Dynadot

discuss The NFC & Mobile Tech Discussion and Showcase (Tap / Wallet / Money)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another trend on the way with tapping phones hitting the masses. Especially with Google Wallet launching and NFC phones becoming the norm. Here are a few of my best. Most have gone. "Tag" is also a key word... Anyone else have any?

TapAndPIN.com
Buy-Tap.com
MateTap.com
TapPurchase.com
NFCTap.It
PayTap.It
PurchaseTap.com
TagNTap.com
Tap2Fight.com
Tap2Follow.com
Tap2Pay.It
Tap2Share.It
Tap4.It
Tap4Discount.com
TapFollow.com
TapX.It
TransferTap.com
XchangeTap.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting, Microsoft applies for "Tap and Do" trademark as it relates to "computers and computer peripherals featuring near field communication (NFC) connectivity".

Well, the .com is available so lets see who is brave enough (or stupid enough) to reg it.

If you are reading this then the good faith has went out the window :)

•••
•••
Well, the .com is available so lets see who is brave enough (or stupid enough) to reg it.

If you are reading this then the good faith has went out the window :)

The domain - TapAndDo.com, was reg'd yesterday.

Last edited:
•••
The domain - TapAndDo.com, was reg'd yesterday.

I see that, they are in the Ukraine and all ready have it up for sale on sedo.

So I wonder what Microsoft will about it :?

•••
Sold this week via sedo, according to thedomains.com

Pay2Go.com. - $2599

Last edited:
•••
I see someone sold WalletOnline.com for $2,588 last week.

:)

•••
Last edited:
•••
The Mobile Wallet Revolution

scribd.com/doc/87150544/The-Mobile-Wallet-Revolution

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
•••
Just reg'd what maybe my best Wallet domain.
I waited a month for it to drop and it dropped today, I was able to hand reg it, no drop service required :)

Wallet1.jpg

I'm a happy camper
:D

•••
Reported on theDomains:

ipay.in - 1,200 USD

I caught -

iMobileMoney / com

the other day.

Cheers

P.S.

Also reg'd my first co.nz domains after reading this -

voxy.co.nz/business/kiwis-primed-shift-mobile-payments/5/118470

MobilePayment / co.nz
MobilePayments / co.nz

Cheers

•••
Google acquires TxVia to improve Google Wallet user experience

mobilecommercedaily.com/2012/04/06/google-acquires-txvia-to-improve-mobile-payments-user-experience

•••
•••

Interesting discussion there of the question "what is a wallet?"

It seems the wallet is going to be not simply a money container and transaction engine, but home to a lot of 3d party promos to make it make money, which that vid oddly did not mention.

Here is an interesting tech article about wallets and competition in wallets:
http://www.bobsguide.com/guide/news...epaper-seeks-to-define-competitive-space.html

Entitled Control Points in Mobile Wallets, the Mobey Forum whitepaper seeks to analyse how the rollout of the mobile wallet and the competitive space around it will be dictated by the various stakeholders involved in the development and deployment of the technology. The publication covers the role of banks, technology vendors, payment processors, MNOs, card schemes like Visa or MasterCard, and various other players like merchants.

There is currently a lot of hype around the mobile wallet but very little analysis and guidance to support worldwide adoption, believes Sirpa Nordlund, executive director of Mobey Forum.

In conclusion, Amir Tabakovic, head of market development at PostFinance and chair of the Mobey Forum Mobile Wallet Task Force, points out that there is considerable competition for market position among key players in the field, all of them striving to win the interest of consumers. “If the mobile wallet is to develop to its full potential, however, it is important to understand how the landscape can be influenced,” he says. “In particular, [information is needed on] how stakeholders can control one or more parts of the ecosystem.”

•••
This was in the news this week, even on the radio. Barclays Bank launched NFC stickers to allow any phone to make contatcless payments.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/19/barclaycard_pay_tag/print.html

Barclaycard has launched a proximity-payment token embedded in a sticker, ideally sized for affixing to the back of a mobile phone, as a stop gap until the handsets catch up.

The Barclaycard PayTag is a sticker about a third of the size of a credit card, but does not have the chip contacts or magnetic stripe. It is linked to an existing Barclaycard account and can only be used for pay-by-bonk transactions, but Barclaycard will back the launch with a huge publicity drive in the hope of convincing more people to pay that way.

We're told that there are already 100,000 terminals in the UK which will accept pay-by-bonk, which is already embedded into the majority of traditional cards in circulation. etc

•••
•••
Sale -

CouponWallet.com - $2,167

•••
•••
Just made a $700 sale on one of my wallet domains.I know its not a ground breaking sale but will let you know what domain it was when the money has cleared in the next day or two.

Cheers

•••
Just made a $700 sale on one of my wallet domains.
Cheers

Great job :)

How did it come about?
Did they come to you or did you go to them?

•••
The Company contacted me via email mate.

Cheers

•••
•••
Just picked up a drop -

NFCTALK.COM

Cheers

•••
Another sale according to thedomains.con

CarWallet.com $1,000

•••
Stu, I think you will find carwallet is actually for car wallets, cant think of any use for it with mobile wallets

[ame="http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=%22car%20wallet%22&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=JE2XT4SNCpGamQXbqJ3MDg&biw=1920&bih=1027&sei=KE2XT9XtBs7JmAXs09mtDg"]"car wallet" - Google Search[/ame]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back