NameSilo

1and1.com - $5.99 registrations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
1and1.com - $5.99

Anbody ever use 1and1.com for domain reg's? They have domains for $5.99.

Wonder if this is any good at all

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the extra savings is not worth it. 1and1 = sedo

You will have a hard time managing your dns

•••
yep they are the ones that back sedo. Cheap prices but just like the "roach motel" you can check in but you cannot checkout. Like edu says the small dollars saved is not work it in the long run

•••
i've also heard of problems with them with their domains..

but cant seem to remember what it was

•••
Thanks for the "heads up" folks.

ST

•••
i got stuck there with my first domains , real bad experiance highly unrecomended

•••
Easy to get in it but hard to get out of it. The worth for now is 6.95 of godaddy or web.com

•••
Man am I glad that I asked the ?

•••
The best deal as of now for no deposits is godaddy at $6.95 even though i dont use them. They have a good name and customer service is good not to mention that they gave the free advanced dns again.

•••
I would not use 1and1.com for domain name registration. Personally I use godaddy.com, a lot of features for a low price, especially now when they are running a special on .COM prices.

•••
Originally posted by Riceman
yep they are the ones that back sedo. Cheap prices but just like the "roach motel" you can check in but you cannot checkout. Like edu says the small dollars saved is not work it in the long run

This has got to be the best summary of their service ever! :lol:

I agree with everyone else, go with GoDaddy's sale!

•••
Now, if only GoDaddy would be Paypal friendly.

ST

•••
The only problem with these kinds of cheap domain registrations usually end up with big problems, for example my friend purchased a domain somewhere in Sterling currency at a cheap price, but what he found out is that he can't change the name servers of the domain. So I guess sometimes there are some disadvantages to purchasing domains at cheap prices. Hope that helps. :tu:

•••
1&1 are the worst.

I no of a new register that will be doing domains at $7.88 a year and then every month for 12 hours there doing a do $6.99 sale.

O well there not launching for another a week.

•••
oneandone are highly unrecomended

i currently have several domains with them and wish I never, they are all helpful when you want to pay them money but as soon as you want to lower payments or move away from them they make it very difficult

for example to get a better package you simply need to fill an online form but to lower you have to fax them etc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back