IT.COM

domains Zoom, Xoom, Züm: Why does every startup sound fast now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, in the world of several "next big things", things move fast

•••
Excellent Article.

Thanks for sharing!

•••
•••
That reminds me how I almost registered zoomr.com back in 2005 or 2006 (the very beginning of my domaining days) but had a change of heart. Some time later I thought it was a pretty cool name after all, but it was already gone. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Zoom Zum Xoom all have one syllable and they're easy to remember. They're also a very action word.

People like those things... fun, short, exciting, and catchy.

•••
There isn't enough "fast" words to go around for all these fast growth companies :) Especially if you have to resort to using words like Züm (not typable easily on an english keyboard) :) Notwithstanding. I like the trend. Even SpeedyDomains.com has been registered since 1999. So I guess it's not exactly a new trend :)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing the article, @equity78
I think the right kind of name implying speed, efficiency or haste can work well, in certain sectors.
Bob

•••
Thanks for sharing the article, @equity78
I think the right kind of name implying speed, efficiency or haste can work well, in certain sectors.
Bob

Agree Bob, I think tech especially plays out well.

•••
•••
•••
•••
nice article, thanks for sharing.

•••
•••
Yeah. SpeedyGonzales.Tech sounds great. Just joshing with you :)

Better for a tech company than a male enhancement/performance brand.

•••
Only "Zoom, Zoom" and I was never a Mazda guy ;)

•••
Couple of telling quotes in the article....

"He chose the name in 2012 because “zoom” sounded aspirational, and if he added “forth” to it, the domain was available for $13."

"Zoomforth has been confused for Zoom, the videoconferencing service, somewhere between 100 and 1,000 time"

The above says it all really........

•••
•••
Excellent Article!
Very informative and entertaining.
Thanks for sharing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back