Dynadot

status-monitor $1 million budget. Paying up to $1 per domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Mods, please change the policy here.

As @brad has pointed out, there are ridiculous requests presented in lots of “wanted” threads. The titles are very misleading...

If your total budget is $25,000 then that’s your budget. Don’t tell us it’s $500 per domain because we all know that’s bullshit. If you have $25k to spend then be for real and spend it on one quality domain instead of making us jump through hoops. Nobody spends $25k, $500 at a time on junk. At least, people that know better don’t.

This is a huge problem here at NP. If you have a total budget that’s that. The breakdown of, I only have 1% of the budget to spend per domain is absurd

@Eric Lyon @Amanda

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

As @brad has pointed out, there are ridiculous requests presented in lots of “wanted” threads. The titles are very misleading...

If your total budget is $25,000 then that’s your budget. Don’t tell us it’s $500 per domain because we all know that’s bullsh*t. If you have $25k to spend then be for real and spend it on one quality domain instead of making us jump through hoops. Nobody spends $25k, $500 at a time on junk. At least, people that know better don’t.

This is a huge problem here at NP. If you have a total budget that’s that. The breakdown of, I only have 1% of the budget to spend per domain is absurd

@Eric Lyon @Amanda
if total budget is 25k USD
and per domain budget is 500$
then i believe its reasonable..
its not misleading.
if i have budget of 10k usd and i want to buy 100 domains it means 100 usd per domain ..
simple maths..

•••
if total budget is 25k USD
and per domain budget is 500$
then i believe its reasonable..
its not misleading.
if i have budget of 10k usd and i want to buy 100 domains it means 100 usd per domain ..
simple maths..

As a seller, these titles are very misleading and a complete waste of time. The budget per domain should be shown upfront, before I click the thread link.

If your budget is $500 per domain then your $25k budget is irrelevant. You’ll buy junk until you run out of cash and that’s the end. Don’t tell us you have $25k to spend when the reality is you’re not prepared to let it go on a domain.

•••
Per domain budget is much more telling than total. Total is irrelevant, unless it is clear that the buyer is looking for large portfolios and then it might be relevant if he wants 10 LLLLs or 1000 for example.

But, yes, the only informative part without that is per name budget. Makes it clear write away if the guy is realistic, knows the market or just another clueless poster.

•••
As a seller, these titles are very misleading and a complete waste of time. The budget per domain should be shown upfront, before I click the thread link.

If your budget is $500 per domain then your $25k budget is irrelevant. You’ll buy junk until you run out of cash and that’s the end. Don’t tell us you have $25k to spend when the reality is you’re not prepared to let it go on a domain.
yes that make sense to mention in subject budget per domain..

•••
Per domain budget is much more telling than total. Total is irrelevant, unless it is clear that the buyer is looking for large portfolios and then it might be relevant if he wants 10 LLLLs or 1000 for example.

But, yes, the only informative part without that is per name budget. Makes it clear write away if the guy is realistic, knows the market or just another clueless poster.
I waste more time going in and out request threads, only to find out the actual budget per domain is slim in comparison to the budget in the title.

•••
Well if we click thread it take second to see what buyer is looking for so i think i am okay with that.
i would say

''Why So Serious??'' (n)(n)

•••
Notice, my budget per is in the title. That’s what we need here at NP.

•••
Agree, it’s misleading.

you see “$100k” then get excited before seeing

“$500 per domain” be straight, wish way to vet how many BUYS— bet “$25k” ends up 1-2

i never see @Riz M. engage in this deceitful, (he’s honest but most are new members, with no way vet, and frankly, few should be allowed.

Samer

Last edited:
•••

If your total budget is $25,000 then that’s your budget. Don’t tell us it’s $500 per domain because we all know that’s bullsh*t. If you have $25k to spend then be for real and spend it on one quality domain instead of making us jump through hoops. Nobody spends $25k, $500 at a time on junk. At least, people that know better don’t.

@Eric Lyon @Amanda

I feel every members who create a "request domain wanted threads" , need deposit their fund through NamePros before making request thread.IMO, it is very important when NP provide internal escrow to ensure they have enough budget.

