Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good one Ben. I love the logo! Please see the site in IE 8.0... I think there might be something wrong with the menu part (its fine in Firefox)!

Now only if you still had Scuba.pro to go with it. :D :p

•••
•••
.Pro pretty slow in Jan. Anyone seen anything going on to report?

•••
•••
.Pro pretty slow in Jan. Anyone seen anything going on to report?

Pile.pro just sold $300.

I have raised the bar on soil.pro to $1000 asking.

andy

•••
•••
•••
Total .pros registered in October 2010 rose by 2% from 50,128 to 51,114. There were some interesting trends within the overall 2% rise. Registrars I classify as Other in my registrar pie charts rose by 17.3% in the month whereas established .pro registrars like Encirca, Network Solutions, Gandi, DomainPeople, and OVH fell by 0.8%. Within that group OVH is the only one making any progress with .pros registered up 5.6% in October. Encirca .pros have fallen for 4 months in a row. I am not convinced charging 50% more to renew a .pro than to register it is a logical pricing strategy if a large % of your customers are domainers. Psychologically and economically, it makes dropping easier. Within the Other category the fastest growing .pro registrar is the Russian registrar RU Center. They have .pro listed as newly available and .pros registered have increased from 0 to 1,698 in 2 months. As far as I know Pro means about or you in Russian. Can anybody confirm that? Do Russian speakers recognise a Pro as an expert?

•••
Help!!

I need a dot pro name for a Pro portfolio site, and I would love some suggestions. I have been planning on using Gott.Pro. Actually I don't know how important the name is for a portfolio site as long as it sounds nice.

I'm trying to find out if it's legal for me to offer an incentive, like a free pro, to go to the person whose suggestion I end up using. Does anyone know if that's legal???

Tin Queue

Charles

8^X

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Total .pros registered in October 2010 rose by 2% from 50,128 to 51,114. There were some interesting trends within the overall 2% rise. Registrars I classify as Other in my registrar pie charts rose by 17.3% in the month whereas established .pro registrars like Encirca, Network Solutions, Gandi, DomainPeople, and OVH fell by 0.8%. Within that group OVH is the only one making any progress with .pros registered up 5.6% in October. Encirca .pros have fallen for 4 months in a row. I am not convinced charging 50% more to renew a .pro than to register it is a logical pricing strategy if a large % of your customers are domainers. Psychologically and economically, it makes dropping easier. Within the Other category the fastest growing .pro registrar is the Russian registrar RU Center. They have .pro listed as newly available and .pros registered have increased from 0 to 1,698 in 2 months. As far as I know Pro means about or you in Russian. Can anybody confirm that? Do Russian speakers recognise a Pro as an expert?

Andrew. Many thanks for your dedication to the Pro extension and the hard work :talk: that goes along with it. The cohesiveness that you provide is an invaluable asset and I / We very much appreciate it !!!

Pros :kickass:

Thank You !!!

8^X

•••
I sold Taxi.pro for $7,500 to a Moscow taxi company. I reported it to RJ at DNJournal.

•••
•••
Congrats Andrew, what happens when you have top generics, good sale.

Think they got a bargain tbh, the numbers are off the charts.

Another day, another .pro in use, always a good thing. :tu:

•••
Congrats Andrew.

Anyone know how much the last 3 letter auction .pros went for?

•••
I sold Taxi.pro for $7,500 to a Moscow taxi company. I reported it to RJ at DNJournal.

Did you ask them what .pro means in Russian? I haven't had a chance to ask my friend who speaks russian yet. Great news!

Also, I fired an email to registry.pro advisory board as they are meeting soon. I want to push the issue on restriction requirements. Here's a copy of what I sent:

I'm interested in knowing if the .pro registry board is looking at removing the professional restrictions in the future. I hear ICANN is set to introduce an unlimited number of extensions onto the market and worry this will hurt the .pro, (also .travel and .biz names too)

Many domain people that I speak with online at forums such as namepros.com, domainstate, ect.. say that the restrictions are the reason not to buy .pro as they feel it inhibits growth.

I would think that if ICANN will now allow unlimited extensions and with extensions competing directly with .com such as .co for example there would be more opportunity to have them removed to order to establish a more level playing field among all the extensions out there.

I've always thought .pro was a great extension and restriction removal would really unleash significant growth in the extension going forward.

I'd appreciate any insight you could provide regarding this.

I encourage others to do the same by emailing:

[email protected]

Who knows they might listen?

•••
Nice Andrew !!! One of these days you'll have to show me how to do that. :$::$::$: :talk:

8^X

•••
•••

congrats and thank you.

I own a similar keyword in another TLD and have received numerous offers from european companies... especially russia & germany. Though I acquired my name for development, I have entertained offers and refused to sell cheap. Taxi.pro is a great name and the sale will be a great "comp" for me to use to support my views.

I also own several .pro domains and am very happy to see life in the aftermarket. I have been mixed about renewing my whole .pro portfolio, but am tempted to hold on for 1 more year, especially with $10 regs/renewals.

once again, congrats.

•••
•••
•••
Nice keyword and sale, especially selling it to a Russian company is interesting.
These days I also see extension is getting more public awareness in my country, Turkey, too. Two years ago, the sitiuation was as bad as people was asking you questions like: are there a .pro extension? which country it is? Now, most know the extension and it is a step.

•••
Good to hear awareness is raising..and globally which is excellent. What to people think of the restrictions in Turkey. Many feel that is a real drawback to buying a .pro domain.

•••
Did .pro ever catch on?

I don't recall ever seeing one used in an ad.

•••
Restrictions have pros and cons. .pro is probably the most safest and cleanest extension because of restrictions. No illegal sites, no spammers, no virus containers, etc. That's a big plus these days.

Also now eligibility is not a hard thing to pass. But, the problem and disadvantage is there should be an easier mechanism to do that. That mechanism should be a multi-lingual mechanism. Not, a email connection, scanning and sending documents. But a multi-language web application for uploading and submitting your certification.
For example, if I am taxi driver with a valid license in Nigeria, without knowing English, I should easily certify myself. If I don't, I wouldn't be a potential buyer for nigeriataxi.pro, I would be probably buying the ugly yetAnotherNigeriaTaxi2011.com.

The problem in Turkey (also in many other countries), there isn't many people know to read and understand in English. So, they prefer to stay away.

•••
I spoke to a Russian speaker today. She told me Pro means the same in Russian as it does in English, i.e. an expert at something.

•••
can someone post more details on the restrictions of registering a .pro domain?>

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back