domain A Company Just Paid 10k For The .net Version On Sedo! How Much For Mine? "ryl" 3 Char

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

CWDigital

Adapt and OvercomeEstablished Member
Impact
3
I OWN RYL.US AND HAVE OFFERED IT FOR SALE ON HERE BEFORE FOR NOMINAL AMOUNTS THINKING IT WAS WORTHLESS, THEN I AM LOOKING ON WWW.AFTERNIC.COM TODAY AND SAW THAT SOMEONE HAD BOUGHT THE RYL.NET FOR 10K!
IT WAS BY A COMPANY CALLED "PLANETWIDE GAMES" http://www.planetwidegames.com
THEY JUST RELEASED THE BETA VERSION FOR THIS HUGE ONLINE FANTASY GAME CALLED "RYL" (RISK YOUR LIFE)! WHEN I CALLED THEM TODAY THEY SAID THE CEO WAS TRYING TO REACH ME AT AN OLD EMAIL ADDRESS FOR MY DOMAIN NAME SINCE THEY WANTED THE .US DOMAIN! ALSO I LOOK UP "RYL" ON THE INTERNET AND ITS THE STOCK TICKER SYMBOL FOR RYLAND HOMES AND ALSO THEIR ACRONYM! A FORTUNE 500 COMPANY! (#481) WWW.RYLAND.COM
I SPOKE WITH THE MARKETING ASST. AND THEY ARE GOING TO CONSIDER BUYING IT AS WELL BEFORE THE SOFTWARE COMPANY GETS IT! HOW MUCH SHOULD I ASK AND WHAT IS A FAIR PRICE FOR THE .US DOMAIN GIVEN THE CIRCUMSTANCES? ALSO IS THERE ANY POTENTIAL CYBER-SQUATTING ISSUES HERE?, I INTENDED THE DOMAIN TO MEAN "REFINANCE YOUR LOAN"..ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE? :? :? :? :?

THANKS AHEAD OF TIME!

CHRIS :kickass:
 
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Originally posted by superdealchris
...anyone know anything about the new .xxx that is possibly coming?

You might want to open a new thread on that one.

ST
 
0
•••
so anyways...anyone else have anything fun to add? :)
 
0
•••
Nothing much, you got really lucky, post back when, if, you make the sale. Good Luck
 
0
•••
wow, nice!

1K to 1.5K
 
0
•••
Sold "RYL.us" domain to them (planetwidegames), received check, done deal!
 
0
•••
congratz chris.... how much did it go? just curious :-/

Thanks
-Rostum
 
0
•••
enough...more than what I paid (lol..$6.95) and probably more than any recent .us sales :)

chris-
 
0
•••
Hehe come on tell us ;D
 
0
•••
ok ok ok in true namepros fashion I got exactly low x,xxx :kickass:
 
0
•••
awesome, grats man :)
 
0
•••
Sit tight and wait for THEM
 
0
•••
-RJ- said:
The CAPS make your post look like it was written by a Nigerian Email Scammer. You need a new keyboard or something? ;)

But seriously, sound like you're in a good position to make a sale. Any price of $1000 or more, you'll be scoring big for this three letter domain. I would aim for the $2500 range and be willing to settle for 1k based on how the negotiations go. Cybersquatting is not an issue if you registered the name before they started using the term.

it does make it seem like you're a nigerian scammer. I would email them and probally ask for 3,000 and it'll probally be sold for 2000ish. Also, I would let them know you have another interested party so you'll get the most you can from it.
 
0
•••
wtf was that all about? :-/
 
0
•••
A good lesson for all of us - Make sure your email address for your domain names is CURRENT!
 
0
•••
Good job on the sale.
 
0
•••
Excellent job! This type of sales always make me jealous and want to register for more names!
 
0
•••
all deleted today....probably avail for a few minutes or so...

yeah...I seem to pick the right ones, here are a few for just my thread watchers! good luck!

usci.org (type in "usci" in your search bar and hit enter)
ghso.com (same thing..duh)

here are a few just for fun:

mrsdiva.com
ewebpower.com
emusicweb.com
freeadpro.com
pussybomb.com
safebabys.com
thaghetto.com
 
0
•••
WOW.. congrats on the sale
 
1
•••
hey thanks you guys rock..couldnt do it w/o namepros! ;)
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back