IT.COM

.us 1&1 offers $2.99 per year .us registration (Until August 25)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Good morning everyone!
I just received this by email:

"1&1 has some of the best prices domain around!
Register .com, .net, .org, .info and .name domains for just $5.99 per year. And as part of our Summer Special, you can register .us domains for just $2.99 per year - but hurry, this offer ends August 25."

I suspect that the renewal fee would be at the regular price of $5.99 per year.

Can anyone confirm if the system has a transfer-of-ownership program??

Have fun everyone!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1 and 1 make it very difficult to transfer domains you have absolutely no control over the domain when it is their hands either.

I would be very wary of using them if I were you, I as many other people have, have had very bad experiences with them.

•••
My friend had hosting and a domain name from them, he was not a happy camper. Support was nearly non-existant. I would avoid personally

•••
I'd have to agree, I haven't heard to much good stories about 1and1.

•••
me niether although i havent used them before...

•••
Saw this yesterday on other forum - Didn't think it was worth mentioning due to things heard here before .......

???????

•••
Has anyone registered a .com there and successfully transferred it from them to someone else?

•••
yes but with me they waited until it expired and moved the expired domain.

To transfer a domain you have to fax them or write them a letter, and funnily enough the first time I tried the site that gives the nec details was down yet the rest of their site was up (sorry cant remember the URL, it was some time ago, wouldn't touch them again).

•••
Wow, looks like registering a domain from 1and1 and transferring is a little more complicated than it looks.

•••
A few people have asked about this before, each time with negative feedback, I'ed highly suggest forgetting about them, plus domains are soo cheap anyways, why risk them with a bad company?

•••
hmm. sounds like they should pay YOU $2.99 to reg a domain there....

•••
hmm. sounds like they should pay YOU $2.99 to reg a domain there....

Hahahaha...

•••
what about taking advantage of the deal for a year and then switching registrars? (not ownership)

•••
I had a friend who got a domian and hosting there. He asked me to explain how it all worked, i logged in his account, and the control panel for everything was to complicated. I emailed support.

Still waiting 4 a reply...

•••
•••
Originally posted by dpk87
You get what u pay for.

That sums this whole thing up:hehe:

•••
I believe they also use the OpenSRS interface in which each domain has it's own login and password. Very cumbersome if you have multiple domains.

•••
1and1 are way too big for their own good they should have stayed as a the supplier to ISP's and other hosts and left the customer support upto them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back