Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Closed the sale of financial harvest dot com this morning for $1,000. Was a very pleasing sale as I was actually debating whether to renew a couple of days ago. I decided to in the end and then within 24 hours of renewing the prospect contacted me asking if I would sell. He must have been monitoring it hoping it would drop and then contacted me when he noticed it was renewed.

Offered $250 to begin with but got him up to $1,000 and closed. Already been paid by paypal so very happy considering it was a near drop. Buyer was the owner of financial - harvest dot com so thought he would be keen for the non hyphen version.

This is a great example of a semi educated end user, he probably did not understand the painful drop procedure, and also how he refused to settle for the .net or .org as they sit unregistered, clearly he wanted the King .COM, as many posters will argue the .net is just as good if you build it out, but this user was willing to pay 100x more for the .com, the king still rules. Nice sale, that is a great domain for a financial services company, sounds trustworthy.

•••
hail the king!!!!!!!11

and congrats for this great and exemplary sale!

Last edited:
•••
Closed the sale of financial harvest dot com this morning for $1,000. Was a very pleasing sale as I was actually debating whether to renew a couple of days ago. I decided to in the end and then within 24 hours of renewing the prospect contacted me asking if I would sell. He must have been monitoring it hoping it would drop and then contacted me when he noticed it was renewed.

Offered $250 to begin with but got him up to $1,000 and closed. Already been paid by paypal so very happy considering it was a near drop. Buyer was the owner of financial - harvest dot com so thought he would be keen for the non hyphen version.

Bravo Michael, congratulations on keeping it & not letting it drop :D

How's the business anyways? and I havent spoken to you in ages.. what have you been upto?

Jay

•••
•••
I sold CheapFlutes.com (picked up from RJ's list for $39, transferred to godaddy for $8 = total investment $47) to an end-user for $150 (he didnt budge for his initial offer)

•••
im/flash()com
$300
sold to the intel/micron partnership.
too bad this was the most i could get from them
grrr

I can't believe these guys lowballed you for $300

•••
Still a decent sale where "Im" should have been "I am", congrats on $300 bucks :D

•••
Godaddy Premium Listings

CarroYa (.) com $3000 (quick car in Spanish)

•••
A few sales over the past 3-4 days...

MultiCurrency.com - $2,000 (end user sale, picked up for mid $xx)
LiftEquipment.net - $600 (end user sale, picked up for reg. fee)
IronBalusters.com - $700
CatSupplies.net - $675

•••
•••
This is my first sale in domaining, I started January 2010...

VisitAntarctica.net

Sold at $250 via a broker

•••
This is my first sale in domaining, I started January 2010...

VisitAntarctica.net

Sold at $250 via a broker

I think that's a quite an achievement there, was this an end-user sale that was brokered for you or resale? Please tell us more...

•••
idk if it was an end user, should i ask it? (really have no idea sorry) but i think for its prize, it's quite on the end user level..

I discovered the domain while looking for
Visit_Place_.com/net/org
And was lucky to find Antarctica in NET is available while the other extensions were taken.

I never made any efforts on marketing it or even developing it since im a lazy bum, what i did is i just let everyone know here on NP that i registered it together with VisitSamoa.net

Then 1-2 days ago (GMT+8), I tried listing it on premierportfolio and after a short time, I received a $50 offer from the website itself, I countered it because I know brokers offer lowest on first try.

The next deal is $250 which I turned on to domain gurus here and told me it's a good deal. That's the best go signal for me so I closed it at that price :)

That's it, it's really a good price for me since I only registered it at InternetBS.net for $6.. :D

•••
nj/mri/dot com $250
us/mri/dot com $250

Both sold on SEDO.
Received 2 offers from same buyer,2 days ago.
Payment received.
Both were REG FEE domains.

•••
nj/mri/dot com $250
us/mri/dot com $250

Both sold on SEDO.
Received 2 offers from same buyer,2 days ago.
Payment received.
Both were REG FEE domains.
he ustve been an end user :) good sale :D was it category showcase or the $39 showcase?
nymri belongs to you?

•••
he ustve been an end user :) good sale :D was it category showcase or the $39 showcase?
nymri belongs to you?

No category showcase, no nothing...had them listed for 4 months.
NO nymri is not mine, I wish it was:)

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

and another one just received payment:
notebook//stands// dot net
$300 enduser (after pitching over 250 EMAILS last week)
Reg fee domain, buyer paid escrow fees

•••

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

pitching to who? possible end users? lol you're smart! :D

•••
yep, possible end users. I used the new estibot lead generator tool, and then google other similar keywords. The keyword that sold the domain was "laptop stand"
Both Versa/Tables and Lap'Dawg made offers and I sold it to the highest bidder of course.

•••

Sorry for asking here, what escrow service do you use, coze i'm feed up with sedo

•••
Sorry for asking here, what escrow service do you use, coze i'm feed up with sedo

Use moniker.com, escrow.com or maybe try my websites escrow service (pm for link, dont wanna post here)

•••
•••
•••
•••
So sorry for highjaking the thread, i cant use escrow, i guess there's a ban for my country(romania)
2/20/2010 4:51:08 AM: Your access to Escrow.com has been denied.
Maybe it would be a good ideea for someone to make a sticky thread with escrow services we can use, fees, what registars they support, things like this that could be usefull for us

Last edited:
•••
So sorry for highjaking the thread, i cant use escrow, i guess there's a ban for my country(romania)
2/20/2010 4:51:08 AM: Your access to Escrow.com has been denied.
Maybe it would be a good ideea for someone to make a sticky thread with escrow services we can use, fees, what registars they support, things like this that could be usefull for us

I use Moniker escrow service. It is a bit slower process then SEDO, and you are required to fax or email your signature for the transfer agreement...so it takes up to 1 week to receive payment.
There is no residence restriction with SEDO or Moniker...
BTW I was born in Romania too ....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back