NameSilo

0ne.com bought and then deleted?

Labeled as question in Domain Expiration and Domain Drop Catching, started by pb, Jul 9, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. pb

pb Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

A little over a month ago there was a GD auction for expired domain 0ne.com (with zero as the first character), the domain went for $2555, while I was the second bidder. And today I see the domain is pendingDelete...

Did the auction winner fail to pay for the domain and the auction fell through and the domain got deleted? Is there a way to tell if it was paid for? Or did the new owner simply deleted it for whatever reason? Any ideas what might have happened here?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Brian L.

Brian L. Top Contributor VIP ICA Member

That’s odd. I was under the impression that the domain went to the second highest bidder if the highest bidder failed to pay.

3. pb

Well I never got any message regarding that. But either way, it's certainly odd to just delete the domain that sold for 2.5k, even if it wasn't paid for.

4. Donmarick

Donmarick Established Member

Weird, even if I would be the owner of one. com with latter "o" I would rather make a redirect to one . com from 0ne. com without deleting it.

5. andrewschnarr

andrewschnarr Upgraded Member Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

This could have been bid by someone at DropCatch, then dropped it knowing they could catch it to drive the hype/price up more for a quick turnaround. Does anyone know how much it went for on DropCatch?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  6. pb

$2305

7. andrewschnarr

andrewschnarr Upgraded Member Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Then ya it doesn't make sense unless it was a gamble.

8. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

9. equity78

https://namebio.com/0ne.com

Quite simple it went to auction at GoDaddy. That person did not pay and GoDaddy let the domain drop, it dropped and DropCatch successfully caught it and profited off of GoDaddy's failure to secure payment.

10. equity78

Not just at GoDaddy tonight you will see a domain that closed at Dynadot they did not get paid, let drop and DropCatch gets the money. https://namebio.com/zaune.com

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice