Dynadot

discuss $1 .Realty Domain Sale - Marketing ideas

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Without going into too much detail I just picked up 55 .realty domains, and I'm seeking other NP members input for speed marketing these domains since their renewal is $299 in a year.

Suffice it to say, many of my domains are one word like Dolphin.realty, and two word domains like MoveUp.realty. There are hundreds of thousand of real estate agents in the US, and thousands of new ones getting their real estate license each month.

While I plan to work with Epik in some capacity via landing pages etc., my main plan is to "outbound market" .realty domains and develop a custom website specifically targeting agents, brokers and new agents.

I haven't nailed down the pricing yet, but the domains need to be less than a thousand dollars with options to finance 12-24 months.

I was a little reluctant to share this, but I thought what the heck? Two heads are always better than one and 3, 4, 5, 6 etc. are far better than two.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas? Thanks:xf.smile:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Without going into too much detail I just picked up 55 .realty domains, and I'm seeking other NP members input for speed marketing these domains since their renewal is $299 in a year.

Suffice it to say, many of my domains are one word like Dolphin.realty, and two word domains like MoveUp.realty. There are hundreds of thousand of real estate agents in the US, and thousands of new ones getting their real estate license each month.

While I plan to work with Epik in some capacity via landing pages etc., my main plan is to "outbound market" .realty domains and develop a custom website specifically targeting agents, brokers and new agents.

I haven't nailed down the pricing yet, but the domains need to be less than a thousand dollars with options to finance 12-24 months.

I was a little reluctant to share this, but I thought what the heck? Two heads are always better than one and 3, 4, 5, 6 etc. are far better than two.

-

Last edited:
•••

You got a lot of value Rich for a very small amount of money here, great move by you :)

Hop to social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) and simply do massive outbound - there are many real estate agents with very bad names.

If you do price names like Dolphin.Realty with $999 tags, you have tons of chances to sell them in that year period.

You can try to sell names like that also for 5k, but liquidity will be much smaller.

You have to start NOW. If you will make a lot of plans, the year will pass quickly, and math will not support those 299 / year renewals. Start doing outbound using social media.

GL :)

•••
You got a lot of value Rich for a very small amount of money here, great move by you :)

Hop to social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) and simply do massive outbound - there are many real estate agents with very bad names.

If you do price names like Dolphin.Realty with $999 tags, you have tons of chances to sell them in that year period.

You can try to sell names like that also for 5k, but liquidity will be much smaller.

You have to start NOW. If you will make a lot of plans, the year will pass quickly, and math will not support those 299 / year renewals. Start doing outbound using social media.

were you part of the decision?

•••
Here's the heads-up for those who did not get the memo:

https://mailchi.mp/epik.com/early-bird-access-to-the-best-domain-deal-of-2020

This is a large marketing campaign behind this relaunch.

Nearly 5,000 .REALTY registrations since the early bird kicked off.

The official launch of the campaign is tomorrow morning at 9 am ET.
I have checked in detail the quality of keywords and I think there is a lot of value investors can get. Some large cities in Europe which you can get for less than $1 = very nice!

Plus amazing supporting material prepared by Epik. So all is now ready for domain investors, and domain investors now need to invest time and energy to utilize this offer.

Overall, a great initiative by Rob's Epik and .realty Registry - this will bring very welcomed larger adoption and awarenes among end-users for this TLD, while domain investors will be those who will bring (kind of distribute, if you will) those names to end-users, thus earning some nice money as well.

This is a win-win situation for all participants registrar, registry, domain investors, and end-users.

I like it. Imho :)

•••

Thanks Marek....since posting this earlier today I've picked up another 15 names...for $14.85. Timing for this couldn't have been better since I started a realty company of my own about a month ago....Broad Bay Realty, llc....i live on Broad Bay. Obviously I bought the .com for it so I had to break down and spend .99 for BroadBay.Realty:xf.smile: I know you're in the real estate business in Prague...and you also have my email address, so if you'd like to get involved in some capacity just email me and lets talk. Thanks again.

•••
•••
I have checked in detail the quality of keywords and I think there is a lot of value investors can get. Some large cities in Europe which you can get for less than $1 = very nice!

Plus amazing supporting material prepared by Epik. So all is now ready for domain investors, and domain investors now need to invest time and energy to utilize this offer.

Overall, a great initiative by Rob's Epik and .realty Registry - this will bring very welcomed larger adoption and awarenes among end-users for this TLD, while domain investors will be those who will bring (kind of distribute, if you will) those names to end-users, thus earning some nice money as well.

