IT.COM

$0.25 after 8 clicks?!?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am using namedrive for parking. I have a name that over the past 2-3 days has gotten 18 visits and 8 clicks. The name was a formerly developed site. Anyway off of those 8 clicks namedrive is reporting only $0.25 revenue. Will this change or am I really only going to earn that much?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Without knowing your market, the nationality of your visitors, etc; it's impossible to prodict. But it's certainly possible that whatever your site is, it's just not worth that much to advertisers.

•••
madpoet said:
Without knowing your market, the nationality of your visitors, etc; it's impossible to prodict. But it's certainly possible that whatever your site is, it's just not worth that much to advertisers.

Online gaming? Whats worth all the money then mr smarts? :hi:

•••
There's been a lot of stuff about online gaming in the news recently; maybe some of the advertisers have dropped out.

•••
welcome to namedrive...

•••
Welcome to the wonderful world of domain parking!!!

It sure is a minefield of if's and but's with parking your names.

•••
Namedrive doesn't update the ppc until 48 hours after.
Please note: The earnings on each click made on your domains are shown as a generic per-region value for the first 48 hours. Once we receive the exact earnings data from our advertising partner, the generic stats are updated to show the real click value. The last update date is shown in gray in your control panel. This process ensures that we can display the exact earnings made on your domains.
Also I don't think online gaming is that high paying.

As of now up to january 3rd is the real value.

Last edited:
•••
mrizos said:
welcome to namedrive...

Indeed. Your 8 clicks after the update just might add up to .16 cents..

If you have a gambling domain with traffic move it Fabulous.com. My gambling domain there is averaging $1.20 which is on the low end for Fab. Same domain at ND was getting pennies.

•••
I misspoke. Not gambling. Online games. The name is 1uparcade.net

•••
•••
competentdomains said:
Go for adsense.

Not interested in investing into a gaming script to try and make money via adsense.

•••
domainer50 said:
I misspoke. Not gambling. Online games. The name is 1uparcade.net

From what I've heard in the past, that type of name typically doesn't do too well with ads. Have you looked at your domain to see what type of ads are actually running?

•••
$ for online games is probally always under 10 cents

•••
3 cents for online games is not bad for a google feed.

•••
Sold the name, so im no longer worried about it :)

•••
domainer50 said:
Sold the name, so im no longer worried about it :)

Thats a fast sale LOL

•••
Is there a way to cheat the system?

I'm not into this making money from having a website like companies of DomainSponser.com, 260.com, etc etc... personally I think websites like these should be ban from the internet all together.

But is there away to cheat the system like setup a bot that keeps going to your site from a off shore location and racking up money for you?

•••
•••
WickedChess said:
I'm not into this making money from having a website like companies of DomainSponser.com, 260.com, etc etc... personally I think websites like these should be ban from the internet all together.

I don't understand, are you saying that someone should ban all parked pages?

WickedChess said:
But is there away to cheat the system like setup a bot that keeps going to your site from a off shore location and racking up money for you?

That has got to be the worse idea I have heard involving domains and parking. This will get you a quick boot from the parking companies.

•••
WickedChess said:
Is there a way to cheat the system?

There are probably thousands of ways to do it. Scammers and fraudsters come up with new ones every day. But if your that dishonest why not just take a gun and head down to your local bank. It is same thing. I think you'll find that most of the members here don't take too kindly to that vocation.

•••
blaknite said:
There are probably thousands of ways to do it. Scammers and fraudsters come up with new ones every day. But if your that dishonest why not just take a gun and head down to your local bank. It is same thing. I think you'll find that most of the members here don't take too kindly to that vocation.

We should just let it go. I dont know why someone would ask that in a public and professional forum. But as far as I am concerned he is not very aware of what we domainers are about :)

•••
If NameDrive, Paid near as well as their templates look, they would be great. Unfortuantly, NameDrive's RPC, just isn't very good. Perhaps Ed could tell us why?

In general though, My RPC fluctuates from day to day, Here of late, It has been the lowest i have seen it in a very long time. It will pick back up.

Many times, Advertisers max out their budget, and will not be on a parking page for a few days. then they will return, that brings in the lower budget advertisers. That brings RPC's as low as 0.09 per click in my case. On certain names. They usually pick back up in a couple of days though.

•••
domainer50 said:
The name is 1uparcade.net

Look at it now, that is a great looking parked page now! Anyone have any idea on who is the current provider?

johname said:
$ for online games is probally always under 10 cents

I have some online game domains some that can get as many as 100 clicks per day they seem to average about 8 cents click, generally speaking they just don't pay well anywhere.

•••
pwr1019 said:
Look at it now, that is a great looking parked page now! Anyone have any idea on who is the current provider?

Not sure. Thats a great parked page. But the style wont increase the PPC.

•••
The video game sector pays like crap. It's a flooded market with a lot of teens having sites and domains. If you can avoid the sector altogether.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back