NameSilo

.mobi ZIM Launches TV Platform for the Internet and Mobile Phones

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
More good news for .mobi:

OTTAWA, Nov. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - ZIM Corporation (OTCBB: ZIMCF - News), a mobile entertainment and Internet TV service provider, today announced it has launched ZIMTV and ZIMTV.mobi, an English based peer-to-peer ("P2P") Internet TV platform for personal computers and mobile phones. ZIMTV is an expansion of ZIM's overall Internet TV strategy which also includes a partnership with PPLive.com, the world's largest P2P Internet TV provider with over fifty million users.

Reat the rest of the article here:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061114/mo457.html?.v=2

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Interesting site.

A few of the videos timed out while buffering. The error said the site was too busy.

Tried to watch "Fast & Furious" & got an out of memory error after a few minutes. My phone runs windows mobile. There is a way to set up pocket IE to save the cache to the removable memory card - but it requires a registry hack which most users will not do.

Makes you wonder about the short term viability of streaming content sites like this one. Cool idea... But how many phones can actually handle it?

•••
compubahn said:
Interesting site.

A few of the videos timed out while buffering. The error said the site was too busy.

Tried to watch "Fast & Furious" & got an out of memory error after a few minutes. My phone runs windows mobile. There is a way to set up pocket IE to save the cache to the removable memory card - but it requires a registry hack which most users will not do.

Makes you wonder about the short term viability of streaming content sites like this one. Cool idea... But how many phones can actually handle it?

i agree it will be interesting to see, but you gotta think they (the manufacturers and providers) will work it out. i think streaming media is one of the most important and may be the biggest aspect of the mobile web - including music videos, movies, video clips, commercials, video confernecing and tv shows

•••
namewaiter said:
i agree it will be interesting to see, but you gotta think they (the manufacturers and providers) will work it out. i think streaming media is one of the most important and may be the biggest aspect of the mobile web - including music videos, movies, video clips, commercials, video confernecing and tv shows

Agreed. If there is money to be made, they will find a way to make streaming content work on many phones.

I even regged mediaphones.mobi to illustrate my belief in the concept. However, I was just a little surprised it doesn't work already given the type of phone (xv6700 pocket pc). I would fully expect my older moto e815 to catch fire if I tried to load that site...

•••
This site was interesting to me.

http://www.oplayo.com/index.php?section=40

Probably cost an arm and a leg, though.

It would also be nice if there was someone like clipsyndicate.com, but strictly for mobile devices.

Last edited:
•••
•••
newton said:
Some interesting demographics released in October http://www.comscore.com/press/release.asp?press=1041

yea, very interesting numbers. the total online us adult population is more than the other countries combined, but what struck me is the low % of us adults accessing the web via a mobile - may explain why so many here are down on .mobi - i do think this number climb quickly as newer networks are rolled out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back