IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
A few days ago my website Welcome to iBoy.me went live and offering free websites. The site works on PCs, Macs, iPhones, iPod touches, Android, Palm Pre and many other smart cellphones. If you want a free site with no ads on user generated pages then please consider making a site on Welcome to iBoy.me. You can post pictures, track your school classes and grades, see pictures from around the world, and many other things.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
A few days ago my website Welcome to iBoy.me went live and offering free websites. The site works on PCs, Macs, iPhones, iPod touches, Android, Palm Pre and many other smart cellphones. If you want a free site with no ad on user generated pages then please consider making a site on Welcome to iBoy.me. You can post pictures, track your school classes and grades, see pictures from around the world, and many other things.

Thanks.

Nice Concept, but I personally feel that you can improve the design much more..

•••
Nice Concept, but I personally feel that you can improve the design much more..

Hi Robin122,

What were you thinking for improvements?

•••
Hi Robin122,

What were you thinking for improvements?
Simple background colors if possible... and little attractive font on Menu...

•••
•••
•••
•••
payer.me
newsreporter.me
for sale

•••
Have Bte.me on SEDO auction now, I really like the .me ext better than any of the other newer ones, and in fact, better than even .net...

•••
•••
•••
My Daddy always used to say dont you try and HornSwoggle.me

I miss my daddy but i know he would have said if you can buy something for 10 and sell it for 50 do it,so you know what its worth to me, eh

•••
With certain verbs .me is exceptionally brandable but I'm not convinced the fact that it appears on every fourth web page is a useful proxy for inherent brandability as this article implies. "me" is indexed 3.25bn times by Google and "the" is indexed 11.6bn times, that doesn't mean .the would be a brandable domain extension.

It is not how many times a word gets mentioned on web pages that reflects brandability but how many times it is included in URLs, and at the business end of proceedings, how many times it gets trademarked, and specifically how many times it is used as a suffix in those URL's and marks. The word "me" is included in 8,084 US trademarks, that's high, "tv" gets 5,570 US trademarks mentions and "pro" has 15,386.

I considered bidding for domains in the .me landrush auctions, I thought Play.me was a brilliant name for a music download site, it sold for $7,500, but the high prices put me off. I got up at 5:00AM four mornings in a row to manually catch Play.pro on the drop, I picked up Date.pro for $64 on SnapNames, that's a $69,936 saving on Date.me. Date.pro is brandable, it suggests to a user that the site will make them a Pro at dating or it could be used as a site for people wanting to date professionals. It's also 1,153 days older that Date.me so with the same content, backlinks and SEO, it would rank higher in Google than Date.me.

Domain.me is a brilliant registry, it's .me launch was near perfect but that adds value for the registry not domainers. If you strip out Cloud.me from reported .me sales in 2009, the total is about $24,000. Considering the millions of dollars domainers have poured into .me keywords that will never sell, that's a poor return. To put that into perspective, reported .pro sales since May 08, after stripping out the $8,000 sale of Gulf.pro and $1,995 sales of MerchantAccount.pro which didn't complete on Sedo, are $36,000. That's a low return on the $900,000 invested in reg fees during the same 19 month period but it's still 4%. Would anybody like to hazard a guess at the domainer return on .me domains calculated as domainer sales divided by reg fees raked in during the period? That's the figure we as domainers should be looking at, not how much Domain.me cream in on it's landrush auctions.

Last edited:
•••
With certain verbs .me is exceptionally brandable but I'm not convinced the fact that it appears on every fourth web page is a useful proxy for inherent brandability as this article implies. "me" is indexed 3.25bn times by Google and "the" is indexed 11.6bn times, that doesn't mean .the would be a brandable domain extension.
The thing is "the" makes no sense at the end of a sentence, "me" yes.

•••
The 1M in three years may be a bit optimistic as all new TLDs tend to go though a landrush spike, a Junk Dump drop and then try to regain some level of growth. It looks just like pure marketing hype by people who really haven't much of a clue about how the domain business works.

Regards...jmcc

•••
The thing is "the" makes no sense at the end of a sentence, "me" yes.

The point I was making was that frequency of occurence on web pages has no bearing on brandability which is what the .me article was implying. They would have been better off quoting the number of KeywordMe.com domains developed, the number of company names that include "me", or the number of trademarks that include "me" because those statistics take into account whether something makes sense as a domain extension.

•••
The point I was making was that frequency of occurence on web pages has no bearing on brandability which is what the .me article was implying. They would have been better off quoting the number of KeywordMe.com domains developed, the number of company names that include "me", or the number of trademarks that include "me" because those statistics take into account whether something makes sense as a domain extension.
Oh I see, and I agree!

•••
•••
•••
thanks for the posting the news Jawed.
It's a very smart move by both GD and Domain.me. more people will know about .me.

•••
Just regged Yiu.me

Thought it was an interesting variation/typo of You.me, and also Yiu is an Asian name..

•••
I went back through this thread for a few minutes and could not find many geo.me sales. Does anybody have infor on what kind of prices geo.me domains are going for? Thanks.

•••
Sold Fil.me (german hack---> Movies) for approx. $2,3k not bad for a $75 buy a few month ago at .me auctions (btw was ready to bid $500 for it but I was the only bidder)...

Now hoping for another good sale for Perfu.me (have spend some more $$ for it at .me auctions)

•••
Sold Fil.me (german hack---> Movies) for approx. $2,3k not bad for a $75 buy a few month ago at .me auctions (btw was ready to bid $500 for it but I was the only bidder)...

Now hoping for another good sale for Perfu.me (have spend some more $$ for it at .me auctions)

Congrats :)

Great sale.

I didn't had the same luck.
Still looking for buyers for my .Me's! :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back