•••

@Eric Lyon @Amanda
Agreed most people here trying to spend 25K 50K 100K I doubt have matching funds on hand to make the deal. It is utter nonsense how these people waste other people's time fishing for the one off deal.

Many people who just use WANTED threads for years, don't even have a trader rating of 1.

Then you have all the people who just see $$$, and keep sending anything, and everything seeing if anything sticks.

The whole process is flawed, and the system is ruined for legitimate users. I really don't know how it gets fixed.

•••
I have stopped sending the quotations long time back.
sheer wastage of time.

•••
Then you have all the people who just see $$$, and keep sending anything, and everything seeing if anything sticks.

The whole process is flawed, and the system is ruined for legitimate users. I really don't know how it gets fixed.

New users limited, why not have wanted thread require minimum 5+ rating to post, wouldn't get rid of the problem 100%, but surely, would improve.

This relates to the unreasonable cheap LLL.com buyer requests, too. Chances are, if a prospective new made an new account, doesnt yet have the know-how to request; so sets fraud low prices -- or mislabel "total budget" using "max per"

Last edited:
•••
I never pay attention to any of that anymore, it’s all monkey business IMO, in the past it Seemed to be more of an effort for people to get a bunch of names sent to them so they could attempt to buy a $500 domain for $25, ridiculous shit like that.

I agree, a huge waste of time and resources IMO

•••

I totally agree with you. The budget per domain should be the budget of the Thread title. Otherwise it's a misleading title.

Say the budget you have for a domain. We don't care how many domains are you going to buy, we just want to know how much are you going to pay for a domain. So I really agree, there are a lot of misleading title threads.

Last edited:
•••
The budget per domain should be the budget of the Thread title.
It is actually like that in the rules:

6.7.3. Budget prefixes must be representative of your budget per item (e.g., the thread prefix budget: above $5,000 in Domain Buyer Requests means the buyer's budget is greater than $5,000 per domain name).

However, almost all of the requests don't seem to follow it. People post their "total" instead.

•••

6.7.3. Budget prefixes must be representative of your budget per item (e.g., the thread prefix budget: above $5,000 in Domain Buyer Requests means the buyer's budget is greater than $5,000 per domain name).

However, almost all of the requests don't seem to follow it. People post their "total" instead.
Soooo, let's start the mass reporting? :-D

•••
Almost as bad as people who have been here for years and don’t post a budget at all. I think we should all use the report button and people need to get their accounts dinged for various infractions in the wanted section. Its a joke not a professional venue/ marketplace.

•••
NP is world class domaining forum, as one of member, I pray that this beloved forum always clean from spamming threads , especially threads of request domain with no enough budget from buyer, or buyer only want to know as many as domain, but they wouldn't buy with no reason, its hurt all seller and waste a time. We should follow all rule as mention here https://www.namepros.com/threads/rule-reminder-criteria-requirements.857629/

•••

Thanks for the info! Good search. So basically they are breaking the rules.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/official-rules-of-namepros.848752/#section-060703

Last edited:
•••
This is equivalent to thread titles....

"Buying one word. Coms, budget $1k"

There is a part of the internal industry that is all about misleading, scalping, and scamming.

Neverending crockpot of shit stew.

•••
I bet Keith got DMed with names for starting this thread.

•••

I had already alerted the mods with this a while ago( https://www.namepros.com/threads/vi...ead-in-requests-section.1165002/#post-7508502)
and they asked me to report the threads voilating this rule whenever I see one. I have reported a few and made their title budget to 1$ prefix. It did felt well but I cant report every other thread as I am offline most of the times!!!

Last edited:
•••
•••

@Eric Lyon @Amanda

Exactly, people don't walk into a car dealership, yeah I might buy a yugo or a Ferrari really depends on what you got.

I have been saying for years that the ranges need to be tighter.

The higher budgets became a product of some people did not want to be called cheap, or lowballers so what they did was say hmmm, I want domains for $10 but I will say my budget is $1 to $10,000 so no one can say I am cheap.

Ignore all the high prices and focus on the low.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back