NameSilo

$100 Laptop?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

dgridley

Top Member
Impact
616
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Woah, need a chinese translator now :D

Looks cool, could take one of those to school happily :tu:

Ta-ra.

Flubber
 
0
•••
I think this : ???? ???????? ?????? 100 ???? ????????????

Awsome ???? ?????? 100

Lol you have to wind it up hehehe
 
0
•••
1
•••
Looks like it.. hopefully the need to "wind it" is optional... pretty cool concept tho!

Morphmaster said:
Lol you have to wind it up hehehe
 
0
•••
Winding and browsing winding and browsing
 
0
•••
Thanks.. I knew it was an MIT sposored project.. just couldn't find an english link!

The proposed $100 machine will be a Linux-based, with a dual-mode display—both a full-color, transmissive DVD mode, and a second display option that is black and white reflective and sunlight-readable at 3X the resolution. The laptop will have a 500MHz processor and 128MB of DRAM, with 500MB of Flash memory; it will not have a hard disk, but it will have four USB ports. The laptops will have wireless broadband that, among other things, allows them to work as a mesh network; each laptop will be able to talk to its nearest neighbors, creating an ad hoc, local area network. The laptops will use innovative power (including wind-up) and will be able to do most everything except store huge amounts of data.


B3n said:
 
0
•••
then how will u store things?
with the flash memory? LOL... i would get like 40gb flash memory or something
 
0
•••
4 USB ports for external storage media...


majinbuu1023 said:
then how will u store things?
with the flash memory? LOL... i would get like 40gb flash memory or something
 
0
•••
Too bad they aren't for sale.
 
0
•••
Innovative and dare I say it... cute!
 
0
•••
wow.. I didn't even have to double dare you! Hey, wish I had one of those.. I'd even pay TWO hundred dollars for one.. ;)

I think the main advantage here tho is we may eventually see this sort of innovation trickle down to the mainstream.

Reprobate said:
Innovative and dare I say it... cute!
 
0
•••
Hey, what's with the crank? Looks like a flatscreen Slot Machine that way...
 
0
•••
Omg. 100# is cheap. D:
 
0
•••
The crank, believe it or not, is an alternate power source.


matrics said:
Hey, what's with the crank? Looks like a flatscreen Slot Machine that way...
 
0
•••
damn I want one of those!
 
0
•••
Me too!
*Steals one* lol
 
0
•••
Nope those are out now, i seen it on tv on the discovery channel (Daily Planet)
 
0
•••
whoa....that's a pretty cheap laptop. looks decent too...
 
0
•••
Wow. Next generation of laptops for sure!
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back