Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DnPresident said:
expand your mind and watch the domain names melt into other dimensions. :lol:

Are you "expanding your mind" in that new pic of yours Dave? ;)

•••
woow..I had a user with 10 clicks :D

•••
•••
Since when Google de-index domains using Parked.com?

I just checked and many of my Parked domains are not indexed in Google now!

•••
•••
oo

Last edited:
•••
Seabass said:
I noticed this and said something about it in this thread back in Oct. or Nov. I think.

I watch the G and Y referrals closely and I use to be at about 12% to 14% Google referrals.....then all of a sudden it went to about 1%. I seem to get reindexed on some domains and then a G bot of some sort comes around and deindexes those domains again. I say this b/c I see the G referral go from 1% to 4% or 5% and then get slapped back to 1% or less again.

Also, of note, it seems Yahoo did this too around the same period (G and Y collaborating by sharing info. or techniques for parked page removal?), however I seem to still stay around the 2% to 3% referral from Yahoo..

I don't buy expired traffic domains so I suspect that my stats are pretty accurate at gauging the fluctuations.

Unfortunately, you're correct...as usual! ;)

•••
I do think that this will soon change, though...I know Donny and Parked will not let so much traffic just "wilt" away...

•••
[oo

Last edited:
•••
•••
Seabass said:
I'm not sure how much can be done Peter. Don't you think short of all-out development by Parked, which would be very hard to nearly impossible, that sites will still be flagged and nixed? I'm sure some things can be done to improve earnings, but won't Parked keep needing to jump through new hoops to change the game again with Y or G, and maybe MSN ?

Either way, I have always tried to make sure I am not dependent on G or Y for traffic, through back links, or by whatever means. Depending on them for $$$ is a different story. :)

I do think a little bit of automated-content (css, etc.) could help Parked pages with being indexed.
There really only is G or Y as far as parking revenue ;)

•••
Seabass said:
I noticed this and said something about it in this thread back in Oct. or Nov. I think.

I watch the G and Y referrals closely and I use to be at about 12% to 14% Google referrals.....then all of a sudden it went to about 1%. I seem to get reindexed on some domains and then a G bot of some sort comes around and deindexes those domains again. I say this b/c I see the G referral go from 1% to 4% or 5% and then get slapped back to 1% or less again.

Also, of note, it seems Yahoo did this too around the same period (G and Y collaborating by sharing info. or techniques for parked page removal?), however I seem to still stay around the 2% to 3% referral from Yahoo..

I don't buy expired traffic domains so I suspect that my stats are pretty accurate at gauging the fluctuations.

Agreed, Seabass.

Most of my sites have now been de-indexed from G & Y, as well.

Wouldn't it behoove Yahoo to be more "search engine friendly" to well-developed Parked.com sites?

•••
SDX said:
I do think a little bit of automated-content (css, etc.) could help Parked pages with being indexed.
There really only is G or Y as far as parking revenue ;)

Most of my names are at Godaddy and No guarantees but to get google crawled I've been noticing just to renew a name usually does the job. I usually get crawled within 5 days.

SDX said:
Are you "expanding your mind" in that new pic of yours Dave? ;)

My mind is always expanded but I do have some pretty serious work to do to hit th TR goal for february.

Dave

Last edited:
•••
edited

Last edited:
•••
•••
edited

Last edited:
•••
Awesome! NamePros is back online! :tu:

•••
Donny:

I have a site, when accessed on the net, displays keywords and search terms that are completely different than those that are showing in the domain detail on Parked. We are not talking slight targeting differences, but from non-adult keywords in the control panel to all adult keywords on the website. I have PM'ed you the details. Any insight or assistance is appreciated.

•••
Good luck with your Superbowl domains guys! :tu:
And Australian Open also! ;)

•••
Alan,
Inside the control panel/Dashboard area, we do not check with our providers to see what they say a domain should be. So we show what "should" show on the domain if everything works out correctly. So if you have a domain that is not an adult domain, but one of our providers thinks it is, then that could be the reason you are seeing adult ads on the real page, but not on the edit page. Submit the domain to your account manager, and they can get the domain to the provider that has the domain flagged as the wrong type.

Donny

•••
SDX said:
Good luck with your Superbowl domains guys! :tu:
And Australian Open also! ;)
hi SDX i just send you PM, please review and approve my application.
thanks

•••
ewwink said:
hi SDX i just send you PM, please review and approve my application.
thanks
SDX can not approve your application.
SDX is not a employee of the Parked.com

Send PM to Donny.

•••
copper said:
SDX can not approve your application.
SDX is not a employee of the Parked.com

Send PM to Donny.
oops sorry, ok PMed you donny and thanks copper

•••
what is your click percentage out of your amount of traffic at parked.com?
If our traffic is a few for example 1000 unique in a month that can it be resulted in lost our account? Does parked manager help us to insert our domains into search engine or must we submit our domains to search engines like yahoo or google ? if you search a keyword where is your domain ranked at Google or Yahoo? in first page or long pages after ?

•••
oo

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back