Domain Empire

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yellowmen said:
what is your click percentage out of your amount of traffic at parked.com?
If our traffic is a few for example 1000 unique in a month that can it be resulted in lost our account? Does parked manager help us to insert our domains into search engine or must we submit our domains to search engines like yahoo or google ? if you search a keyword where is your domain ranked at Google or Yahoo? in first page or long pages after ?

Some PARKED.COM domains make it to the first page of G or Y's search results "on their own"...but these must be strong keyword names.

•••
oo

Last edited:
•••
Seabass said:
You can add content to your parked domains at Parked, hoping to get indexed. However, overall you should just let Google and Yahoo crawl your domains.....and if you get listed then consider yourself lucky. :)
Interesting that you bring this up. For some odd reason I decided this past weekend to check G & Y for indexing of my 380+ domains. Although unscientific, I did come up with some interesting findings.

I park my domains with three companies: Parked for my best domains, Fabulous for my next tier, and Sedo for my LLLLL and lowest quality domains. Approximately 64% of my domains are at Parked with the remaining 36% split evenly between Fabulous and Sedo.

Of the domains I park with Parked:
66% are indexed on Google
18% are indexed on Yahoo

Of the domains I park with Fabulous:
63% are indexed on Google
22% are indexed on Yahoo

Of the domains I park with Sedo:
90% are indexed on Google
16% are indexed on Yahoo

Once again, these results are very unscientific and do not take into accout previous development, age of the domain, or position of the domain in actual keyword searches, just that they are indexed.

However, I was completely suprised to find that 90% of the crap domains I have with Sedo are indexed on Google. I have no idea why Sedo has such strength with Google. Next I will probly try taking some of my better, unindexed, domains from Parked and list them with Sedo for a few weeks to see if they become indexed.

I was also suprised that there was such a disparity between the percentage indexed by Google and by Yahoo. You would hope that Parked with their relationship with Y, would have some insight in how to improve the indexing of their parked pages there. But this wasn't a problem of just Parked but similar percentages were had by all with regards to Yahoo.

Also of interest with my Parked.com domains was which page was actually indexed. As you know, Parked has a "Domain Inquiry" page in addition to the main page, but Fabulous and Sedo only have one page.

Of the domains I have at Parked that were indexed by Google:
19% have the Main page only indexed
56% have the 'Domain Inquiry' page only indexed, and
25% have both pages indexed

Of the domains at Parked that have been indexed by Yahoo:
65% have the Main page indexed, and
35% have both pages indexed

I did not find any corelation between the indexing of .com's, .net's, or .info's. But, even though my inventory of .us's is too small to matter, none of them were indexed.

While I didn't notice much of a difference between domains where I used the Title Tags and Meta Description Tags, it is my belief that use of these help to place some 'indexable' content on the page.

What does all this actually mean? Other than I have too much time on my hands, probably nothing. But with approximately 2/3's of my domains indexed, I believe that there is a little more involved than just luck as SeaBass stated. I also can't believe that it is just dumb luck that 90% of my domains parked with Sedo are indexed on Google. I don't know.

Just my $0.02

Alan

•••
Alan,

Great research. Maybe with Sedo using a Google Feed has something to do with getting indexed with Google. What really matters is that is your parked domain get's indexed and put on 1st page of a good keyword of MSN, Yahoo, or Google. For example, my MoviesDownload.com domain showed up on Google for 3 days under keyword, "Movies Download" #3 position and was getting about 5,000 uniques a day and than it dissapeared. It's a crazy situation and does involve some luck.

Thanks, Jim

•••
discovernow said:
Alan,

For example, my MoviesDownload.com domain showed up on Google for 3 days under keyword, "Movies Download" #3 position and was getting about 5,000 uniques a day and than it dissapeared. It's a crazy situation and does involve some luck.

Thanks, Jim

Hey Jim, is that because you use meta tags or simply add custom text or what? Thanks, John

•••
i think parked need to be more search engine friendly coz domain with parked that indexed on google has no description and my suggestion is if you can generate meta keywords automatically why not generate meta description automatically too.
thanks

•••
AWRosey said:
Interesting that you bring this up. For some odd reason I decided this past weekend to check G & Y for indexing of my 380+ domains. Although unscientific, I did come up with some interesting findings.

I park my domains with three companies: Parked for my best domains, Fabulous for my next tier, and Sedo for my LLLLL and lowest quality domains. Approximately 64% of my domains are at Parked with the remaining 36% split evenly between Fabulous and Sedo.

Of the domains I park with Parked:
66% are indexed on Google
18% are indexed on Yahoo

Of the domains I park with Fabulous:
63% are indexed on Google
22% are indexed on Yahoo

Of the domains I park with Sedo:
90% are indexed on Google
16% are indexed on Yahoo

Once again, these results are very unscientific and do not take into accout previous development, age of the domain, or position of the domain in actual keyword searches, just that they are indexed.

