Dynadot

Zombie Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lucky_Ducky

Established Member
Impact
I am a bit stuck on where to go from here.

I have been waiting for my IRL last name .com to expire so I could register it. Unfortunately it was re-registered again this last year through 2020....So I set out to contact the owner, a person not related to me but with my same last name...This is what I found out.

The register died in February 2012 :( . The website is still in his name with his contact information. His email address and phone number are all also "dead". Further more I can't seem to find an executor of his will / estate....He had no children.

Any idea where to go from here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, contact Icann and submit an invalid whois report for invalid email/phone. If they are confirmed as invalid, Icann will submit a report to the registrar. The registrar will try to contact the domain owner to get them rectified. If the domain owner is dead. They will suspend the domain and should cancel the autorenewal. They might even cancel the domain, but I doubt it. The domain will be free to register in 2020.

Good luck.

•••
In case the domain would get canceled is there a good service to "jump on it" as soon as it drops?

•••
You can submit a backorder at various sites. If it's a common surname, you might have competition. If there are multiple backorders at the same site, you will enter into an auction.

If it's an uncommon name, you'll probably get it. Set up the backorders at the popular backorder sites and forget about it.

Popular backorder services:

NameJet
SnapNames
DropCatch
GoDaddy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back