Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No category showcase, no nothing...had them listed for 4 months.
NO nymri is not mine, I wish it was:)

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

and another one just received payment:
notebook//stands// dot net
$300 enduser (after pitching over 250 EMAILS last week)
Reg fee domain, buyer paid escrow fees

Wow, 250 emails, that is what you call determination.
I didn't even think that term had 250 end users.

•••
Wow, 250 emails, that is what you call determination.
I didn't even think that term had 250 end users.

Yes, I went from laptop tripod, laptop holder, ergonomic laptop, laptop mounts, laptop desks etc keywords.
I should have pushed for a higher price, BUT I don't say no to money, so I took the 1st highest offer.
I usually focus on 1 domain at a time for a whole 2-3 days of contacting end users and usually I sell that domain...sometimes not...
IE: cyclingsocks I have contacted over 300+ endusers and only 2 offers this week. I am considering taking the best offer of course because all my domains are reg fee and even $150 is a lot of profit.

•••
Yes, I went from laptop tripod, laptop holder, ergonomic laptop, laptop mounts, laptop desks etc keywords.
I should have pushed for a higher price, BUT I don't say no to money, so I took the 1st highest offer.
I usually focus on 1 domain at a time for a whole 2-3 days of contacting end users and usually I sell that domain...sometimes not...
IE: cyclingsocks I have contacted over 300+ endusers and only 2 offers this week. I am considering taking the best offer of course because all my domains are reg fee and even $150 is a lot of profit.

The sad part about it is, the larger companies that could really utilize those keyword domains, just don't get the emails in the management level, as they are usually deleted by front level customer service staff, and when you target the small to medium businesses they just don't have the operating budgets to invest in marketing right now.... notebook stand domain was dead on the money for who the target market is, buyer got a good asset, congrats on your sale, hard work does pay off.

•••
maxtorz, i like your dedication bud.. keep going!

•••
Do you contact big companies too? Or just the small-medium entrepreneurs?

•••
I love the discussion that's going on in here, but is it possible to move it to the 'how to contact end users' thread? That would allow this thread to be more straightforward and easy to follow for those looking to get a quick feel for recent sales.

•••
I love the discussion that's going on in here, but is it possible to move it to the 'how to contact end users' thread? That would allow this thread to be more straightforward and easy to follow for those looking to get a quick feel for recent sales.
I agree, I find the 'how to find/how to sell' discussion interesting and useful too but not here :imho:

•••
Some more sales to report, all NameFlipper-recommended catches:

* Visual / Journalist () com - $675 (cost - $69, sold via - Sedo inquiry)
* Ken / Rowe () com - $445 (cost - $13.99; sold via - GD premium listing)
* Vibrating / Feeders () com - $995 (cost - $8.99; sold via - GD premium listing)

TOTAL - $92 spent, $2115 earned. No work needed.

•••

* Vibrating / Feeders () com - $995 (cost - $8.99; sold via - GD premium listing)

Wow Simply superb:kickass:...

So end users approached you are u mailed / approach them ???

•••
[/COLOR]

how about the NF list? how much did you bought on it?

•••
So end users approached you are u mailed / approach them ???

They approached me.

how about the NF list? how much did you bought on it?

PM sent with details.

•••
Sold ShareNews.co.in for $45, had reg, good deal what say ???

•••
•••
•••
Sold ShareNews.co.in for $45, had reg, good deal what say ???

Congrats, your first sale? end-user or reseller? what was ROI on it?

•••
Congrats, your first sale? end-user or reseller? what was ROI on it?

No Jay its not my first sale, i have already sold few names earlier. Well it was a handreg domain for $4 in January and gone for $45 yesterday. The buyer is looking for development....

So what u think how's the ROI ???

•••
No Jay its not my first sale, i have already sold few names earlier. Well it was a handreg domain for $4 in January and gone for $45 yesterday. The buyer is looking for development....

So what u think how's the ROI ???

So umm pretty good ROI IMO.. as long as you made some on it is +..
Good work, and glad you'd share it with everyone here in the community.

Good luck wit the rest bruv!

•••
Indian.bz - $50 over Bido
Awaiting payment

My cut $45

•••
So umm pretty good ROI IMO.. as long as you made some on it is +..
Good work, and glad you'd share it with everyone here in the community.

Good luck wit the rest bruv!

Thanks a lot, will keep sharing as soon as i sell more...

•••
photoformats.com sold for $340

Private offer from another GoDaddy customer.

_________
www.aloo.com Only the best sites.

Last edited:
•••
() CANALI () us sold to the Italian clothes designer....after they hired a law firm to negociate :)
It was a regg fee domain, as all of my other domains...and sold for 500 on sedo

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

() VLIST () net sold to enduser for 100
Reg fee domain of course.
I have a few more pending enduser sales this week...will update..

•••
() CANALI () us sold to the Italian clothes designer....after they hired a law firm to negociate :)
It was a regg fee domain, as all of my other domains...and sold for 500 on sedo

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

() VLIST () net sold to enduser for 100
Reg fee domain of course.
I have a few more pending enduser sales this week...will update..

Congrats man...

•••
Sold Rating dot in for $650 a few days ago (Sedo)

•••
Sold Rating dot in for $650 a few days ago (Sedo)
Great Sale Sashas! :$:

Do share the negotiation process, whether you used a featured listed, etc.?

All the best with more sales!

•••
Sold frsn dot net at godaddy via their premium listings for $198.

Small sale, but decent ROI, even after their 30% commission.

:tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back