However, I was completely suprised to find that 90% of the crap domains I have with Sedo are indexed on Google. I have no idea why Sedo has such strength with Google. Next I will probly try taking some of my better, unindexed, domains from Parked and list them with Sedo for a few weeks to see if they become indexed.

I was also suprised that there was such a disparity between the percentage indexed by Google and by Yahoo. You would hope that Parked with their relationship with Y, would have some insight in how to improve the indexing of their parked pages there. But this wasn't a problem of just Parked but similar percentages were had by all with regards to Yahoo.

Also of interest with my Parked.com domains was which page was actually indexed. As you know, Parked has a "Domain Inquiry" page in addition to the main page, but Fabulous and Sedo only have one page.

Of the domains I have at Parked that were indexed by Google:
19% have the Main page only indexed
56% have the 'Domain Inquiry' page only indexed, and
25% have both pages indexed

Of the domains at Parked that have been indexed by Yahoo:
65% have the Main page indexed, and
35% have both pages indexed

I did not find any corelation between the indexing of .com's, .net's, or .info's. But, even though my inventory of .us's is too small to matter, none of them were indexed.

While I didn't notice much of a difference between domains where I used the Title Tags and Meta Description Tags, it is my belief that use of these help to place some 'indexable' content on the page.

What does all this actually mean? Other than I have too much time on my hands, probably nothing. But with approximately 2/3's of my domains indexed, I believe that there is a little more involved than just luck as SeaBass stated. I also can't believe that it is just dumb luck that 90% of my domains parked with Sedo are indexed on Google. I don't know.

Just my $0.02

Alan

Very very interesting "research" Alan...I should do the same as soon as I get a little free time.

•••
ebatcave said:
Hey Jim, is that because you use meta tags or simply add custom text or what? Thanks, John

John,

I don't do any of that. I don't know if it had to do with my domain name;
MoviesDownload.com matched the keyword "Movies Download" that got me in for a couple of days. However, after it dissappeared after 3 days it never came back and that was about 1 year ago. Too bad because those 5,000 uniques a day were nice while it lasted:)

Thanks, Jim

•••
discovernow said:
Alan,

Great research. Maybe with Sedo using a Google Feed has something to do with getting indexed with Google.
Jim, that also crossed my mind, but if I am not mistaken Fabulous also uses a Google feed, and their percentage of indexed domains was lower.

SDX said:
Very very interesting "research" Alan...I should do the same as soon as I get a little free time.
Thanks Peter, but as I said, I must have too much time on my hands, or be a very lonely person. Why else would someone spend a weekend doing this? :laugh:

•••
ooo

Last edited:
•••
Well, in the parked "edit" page, it says that if you don't fill the meta tags, it will do so automatically. Well, does the "automatic" meta tag entering done by parked help as much as putting them in yourself? because none of my names have them(a bit of laziness i guess), and i would think the automatic stuff should help, if the meta tag helps at all. I;d like to know you guys take on that. thanks

•••
are stats slow in updating today?

•••
It's not really getting them indexed that's the problem. It's getting them indexed and STAYING indexed that seems the problem.

You can register a good category killer, park it at parked and get natural traffic for a few days. Look at google and see it #1 position and then after a few days it's gone and no more traffic.

•••
oo

Last edited:
•••
•••
Parked.com's offer submit form is getting hit by spammer again :(

==============
Comment:
Search Engine Optimization

Dear Website Owner,

Our company is on the first page when you search on Google for our primary search term "SEO Company." We would like to do the same for your web site so you can come up for your main keywords as well?

Please reply and I would be happy to send you a proposal.

•••
Tony - Yeah, what's up?

copper - I'll see what I can do

Donny

•••
Those SEO clowns have been driving us nuts. They actually have some who sumbits them by hand.

They are blocked again for now.

Donny

•••
I hear from many forum that parked.com is the best parking co

So I try to signup with put some domains I have

But after 3 times applied with different domains, I always rejected

For senior member or official member parked here, could you give me advice ? plz ...

•••
Since my score tanked my RPC did tank as well. It hurts in more ways than 1 seeing the #'s this way. :'( :'( :'(

•••
oo

Last edited:
•••
Yes, things are not always as dire as people play it up to be ;)

•••
Anyone else getting a parked maintenance page?

It looks like it's back now..

•••
New Video Interview with Donny

Donny was squinting a little in this video, because he was facing the sunny side of the cabana. That's my fault. There is a lot of information about Parked's future plans in this 15 minute video.

You can view it here embedded , or at
Yahoo, DailyMotion, Blip.tv and Veoh

•••
healingsites said:
Donny was squinting a little in this video, because he was facing the sunny side of the cabana. That's my fault. There is a lot of information about Parked's future plans in this 15 minute video.

You can view it here embedded , or at
Yahoo, DailyMotion, Blip.tv and Veoh

Great interview! Thanks for sharing and new templates will be awesome!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back