Dynadot

YY.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DefinedHost

Account Suspended
Impact
My company is thinking about buying YY.com for a client. How much should we offer for this domain? It's for sale via private sell ( I found out by emailing [email protected] ). I also have done business with the owner in the past so I may get it to resell on here if nothing else... I've offered $15,000 thus far and he seems interested.

I do not currently own this domain but thinking about purchasing it for a high-end client that could possibly use it. I know the forum rules state I have to own it but it's a legit question as to being on one end of the purchasing spectrum.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I know the forum rules state I have to own it but it's a legit question as to being on one end of the purchasing spectrum.

It's acceptable to post non-owned domain names in this context here in the "Domain Discussions" Forum. No worries. :)

How interested is your client in the domain name ... and how/why did you come to the $15,000 amount for initial offer? I'm curious as to who might utilize "YY", but this is not to say it's not a rare domain name, and certainly one with solid value, IMHO.
I'd have the same curiousity for "QQ", "ZZ" as well, at first blush.
All the best!
B-)

•••
YY.COM is a fair price. We've seen other two letter domains sell around that price range, although I wouldn't be surprized if the current owner sought more for it than that.

•••
Hello Jeff,

My client was initially interested in this domain from the beginning and upon the possibility of having it for sell, they offered to pay up to $***** for the domain alone. I want to save them as much money as possible but that is their limit. I am unsure as for what they will be using it for but I would imagine they have a realistic reason as to have such a large investment into the domain.

I am not much into the domain market but I have sold a few over the last few months. They were mainly excess domains that clients backed out on and upon breaking their contract, we froze the domains to our account. A recent auction on here for COST.NET is an example of the domains we have. We also hold SEVERAL three letter and a few two character domains in our stash. The client breaks a contract, their initial investment is kept as a form of payment recovery.

Last edited:
•••
Bryan - Edit your post ! - Never give the blanket bid out on open forum as It can/will be picked up by google or others (your clients "cat is out of the bag" So to Speak)
:)

Good Luck

•••
Mark,

Like I said ~ I'm not in the field of buying/selling domains much. hehe

I changed it though - thanks! :)

•••
If he accepts that 15k$ offer you are lucky. The price is fair and reasonable. But he may ask for more. Buy it as soonn as possible.

•••
Wow, thats a really nice and rare domain name. Accept what you believe is right, grabbing such a domain name is quite high in terms of luck.

•••
Another good thing to remember...is don't announce available premium domains or for that matter any available domains in an open forum as theres lots of folks out there with more money than you that will slide in there and outbid you in a sec. and like said earlier it will show up on a google page.

Always use a hypothetical...but in this case close the deal fast or you stand a good chance of losing it.

Very nice name..you would be lucky to get it for $15k, hopefully you could double the cost to your client and they still would have done very well.

•••
Cant really comment on this one...Personally I would have gone in at there top budget (unless your on a commision)....

Personally on the domain, I wouldnt want it. I cant see the value...I know it's a 2 letter .com, very very nice...BUT..not worth $15k to me.. *shrugs*

Rgds
Matt

•••
well these do sell higher..
so if you can get it at that price, its worth it.

UJ.com was for sale at $15K and it was gone within an hour.

double letter (YY) is rare and possibly sought after.

•••
indeed.

However...would you buy it for 15k? :)

•••
Originally posted by SY4
indeed.

However...would you buy it for 15k? :)

If I had a fortune 500 company called YippieYo.com I would :)

•••
Its all a matter of many in buying such rare domain names.

•••
•••
•••
Great looking out George.

•••
•••
Bashar, I edited your post to remove the link to another domain name forum, as that goes against our policy (see FAQ).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back