This is a win-win situation for all participants registrar, registry, domain investors, and end-users.

I like it. Imho :)

The lists that were compiled are insane. They are behind a password so please use discretion about where you post access. This is not supposed to get to realty professionals. This is for pro domainers that are skilled at outbound and/or will do a great job on SEO landers, preferably powered by Epik.

Here is the primer on building SSL landers for FREE:

Some great examples so far:

www.brazilian.realty
www.burma.realty
www.danish.realty
www.dominican.realty
www.emirates.realty
www.finnish.realty
www.glasgow.realty
www.harbor.realty
www.greatlakes.realty
www.victorian.realty
www.southampton.realty
www.southpacific.realty
www.siberian.realty
www.scottish.realty
www.safari.realty
www.pacificcoast.realty
www.portuguese.realty
www.newcastle.realty

Very nice library of lander background images. We paid the licensing for use with Epik landers:

https://epik.realty/

Check out:

upload_2020-9-27_18-59-7.png

Last edited:
•••
The lists that were compiled are insane. They are behind a password so please use discretion about where you post access. This is not supposed to get to realty professionals. This is for pro domainers that are skilled at outbound and/or will do a great job on SEO landers, preferably powered by Epik.

Here is the primer on building SSL landers for FREE:

Some great examples so far:

www.brazilian.realty
www.burma.realty
www.danish.realty
www.dominican.realty
www.emirates.realty
www.finnish.realty
www.glasgow.realty
www.harbor.realty
www.greatlakes.realty
www.victorian.realty
www.southampton.realty
www.southpacific.realty
www.siberian.realty
www.scottish.realty
www.safari.realty
www.pacificcoast.realty
www.portuguese.realty
www.newcastle.realty

Very nice library of lander background images. We paid the licensing for use with Epik landers:

https://epik.realty/

Check out:

Show attachment 168619
Yes, I have checked that in detail. I can confirm there is a lot of value in many of those keywords for that $1 (and honestly even if some of those names were for 10x - 50x more money, there would be still very undervalued).

And all the supporting materials, keywords lists, background images - all are very nicely prepared.

I hope that many people here on Namepros will study that, and will soon understand that this is a truly amazing opportunity for them (even with only $10 of starting capital, you can get 10 great keyword real estate domain names!).

When such opportunities arrive, no one should complain anymore about a lack of money - here, the investment needed is basically only symbolic.

Great initiative IMO :)

•••
Thanks Marek....since posting this earlier today I've picked up another 15 names...for $14.85. Timing for this couldn't have been better since I started a realty company of my own about a month ago....Broad Bay Realty, llc....i live on Broad Bay. Obviously I bought the .com for it so I had to break down and spend .99 for BroadBay.Realty:xf.smile: I know you're in the real estate business in Prague...and you also have my email address, so if you'd like to get involved in some capacity just email me and lets talk. Thanks again.
Yes, definitely, this is a good point for everyone you made - it would be advisable to sell/outbound those .realty domain names from .realty extension - as one needs to always lead by example :)

•••
The price got me interested, and yes it's a short term turnaround so pricing has to be very competitive and with the upcoming marketing campaign it's a mini domainers dream.

Realty is not a term used in some countries but the US is the prime market. I kept it simple picked up a few like New-York.Realty (Non hyphenated version $10,950). Time, as always,will tell!

•••
The renewal price is killing the idea of investing in this extension, I personally don't like to drop domains, I buy domains to hold on them and I rarely drop my domains.

I had a shortlist ready with some of quality .realty names I found available,and when the $1 offer starting I did bulk search and all my names were available but I abandoned the idea after I saw the $299 renewals! For this to work you need to buy 100+ domains and price them at $500 to $999 (and it is not guaranteed to break even after 1 year).. some of the names I found should be priced at $5k+ but the renewals are making this impossible.

Last edited:
•••
Picked up some decent ones but man - some people are really quick draw McGraws. I had 3 really sweet .realty lined up and on the dot of 12 non pacific I tried to reg but they were gone. But still happy with my lot

•••
I buy 4 domain related to realty, but im not confident with my outbound skill
maybe some pro in here want to be broker for my domain:

catalogs (dot) realty
comfy (dot) realty
flipped (dot) realty
rooftop (dot) realty

•••
Show attachment 168618
The renewal price is killing the idea of investing in this extension, I personally don't like to drop domains, I buy domains to hold on them and I rarely drop my domains.

