NameSilo

HELP!! Registerfly has taken my domains as hostages!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am a Registerfly client. (user: lbeltran). I have 8 domains registered by them.

When tried to register two domains with RegisterFly in an urgent way, the received a failure message via mail, where I was informed that the registration had not been possible and that I should try again.

I followed suit and I received a second failure message.

The third time I tried unsuccessfully to register my domains, I eventually had to resort to another Registrar (godaddy.com), where I could finally register successfully (and fast)

I forgot the issue until my credit card statement arrived. :(

In the statement there were the three charges for the same domains I was never able to register with RegisterFly that amounted to $60, which is quite a sum here in Argentina, above all to be paid for something that does not exist.

I must admit I acted on impulse, as the first reaction was not to pay for a service I had not been given. So I called my credit card co. to cancel those charges. (chargeback). I gullibly thought that those payments were due to some error in RegisterFly system. I even thought I deseved an apology on their part and was waiting for one.

Anyway, I did not give the matter a second thought until I got a message from RegisterFly where I was informed that my accounts had been transferred to a "restricted mode account". When I go to my account I find the following message:

"Your account has been seized due to fraudlent activity on your part. If you feel this is an error then contact us and proove that your names have been removed by mistake. But since a chargeback was performed and is against our terms of service you may have to pay a fee to reinstate your account. The total amount owed is $100"

I e-mailed them (RegisterFly) demanding an explanation and they only replied by saying that the "chargeback" is against their TOS.

I asked them (RegisterFly) to check what service the chargeback was on and they replied: "I'll have to do some research"

Since then I had no more news from them. They stopped answering my mails, even the last one, where I asked them about the payment procedings. RegisterFly just directed my domains to a publicity page. (You can see it in my own site : www.luisbeltran.com)

I am really upset about this. They don't admit their mistake and, what's more, they tried to charge me THREE times for a defective service on their part. Worst still, they keep my domains and my clients' as hostages.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this.

Luis Beltrán
Buenos Aires, Argentina

User RegisterFly: lbeltran

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just bumping to further opinions.

Iam now afraid of registerfly.

•••
I am new to the Forum but my experience with RegisterFly is almost identical to Silencio3k's and I can't remember chat room room rules for expressing astonishment and asking for for similar help! I have been overpaid for 10 domain names, names which I wish to cancel as I am now totally and permanently disabled and soon will be unable to even type on the computer. So, have breached etiquette yet? I am furious at RegisterFly and eager to get my money back. In addition, I am a member of a class action lawsuit as I was victim to of identity theft on PayPal last year and now can not use that as a method of payment, and it was so convenient for me, too!
Anyway, I enjoy the chat room, the information, and the lively discussions,
Elizabeth E. Hand
and prior to developing a debilitating autoimmune disorder
Inspirational Speaker & Author of
Tools for the Nursing Toolbox
Communication Dynamics in Nursing
The Purple Platypus Solution
A Preceptor-Focused Recuitement & Retention Strategy, presented
at the July, 2002 American Nurses Association Convention

•••
Hi Elizabeth, this thread is about a year old. Why didn't you just create a new one with your problem? :blink:

You can contact Paul (Regfly) here at NamePros, he's a representative at RegisterFly and I'm sure he'd be happy to assist you. :)

By the way Welcome to NamePros. :tu:

•••
I saw the May 24 and didn't read 2004 - what a geek I am!

Well, I read as far as the problem and the date of May 24 and not the year of 2004! what a complete geek I am! I am so sorry! I have received an email from Paul V. and I will work with him, thank you and sorry for my misread. thank you.
eliz

I am sooo sorry, I read the problem and the May 24th date and did not read the year of 2004! Paul V has sent me an email and I will seek his assistance. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the redirection.
eliz

•••
NursingCommunication said:
Well, I read as far as the problem and the date of May 24 and not the year of 2004! what a complete geek I am! I am so sorry! I have received an email from Paul V. and I will work with him, thank you and sorry for my misread. thank you.
eliz

I am sooo sorry, I read the problem and the May 24th date and did not read the year of 2004! Paul V has sent me an email and I will seek his assistance. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the redirection.
eliz

That's alright, it's easy to do. I hope you can get everything worked out with Paul and all will be alright. I wish you the very best and again welcome to the community Elizabeth! :tu:

PM sent, check your mailbox. :)

Last edited:
•••
Elizabeth, my name is Kimberly and I just read your post and I just want to let you know that you will be in my prayers. God bless you.

P.S. I just noticed your book "Communication Dynamics in Nursing" has not yet been released. Is there a date set for the release?

Last edited:
•••
And as a side note, RegFly has been good in the past about responding at the "risk" email address. New, large orders tend to trigger that automated protection, but everyone that' posted with an "I'M SO MAD" post ends up getting their problem solved pretty quickly as of recent ;)
The thread's a little dated (RegFly now accred, moving from eNom, although keeping enom reseller, etc.), but glad it brought a new user in :). Welcome :).
-Allan

•••
not a very good advert for registerfly is it?

