IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This year going rather well so far - three Godaddy premium listing sales (never had more than one in a month before), 18 other names sold and one more currently under offer and in negotiation.

All to end users - average profit is running at 1450% with most names being held less than 12 months :)

•••
A few sales over the past week or so...

MoldTraining.com - $800
BrisbaneAirportServices.com - $100
PHPEditor.net - $600
StorageFacility.net - $300
FilmSlideScanner.com - $300
BakingEquipment.net - $900

Nice work!

•••
A one-two punch to start off 2010 (both passive sales):

* Cafe / Racers () com - $900 [caught for mid-$xx]
* Perpetual / Leverage () com - $495 [purchased for low-$xx]

More coming soon!

•••

MoldTraining.com - $800
PHPEditor.net - $600

Nice job Fed!

•••
I sold India.tl last month on sedo for $170, where sedo took $150 and all i was left with was pennies :lol: $20 to be exact :P

That sucks mate lol.. :hehe:

•••

MoldTraining.com - $800
PHPEditor.net - $600

Some nice flips in there. Good on ya.

•••
•••
TorontoFloors.com $150
SchoolInternetFilter.com $125
Private Sale (Can't Disclose): $1,500
FasterComputer.net $250
NightVisionSecurity.com $35

Some sales Pending (Will post them once payment and transfer complete)

•••
TorontoFloors.com $150
SchoolInternetFilter.com $125
Private Sale (Can't Disclose): $1,500
FasterComputer.net $250
NightVisionSecurity.com $35

Some sales Pending (Will post them once payment and transfer complete)

Some nice sales, by the way how / where you got this sales, i mean enduser or sedo / parking service ???

Congrats by the way...

•••
•••
•••
electricity / plans / com 450 via sedo [backordered via godaddy $8.36] Domain is from one of Josh's lists

•••
any one has a tip when sending letters offer , I feel like a lot of them get filter as spam and never gets to the end user ? shuld i use gmail ? hotmail ? or my road runne email ??

thanks !

•••
2 sales so far this month...

Ohio / / Graduate .com via godaddy premier listing..$100 my cut $70

Then i got a offer on a 1 page landing site I made for one of my domains (cant release due to NDC) and the first offer was $500..turned down....$600 turned down...then came to him and adv $1000 and he took it...but it took a few weeks to reply back and his answer......"My mom let me borrow the $1000 so I can purchase this".....Now the really really funny thing is that I research this "customer" via his email add.....which adds up to his mailing or billing address via Escrow.com....he runs a venture capital company! LOL my mom let me borrow the money and he is partner in a VC.....i thought it was funny

•••
2 sales so far this month...

Ohio / / Graduate .com via godaddy premier listing..$100 my cut $70

Then i got a offer on a 1 page landing site I made for one of my domains (cant release due to NDC) and the first offer was $500..turned down....$600 turned down...then came to him and adv $1000 and he took it...but it took a few weeks to reply back and his answer......"My mom let me borrow the $1000 so I can purchase this".....Now the really really funny thing is that I research this "customer" via his email add.....which adds up to his mailing or billing address via Escrow.com....he runs a venture capital company! LOL my mom let me borrow the money and he is partner in a VC.....i thought it was funny

Funny indeed! Although, with the way some VC funds are performing of late, there could be some truth to his claim.

Congrats on the sales!

•••
Now the really really funny thing is that I research this "customer" via his email add.....which adds up to his mailing or billing address via Escrow.com....he runs a venture capital company! LOL my mom let me borrow the money and he is partner in a VC.....i thought it was funny

That's just proof that the Global Financial Crisis has hit all of us, Venture Capital companies included. That's why mummy had to help him out ;)

•••
David//Earl()com $150
Exquisite//Landscaping()com $100

Both were from Josh's lists, from Home| NameFlipper . They each cost me about $7.50 so making over $200 from a mere $15 was a great deal. The first was actually an offer via SEDO. I've tried selling it earlier last year with no success. I was about to let it expire until I received a $100 offer on it. Seeing as I was going to let it expire anyway, I decided that $1xx was a great deal. But SEDO now charges a minimum $50 thus I countered with a bit higher. With the other domain, I approached the buyer. He immediately offered me $50. We negotiated and I took $100 for it. Again, they were both from Josh's list and if you haven't bought one yet, you're missing the boat!

(Verification of these sales is available upon request.)

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

You might wanna read my post here and it could be beneficial to read through the whole thread http://www.namepros.com/68798-how-to-find-potential-end-users-3.html#post1141044

:)

any one has a tip when sending letters offer , I feel like a lot of them get filter as spam and never gets to the end user ? shuld i use gmail ? hotmail ? or my road runne email ??

thanks !

•••
electricity / plans / com 450 via sedo [backordered via godaddy $8.36] Domain is from one of Josh's lists

Nice, you earn back 53 times from the cost, how cool! :lol:

•••
•••
Oracle / Security () com - $895 (Sedo offer)

Caught for mid-$xx a few months back.

•••
avg month for me in jan
sold 17 names for about $3200 profit after domain fees, escrow.

funniest name sold..

hamsteronapiano.com

have about a dozen in the pipeline for feb.

hey anyone know how many latona sells from his newsletter? i have one in there soon

Last edited:
•••
dunno, but sold my first name for 500 dollars to an end user via paypal...

•••
Bible Thumper dot com 330~

Negotiate dot net 1200~

•••
carroll /// stream dotcom for $495 sold as a Godaddy premium listing, got it for $10 via GD drops off one of Joshua's lists a few months back.

A couple weeks back, I sold baking //// equipment dotnet for $500 to a great domainer here, who promptly flipped it for a nice profit. One expiring domain, two happy domainers and one happy end-user. It's like money from thin air for all concerned. The magic of domains....

•••
Sold a couple recently,
believer / tv / dotcom $300 on tdnam
wtf / comedy / dotcom $150 through email

had a good back and forth negotiation on both, everyone happy in the end.
im getting better at communicating with the buyer instead of just saying a dollar amount.
both were hand reg. based on ideas from namepros :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back