I had a shortlist ready with some of quality .realty names I found available,and when the $1 offer starting I did bulk search and all my names were available but I abandoned the idea after I saw the $299 renewals! For this to work you need to buy 100+ domains and price them at $500 to $999 (and it is not guaranteed to break even after 1 year).. some of the names I found should be priced at $5k+ but the renewals are making this impossible.

In general, I think this TLD is one for the folks who know how to outbound and use SEO-friendly landers. For an end-user, it is a great candidate for a URL upgrade, particularly if .REALTY emerges as a preferred TLD for the category as we see unfolding with .VC for Venture Capital.

The registry agreed with our vision for elevating .REALTY into a category standard. The difference here is that tin the US alone there are nearly 2 million licensed realty professionals. The realty industry is doing relatively well in most of the USA, and the foreseeable future, home buying is through brokers.

The math definitely worked on .VC and I believe it will work on .REALTY. Someone buys 100 .REALTY domains for $99, and sells 1 domain for $99 or better and the rest is upside for the rest of the year. However, if you are not prepared to outbound or SEO, please do NOT register ANY. Thank you.

•••
going to be hitting LinkedIn next week for mine

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 168618

In general, I think this TLD is one for the folks who know how to outbound and use SEO-friendly landers. For an end-user, it is a great candidate for a URL upgrade, particularly if .REALTY emerges as a preferred TLD for the category as we see unfolding with .VC for Venture Capital.

The registry agreed with our vision for elevating .REALTY into a category standard. The difference here is that tin the US alone there are nearly 2 million licensed realty professionals. The realty industry is doing relatively well in most of the USA, and the foreseeable future, home buying is through brokers.

The math definitely worked on .VC and I believe it will work on .REALTY. Someone buys 100 .REALTY domains for $99, and sells 1 domain for $99 or better and the rest is upside for the rest of the year. However, if you are not prepared to outbound or SEO, please do NOT register ANY. Thank you.
------

Rob - in outbounding - would you point to the high renewal fee for .realty?

•••

Thanks for sharing....as of a few minutes ago I own 150 .realty domains. I've been at this (hand regging) for 19 hours with the exception of an hour workout and a couple hours of shut eye. Your pricing is spot on, and I'm looking to add another 50 or so domains pertaining to mortgages and loans since most home sales involve financing. Finally, i did reg GreatRealtyDomains:xf.wink:com for the custom site I intend to use for my "outbound" strategy.

•••
•••
If anyone is still looking for .realty domains the below might give you some inspiration......
Thanks...i already owned some from your list but I was a able to pick up a few more; Nouveau.realty, CustomHomes.realty (a variation of Custom-Build.Realty, maybe better?), and Exquisite.Realty.

•••
I haven't nailed down the pricing yet,
I would be interested in thoughts re pricing. With limited sales data to date (just 5 sales all between $200 and $350 - list here) this situation is a bit different from .vc promotion, which although somewhat sparse, already had a number of retail sales when promotion started.

If the TLD gets exposure and becomes much more popular among real estate agents, then I think potential for solid pricing, even with the stiff renewal rate. However, a lot of pressure on domainers to sell within one year due to renewal. What sort of level are people planning to price quality one word names? More specialized two word with smaller potential market?

I view the premium pricing as setting a limit if you have a name that is interchangeable with a registry premium name.

Will be interesting to see how this evolves. I did pick up a few dozen and probably done. I view it as a high uncertainty investment - but risk for a year is low.

Agree with comment re good names went rapidly. I was there the minute it started, my lists all researched and ready, and did get 6 of my first 7 and 10 of my first 12, but good names going quickly.

Bob

•••
Bob....curious, are you picking up mostly location names like city, state, country ie. NewYork.realty, or are you registering more generic type names like; AllPro.realty and Admiral.realty?

•••

same thought !

•••
If I could make a real good guess about the future...

Once the reality of the large renewal fee hits & a reasonable guess at a sub-1% sell through rate of the majority of these names become (once again) apparent - we will see most of these names dropped.

Have you ever tried to sell to a realtor? have you tried to sell a technical product? How do you think Realtors market themselves? Do they spend (in general - not acceptions) on fancy websites? or do they spend money on the platforms the Real Estate customers go to.

I dont know the answers - it's not my space - but.. it's always hard to sell to a salesperson. REs are some of the most skilled.

Good Luck

Last edited:
•••
Back