NameLot

$1 .Realty Domain Sale - Marketing ideas

Labeled as discuss in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by ThatNameGuy, Sep 27, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. NickB

NickB Wales.org VIP

For the sake of around £6 and a bit of outreach on LinkedIn which will take a few hours of my time I feel it is worth a shot :xf.smile:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. HotKey

HotKey Made in Canada VIP

On the flipside of this, realtors also appreciate the value of location. If they don't make the extra effort into investing into their own location, why should they expect anything more from their customers. I think the .realty can give a real sense of credibility as well.

Do agree it's difficult to sell to a salesperson, so just be direct and truthful. Don't play them at their own game.

I'm staying out of this particular niche, but I wish you all well in it. Heed the others' advice, will have to work to get rewarded- these are not names to sit on and wait for a knock at the door. Which is probably why the registry will certainly appreciate the efforts ;)

3. BrandPlease

BrandPlease BrandPlease.com VIP Gold Account

@NickB Agree 100% & hope you sell them + all investors sell them + more importantly they become a valued resource in the Real Estate space. That takes skilled, knowledgeable, domain, marketing & target customer business knowledge.

I think Rob was far more subtly making a similar point.- these could be killer & an amazing resource for Real Estate. But you have to be ready to educate them as to why, create the buzz/need, become an influencer is that world. That usually takes more than 12 months - the extension has been around a lot longer than 12 months (hasn't it?) & there seems to be a lot of "good keywords" around - thats tells you it will take work to move them.

Other than that you are just some person trying to sell them something they dont understand (& look like an internet scammer) - especially when it's an Oklahoma City Realtor and someone is telling them PinkTulip.Reality is something they "Need"

I hope they become big - it only helps our space as a whole. But new investors lose much money following these threads.

4. coolhands

coolhands Established Member

I just discovered that afternic doesn't support .REALTY !!! any one faced the same problem ??

5. NickB

NickB Wales.org VIP

yeah - tried it earlier and it was a no go

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

I did not realize that. Afternic don't handle a number of, even highly registered TLDs (e.g. .top, .icu). I presume there were near zero .realtor domains in the aftermarket) prior to this promotion, so not surprising it was not handled. Interesting to see if that changes if the TLD catches on.
    Bob

7. hawkeye

hawkeye Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

WTH is up with this Rob, when the emails sent to us say this - starting Monday the 28th at 11AM Pacific??? That's a 5 hour difference!!!

8. Bob Hawkes

9. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP

The early bid started Sunday -- see the email that went to Epik clients and was also posted here on NP.

https://mailchi.mp/epik.com/early-bird-access-to-the-best-domain-deal-of-2020

As such, if you waited until Monday, you were late to the party.

Still tons of great open inventory.

10. BrandPlease

BrandPlease BrandPlease.com VIP Gold Account

@hawkeye - is the timezone on the messages causing the issue?

11. hawkeye

No, not the time zone. It's one email saying one thing, and then another email saying another. :xf.rolleyes: No wonder my list was decimated when I went by the first email starting time.

12. Rob Monster

Did you perhaps miss the bold face font right below the video that announced the early bird window?

upload_2020-9-28_11-54-12.png

Yes, the early birds got a lot of meaty worms. There is still a ton of great buys to be had though so be encouraged.

The media buy did not kick off until the indicated time slot. Prior to that, you would have had to be following us to be notified via email, Twitter or NP.

The folks who are following did get some additional upside ahead of the crowd.

13. Ostrados

Ostrados EpicName.com VIP

Wow! out of my shortlist of 35 names that were available earlier only 5 are left!
    Here they are the available ones if anyone is interested:
    this.realty
    greencity.realty
    greens.realty
    priceless.realty
    sliver.realty

14. hawkeye

Well obviously because I never saw that email. >:(
    That depends on what one considers 'great buys'. Que Sera...

15. hawkeye

I do follow you on Twitter. But as for here, I try to stay away as much as possible now. NP is not the NP it used to be, and getting worser by the day. Such is life.

16. sharfab

sharfab Established Member

Rob will you be making a list of .realty names to put in a YouTube promo video as you did with the .vc names.

17. Bob Hawkes

I did not register a ton, but mainly generic single words. I did get a few Canadian location specific ones (but most best are premium so not reduced). I also thought about fringes of real estate that may have an emerging market but most are not doing, like houseboats. I also took some names that are intended more for a category of service (like fee based instead of commission) than a single realty company, including several names perhaps related to robo realty in the way we have robo financial advisors. So like often, wandering off on a path, probably unsuccessfully, but among topics that interest me.

Bob

18. Rob Monster

Yes, there were 2-3 highlights reels for early landers with media boost over the next 8 weeks.

To be included just make your landers look hot or email [email protected] with your candidate.

19. Jona4s

Jona4s Established Member

I was lucky to get About.realty :xf.love:

I think I'll develop a portal about .realty domains. Since I also got webs.realty :playful:

20. pb

pb Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Does .realty have a public droplist? Would be interesting to see a year from now what y'all regged. :whistle:

21. NameDeck

NameDeck NotElected.com VIP

@Rob Monster

Can we use the promo video on external websites? With credit obviously. I am considering building a small mini site on reg.realty to educate, promote some of them and mention the website in my network.

Got a handful, just for the exercise. Not sure if buyers will like the renewals but it's worth the shot.

22. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Restricted (33% DM) Gold Account

The renewal fee is why the initial pricing needs to be lower than normal. I own 157 .realty domains now, and I'm hoping to get Rob to help me with the big picture strategy. About a year ago I had spoken with the owner of the .realty extension and he was about to raise his annual fee to $299. His explanation was pretty sound at the time, and I offered to him some of the "outbound" ideas I had, but to no avail:xf.frown: Ironically a year later he and Rob have provided me with an opportunity to test some of my OBM strategies. I haven't reached out to them yet, but I hope to have a strategy session with them in the next 5-10 days....Rob, are you listening?

23. NickB

NickB Wales.org VIP

There is a .realty showcase thread on Namepros.....why wait a whole year :xf.wink:

24. blogspotter

blogspotter Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Many good realtors own Georealty.com or FirstNameREealty.com or Lastnamerealty.com
    I think they are the one who already know a bit about online marketing and might want to buy.

But thousand don't even have a website. They might be a hardsell just to sell a domain name. They simply advertise on Zillow etc and don't bother have a websote. Also their company (Big RE Firms) promote thier phone number on social media in their area of operation... But it is a number game, One will bite

25. Adriot

Adriot New Member

I was able to grab
    Group.realty
    Rooms.realty
    Crib.realty
    Builders.realty

Do you think outbounding won't call for low offer @Rob

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice