Dynadot
Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
congrats on your sale! there were so many bargains in those GD auctions

•••
Sold Fil.me (german hack---> Movies) for approx. $2,3k not bad for a $75 buy a few month ago at .me auctions (btw was ready to bid $500 for it but I was the only bidder)...

Now hoping for another good sale for Perfu.me (have spend some more $$ for it at .me auctions)

Many congratulations. Well done!

•••
Sold Fil.me (german hack---> Movies) for approx. $2,3k not bad for a $75 buy a few month ago at .me auctions (btw was ready to bid $500 for it but I was the only bidder)...

Now hoping for another good sale for Perfu.me (have spend some more $$ for it at .me auctions)
Nice sale!

Where did you sell it? Do you think you sold it to an end user?

•••
lappanion:Congrats on a great sale.
Congrats on a fantastic buy also!!! I'm guessing a lot of people thought it was a typo! Did not even notice it :blink: as a hack.

Jawed: Thanks for the post on wp.me this is indeed great news and definately raise awareness of .me

abc3200: There has been a few geos on SEDO at the back end of last year, the most recent have been in the semi closed auctions of domain.me @ https://auctions.domain.me/recentSales.aspx .
Funk.Me also reported a one or two I think. I think quite a few geo holders are waiting to see how the market develops. Feel free to PM me if your looking to buy or sell.

•••
Good News for .me

Merge.me sold for 1900 $ and
Share.me sold for 2700$

Source : dnjounral.com

What do you guys think ? Is it a steal or Is it the names real worth ?

•••
Share.me sold for 2700$

Share.Me - Bargain!

•••
Share.me sold for 2700$

I have a lot of similar [verb].me and my BIN is 3000$ in general, but I'm also open to offers. I wouldn't have sold share.me for 2700$ though, it's a good name! I would have asked 4000$ or would have waited more before selling it. With wp.me, more and more people will be aware of .me.

Merge.me for 1900$ is ok, I'd say.

•••
+1 for the above 2 comments about share.me... anything under $5K was a true steal.

A few days or week of dev effort and branding, and this is an easy 5 figure revenue generator....

Rob

•••
think the same about share.me :) it's such a "startup-able" name!

•••
Share.me sold for 2700$

Share.me - at that price - a steal, IMO

•••
Seeing Share.me and merge .Me sales, I am tempted to ask what would my Slam.Me fetch ??

•••
congrats on your sale! there were so many bargains in those GD auctions

yes and i grabbed a few of them :D, had offers in total exceeding 5000 USD for the names I bought for below $1,5k at GD auctions i think (not including the sold hack)....

Nice sale!

Where did you sell it? Do you think you sold it to an end user?

Sold it in german domain forum... Yes Enduser...

I think quite a few geo holders are waiting to see how the market develops. Feel free to PM me if your looking to buy or sell.

Looking to sell Yugoslavia.me (appraised as worthless here at NP), have received 3 high $xxx offers and one $1,1k offer for it.... BIN $1,9k

•••
good to hear about ur sale lappanion,

i hope this brighten the future of .me since alot of us have invested in it. i have over 90+ .me my self including

Motels.me
Royal.me
Childabuse.me ( good for organization )
Library.me
Haunted.me
Aircargo.me

and many more :)

Sold 2 of my .me in early days in jan for XXX High -XXXX Low

•••
Shahid sorry to say that but childabuse.me is one of the worst the domains i've ever heard and I am sure no organization on this planet would use this name.... It so not fits the extension... on the other hand abuse.me (not mine), molest.me (mine) , punch.me (mine) are borderline catchy and can be sold...
I would cancel it...

toni

•••
Shahid sorry to say that but childabuse.me is one of the worst the domains i've ever heard and I am sure no organization on this planet would use this name.... It so not fits the extension... on the other hand abuse.me (not mine), molest.me (mine) , punch.me (mine) are borderline catchy and can be sold...
I would cancel it...

toni

Thanks for your reply, sorry i just noticed what you tried to say and i do believe it sounds very bad, but i just got it since it was just a new Extension, so grabbed a few keywords

i did try to get it canceled through domain monster but they said let it expire or maybe someone might buy it.

anyways i will see if i can get it canceled soon, thanks for the eye opener i never looked at it that way

•••
Sold it in german domain forum... Yes Enduser...

Looking to sell Yugoslavia.me (appraised as worthless here at NP), have received 3 high $xxx offers and one $1,1k offer for it.... BIN $1,9k

can you tell the name of the german domain forum:gn:

Last edited:
•••
Big news! .me is now seen as a neutral top-level domain by Google!!!

(I don't know if I should post this here or in the ccTLD forum, but since it's precisely about if .me is a ccTLD or not, I'll post it here)

It's now possible to set "Geographic target" to "Unlisted" (no specific country targeted) for a .me domain in Google Webmaster Tools! So .me is now seen as a neutral top-level domain by Google!

Some days ago (yesterday?) "Geographic target" was set to "Montenegro" and it was impossible to change it!

Screenshot for one of my .me, fan.tas.me:

webmaster.jpg

Last edited:
•••
This is great news for the extension! .ME seems have really changed in the past couple of weeks.

•••
•••
This is really greats news now I may be interested in getting a few .me's to develop.

•••
This is really greats news now I may be interested in getting a few .me's to develop.

That's the part that is still necessary. I have about a dozen great LLL.ME's on my "possible buy" list, but that market is very iffy. If the extension keeps growing in popularity I may regret not grabbing them now.

•••
Very Nice for .Me , Can any of you guys tell me how to set up this so called geographical target and also any suggestions or websites to learn adsense to its maximum level.

•••
Great news for .me :)

Maybe now i sell some !!! eheh

•••
I'm curious to know why this thread has not been accepted in the Domain Name Discussion forum...

.me should not be considered as a ccTLD anymore! Or am I missing something? What is the difference between .me and, let's say, .info now?

Last edited:
•••
Great news Tata. Don’t forget big boys have been behind .me since the very inception of the extension. Rep on its way for sharing such an excellent piece of news.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back