IT.COM

1&1 Linked to Spam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domainscoop.com

Established Member
Impact
I made a mistake by regging a name at 1&1.COM, never in my life, i have recieved spam emails, or phone calls.

With one reg at 1&1.com , i am bombarded with spam. ONE ADVICE: DO NOT USE 1&1.com if you dont like SPAM.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can disable all marketing emails and calls within Settings...
And that's all.

p.s. I use 1and1 ~7.5 years already...

Last edited:
•••
Or you are talking about Indian spam and calls (to English speaking countries) on all recently registered domains???
They harvest WHOIS-data regardless of registrar...
Many such threads already exist.

•••
Then use Privacy... it is free at 1and1.

Last edited:
•••
Or you are talking about Indian spam and calls (to English speaking countries) on all recently registered domains???
They harvest WHOIS-data regardless of registrar...
Many such threads already exist.
Never got such spam from other registrar only the 1&1

•••
I use ~10 registrars regularly...
And spam from WHOIS-harvesters I receive daily... because registrar doesn't matter at all.

Regarding 1and1 - I already answered above how to disable their very own marketing.

•••
will definately do, and wont ever use 1&1, i do get time to time spam, but 1&1 was bit more bombarded than others, definately something going on there.

anyhow thanks

•••
I hereby consent to receiving auto-dialed telemarketing calls, marketing e-mails /SMS / regular mail from or on behalf of 1&1 Internet Inc. at the number and addresses provided by me...

Also don't select this checkbox on checkout, ignore it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back