•••
silencio3k said:
I am a Registerfly client. (user: lbeltran). I have 8 domains registered by them.

When tried to register two domains with RegisterFly in an urgent way, the received a failure message via mail, where I was informed that the registration had not been possible and that I should try again.

I followed suit and I received a second failure message.

The third time I tried unsuccessfully to register my domains, I eventually had to resort to another Registrar (godaddy.com), where I could finally register successfully (and fast)

I forgot the issue until my credit card statement arrived. :(

In the statement there were the three charges for the same domains I was never able to register with RegisterFly that amounted to $60, which is quite a sum here in Argentina, above all to be paid for something that does not exist.

I must admit I acted on impulse, as the first reaction was not to pay for a service I had not been given. So I called my credit card co. to cancel those charges. (chargeback). I gullibly thought that those payments were due to some error in RegisterFly system. I even thought I deseved an apology on their part and was waiting for one.

Anyway, I did not give the matter a second thought until I got a message from RegisterFly where I was informed that my accounts had been transferred to a "restricted mode account". When I go to my account I find the following message:

"Your account has been seized due to fraudlent activity on your part. If you feel this is an error then contact us and proove that your names have been removed by mistake. But since a chargeback was performed and is against our terms of service you may have to pay a fee to reinstate your account. The total amount owed is $100"

I e-mailed them (RegisterFly) demanding an explanation and they only replied by saying that the "chargeback" is against their TOS.

I asked them (RegisterFly) to check what service the chargeback was on and they replied: "I'll have to do some research"

Since then I had no more news from them. They stopped answering my mails, even the last one, where I asked them about the payment procedings. RegisterFly just directed my domains to a publicity page. (You can see it in my own site : www.luisbeltran.com)

I am really upset about this. They don't admit their mistake and, what's more, they tried to charge me THREE times for a defective service on their part. Worst still, they keep my domains and my clients' as hostages.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this.

Luis Beltrán
Buenos Aires, Argentina

User RegisterFly: lbeltran

I had a very very similar situation with them. I have to admit, you should not have dipsuted the charges before giving them a chance to correct it. In that respect your situation is not like mine. However, the outcome is the same. You lost your domains due to a chargeback you initiated for bogus charges to your card from RF.

You can read what happened to me in my RgisterFly review found here...
http://namepros.com/showpost.php?p=553260

I lost some domains to them as well because of this.

If RegisterFly keeps this up they will soon lose their merchant account and will have a hard time getiing another one at a reasonable rate if they can get one at all.

I suggest you post your review of them as well.

Good luck and I do hope that next time you do not do a chargeback before you try to resolve the charges with the merchant first. However, from my experience with RF, you'd probably have ended up doing a chargeback anyway.

HEADS UP....

You can kiss all the domains you bought from them goodbye. Given that, here's how you can really stick it to RF. For tangible products you have 60 days to dispute the charge. HOWEVER, for things like domain names where you are basically renting for a year, you have 6 months to dispute the charges. You should dipsute the charges for ALL domains registered in the past with RF. You will get your money back for your domains purchased within the last 6 months. The kicker here is that RF will be charged a hefty chargeback fee for EACH of your chargebacks which will also effect them negatively. Every chargeback they encounter takes them one step closer to losing their merchant account.

After they stole my domains from me, I did this and ended up costing them a lot of money in chargeback fees. If their gonna take your domains from you, you might as well make them pay for it. :|

Registerfly thinks they have a solution for folks that initiate charebacks but they will soon find out that their "solution" is gonna backfire in a big way and may cost them their business soon down the road.

Last edited:
•••
Remember that registrars treat chargebacks as fraud. So if someone who has
an account with that registrar does a chargeback for one reason or another,
expect his/her domain account/s to be suspended because of that.

I'm not saying the registrar's wrong in suspending the account if the CB was
for something not connected to the account itself. But the name of the cc
holder, coupled with that cc holder having an account with the registrar, is
enough to sound off the alarm.

I'll give an example:

1. Domain owner has an account with 5 domains with the registrar.

2. Domain owner purchases a new domain and creates another account with
the same registrar. So the domain owner now has 2 accounts.

3. Domain owner totally forgot the domain name and gets his/her credit card
statement a few weeks after showing the charge. The domain owner, out of
impulse, calls his/her back and requests a chargeback.

4. After the chargeback was processed, the domain registrar investigates it
and finds the name of the card matches that of a user who has an account.
Because registrars treat chargebacks as fraud, they think that account holder
is a fraudster and thus suspends the account.

Of course, it's not absolute, and there are exceptions. But what I just outlined
above should give you an idea as to why they do such, even though it's not
really warranted.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back