Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, these .PRO are really hot these days, I never thought that you guys will get such a big interests in it. Therefore, I will consider registered some .PRO domain names, what do you think about:

goodfood.pro
facelists.pro
seekgirlfriend.pro

•••
Yes, these .PRO are really hot these days
Are they? I don't see it.

And with those keywords you're going to have a really long wait for any sales, do note most of the $1k sales are for single word, high search domains.

Anyone know what the results for the namejet .pro part 2 auction were?

•••
Are they? I don't see it.

And with those keywords you're going to have a really long wait for any sales, do note most of the $1k sales are for single word, high search domains.

Anyone know what the results for the namejet .pro part 2 auction were?

My wallet sees it. I'm sorry you didn't have the foresight to buy in. Never ceases to amaze me how the non-Pro domainers seem to know more about Pro than we do.

And your point in trying to discourage a new buyer is exactly what?

:$:

•••
My wallet sees it.
Does it? Have you recovered your investment in .pro? Can you share some of your 'big' sales?

I'm sorry you didn't have the foresight to buy in.
I did have the foresight to buy .IN :p

Never ceases to amaze me how the non-Pro domainers seem to know more about Pro than we do.

Lmao, yeah, what would a noob like me know about .pro domains?

And your point in trying to discourage a new buyer is exactly what?

It's to discourage them from wasting their cash on also ran keywords which would be tough to sell in .com and virtually impossible to sell in .pro, but then everyone is entitled to waste their cash.

I think I'm going to start using my ignore list again, had deleted it, but about time to add a few people to it.

•••
I thought AK Campbell & MJS were possibly the only persons making money out of .pro but now the counter seems to have increased to three.

•••
.... what do you think about:

goodfood.pro
facelists.pro
seekgirlfriend.pro

Pass on all of them.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Does it? Have you recovered your investment in .pro? Can you share some of your 'big' sales?

I've made about 10k from four .pro domains in the last year, I didn't have any of them for more then a few months.

Popular, one or two word domains can be purchased at a decent price but it's definetly a narrow gtld. I try to stick to keywords where every other gtld and most cctlds are taken.

•••

I did have the foresight to buy .IN :p

Lmao, yeah, what would a noob like me know about .pro domains?

It's to discourage them from wasting their cash on also ran keywords which would be tough to sell in .com and virtually impossible to sell in .pro, but then everyone is entitled to waste their cash.

I think I'm going to start using my ignore list again, had deleted it, but about time to add a few people to it.

Your "LMAO" and your Smiley response is very professional.

If you can't take what you dish out then by all means Ignore. Is that how you typically deal with people who don't agree with you?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Pass on all of them.
My point exactly.

I've made about 10k from four .pro domains in the last year, I didn't have any of them for more then a few months.
That's great to know, shows there is potential, but you're obviously tapping into a source / sales strategy that most of us face problems with in this tld. If you'd care to share some information, it would be appreciated.

Have these sales been reported?

I try to stick to keywords where every other gtld and most cctlds are taken.
Buying great keywords at reseller prices is the easy bit in .pro ;) it's the selling bit I've not had much luck with, but with the keywords I do hold and the small size of my .pro portfolio, I'm not worried at all long term.

Last edited:
•••
Have these sales been reported?

Vision.pro was the lastest. The others where between 1.5k and 2.5k.

Of the domains you listed, I like livepoker, minisites, herbal, paintball, television and to a lesser extent lamp ( linux apache mysql php ). What do you want for it? :)

•••
Good to hear about these sales.
Mr-X are these sales through you contacting end users/potential endusers? Or out of the blue?
I'm also on a profit on my .pro's the few that I have.

Last edited:
•••
•••
These are available to hand reg if anyone's interested.

- zits.pro
- yeti.pro
- whip.pro
- wrap.pro
- identification.pro

8^X

Last edited:
•••
Of the domains you listed, I like livepoker, minisites, herbal, paintball, television and to a lesser extent lamp ( linux apache mysql php ). What do you want for it? :)

Thanks, my favourites in descending order - Gift, Herbal, Ship, Television, Paintball, Indian - All not for sale.

The rest, I'd consider selling, as for what I want for them, that's easy, 10% of the .com - what I think they're worth.

Might not happen anytime soon, but then like I said, not in a hurry at all.

Last edited:
•••
:talk:

8^X

Last edited:
•••
You should consider the real possibility that it may not happen at all.
True, or it could surprise us all and go way above the 10% I'm asking. ;) If someone really develops a generic properly for its industry, there isn't much difference right of the dot. Brand value does take a hit, .com is understood, .pro has to be explained.

I think established extensions, specially older gTLDs will have an advantage when there are 100 new sTLDs in the market.

But I'm not banking on it, my portfolio is well diversified w/ a decided leaning towards .in, which I believe will fetch me the highest ROI over the next decade.

Plus if I ever do get down to seriously developing any/all of these, the keywords will be irreplaceable in any gTLD I'm sure.

I could be wrong. Cheers and best of luck.

I could be wrong too, but am willing to risk $500 or so a year to keep my options open. The upside is just too high not to.

•••
I only have one .pro that will never let it drop until someone comes to knock my door to spend thousand on:
FlightSimulator.pro :lala:

•••
I thought AK Campbell & MJS were possibly the only persons making money out of .pro .
not only!)
I sold 10+ dot-pro dmains and all x,xxx GBP
Only one: Macs.pro for xxx$

•••
not only!)
I sold 10+ dot-pro dmains and all x,xxx GBP
Only one: Macs.pro for xxx$

How do you make money from it?
1. Parked and wait for end users make an offer.
2. Parked with fixed price
3. Auctionned
4. Contact end users to make an offer or with a fixed price.

•••
•••
I think 10% of .com is more than reasonable. Let me see, trailer.pro for example..valuate.com appraises trailer.com at $5,180,000 X .1 = $518,000 listing price in a .pro.

Any takers? Get it now while its cheap. :)

If not, here are some cheaper values:

organize.pro 336,000 x .10 = 33,600.
biking.pro 256,000 x .10 = 25,600.

•••
I'll go flat rate. 100 Pros. $1000 each.

I forgot ... I did sell [Expletive Deleted].pro a few days ago. Just glad to get my money back.

Now who's old enough to know how [Expletive Deleted] was made a household expression?

:santa:

Last edited:
•••
Hello all,

Any news about the .pro 2 letters auctions ?

•••

HEXONET Informer #2 2011

The Registry Bulletin
2011-02-22

.PRO Surpassed 100,000 Domains - For Professionals

February 3rd, 2011, the .PRO Registry announced that it had surpassed 100,000 registered domains. Doctors, lawyers, and other professionals are using .PRO domains to offer their clients a secure and trusted way of providing and communicating important information.

Professionals can now register second-level names directly like smith.PRO. Additionally, the easily identifiable and brandable third-level .PRO names are still available - .law.PRO, .jur.PRO, .bar.PRO, .med.PRO, .cpa.PRO, .aca.PRO or .eng.PRO.

HEXONET would like to congratulate the .PRO registry for surpassing this important milestone!

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back