

•••
Traffic stats is different among all platforms... because their filtering is different...
The worst on Sedo and GoDaddy, and probably - Undeveloped in this league as well.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back