IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,
I tried searching around, I need some help on verifying a geo .pro domain,
How strict is the verification process?

thanks

•••
not very. A business license # will do it. You just need to register to setup your account. Once that is done you are free to get as many domains as you want.

•••
not very. A business license # will do it. You just need to register to setup your account. Once that is done you are free to get as many domains as you want.

I just ran across that in the Knowledge Base section of Encirca. It first appears that they want a lot of information. But the final line is ...

"Note: a business license is acceptable to self-certify a .pro domain name."
You can probably go to any City Hall and apply for a business license, some are called privilege licenses, and probably a dozen other names. They simply give you permission to do what you are now doing within their jurisdiction.

8^X

•••
Chaz are your domains in auction. Tryed the link yesterday did not taken me
To them.

Namejet are having there second three letter .pro
Auction.
http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Promos/Promo_dotPRO_1.aspx

This time
The"low" reserves will be announced at the start of the auction..
Includes names such as
Map
DVD
Bug
Ink
SOS
NYC

•••
I'd rate them as:
#1 NYC
#2 CAR
#3 INK

•••
1. car.pro
2. ink.pro
2. map.pro
4. dvd.pro

Thats my call. not giving price guesses this time round but names have improved. A few good sales would certainly be nice, but my expecations are low. Kind of feel the best piece of news we could get would be something about registration requirements being removed.

•••
Looks like most of the bids are going towards Run so far.

•••
Looks like most of the bids are going towards Run so far.

Not sure that I understand that. I would think that Run would be in the middle of the pack.

8^X

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Did you notice this above and on the left of the names?

"Displaying 1 - 25 of 10 domains"

-------------------------------------------

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I have to go with:

1) DVD
2) INK
3) MAP

8^X

Last edited:
•••
Big Jelly,

Why do you think Run.pro should be in the middle of the pack?

•••
Big Jelly,

Why do you think Run.pro should be in the middle of the pack?

Well, the competition in athletic shoes is white hot. The number of athletic shoes on ebay has grown ten-fold since 2004. Ten-fold is a guess, l'd have to go look at their numbers to give you a more accurate answer.

So ... you can see that I'm looking at it purely as a product. Am I over looking something obvious? I tend to do that. :)

8^X

I had to check ebay and I wasn't too far off. Listings for Athletic Shoes used to range from 22,000 to 35,000 depending on the season. The current number of listings is 250,000. Unreal.

Last edited:
•••
Is a DBA filing enough to qualify you for a .PRO name?

•••
New registration

The name reverse mortgage dot pro was apparently just registered. Some due diligence shows a very large financial institution behind this.

I think this could be a very big deal...we shall see

•••
must be the same as reverse.pro
Cool TV spots

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
must be the same as reverse.pro
Cool TV spots

actually my due diligence was hasty and I made an error...

thanks for pointing the reverse dot pro site out

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Is a DBA filing enough to qualify you for a .PRO name?

Is that Doing Business As ...

Use the (a) number associated with the DBA filing and list a website associated with your business.

8^X

•••
Thanks for the help!

•••
Launched my first fully developed .pro in a while. Link in my sig, feedback welcome!

•••
•••
Aww thanks, best feedback ever!

I actually got the domain for a steal from Sky, but I'm still kicking myself for selling some of my better keywords like Scuba and Bass.

•••
Actually I posted that before I went to look at the site, but I spent a few minutes on the Home Page and I like everything about it. I know that's not going to help but you have the same tastes in color and layout as I do. It looks great !!! More later .....

Charles

8^X

•••
Great looking site....Great Domain! You hit a chord with me as I love sailing. nice job.

•••
Launched my first fully developed .pro in a while. Link in my sig, feedback welcome!

Love the sail.pro site - looks terrific!

•••
Sail.pro is a very nice site, love the layout and colors.

Well done Ben42

:tu:

•••

Very nice clean site!
Did u dev this yourself?

•••
I did not dev it all myself, if you want more info on my designer let me know.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back