NameSilo

YPN FAQ, Please read!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

Here is some very useful information about the Yahoo! Publisher Network. Here are some questions/answers that I have retrieved. Can a Forum Leader/Staff member please sticky this thread. Also, if any one of these "questions/answers" are inaccurate, misleading, false, etc. Please feel free to delete it :)

When will YPN be available Internationally?

(Update - March 31st is said to be the release date!!) - It could still be false.

- Yahoo! has not set a date for it being available Internationally, and nobody know. It will most likely be open to some other countries, but there policy/TOS may be more strict and it may be difficult to get accepted if you are outside the US. It's pretty hard to get accept now, but then again they are in beta.

Potentially excluded countries:

Burma, Iran, Iraq, Cuba, Libya, Liberia, North Korea, and Syria. I'm sure there will be quite a few more.

Where can I apply for the Yahoo! Publisher Network?

- You can apply by clicking here, or by purchasing a YPN invite.

What is Yahoo! Publisher Network?

- If you are accepted, you place ads on your website and earn revenue from the clicks. They must be qualified clicks though. The ads are related to the content of your website as well. It's like Google Adsense.

Can I place the ads on my other websites too, or will I have to get a seperate account for each of my websites?

- You can place the ads on as many websites as you want, preferably yours.:p

Can I buy a YPN invite?

- Yes you can, at your own risk. It is prohibited according to their TOS .

How long does it take to receive my invite after I apply?

- It does depend, it could take a few days/weeks/months. They are in beta and there is a lot of speculation around other forums that they are not accepting any new applicants, but I doubt it. They still give out very few invites to the ones who apply. Once they open to the public, i'm sure applicants will get accepted left and right if their website isn't against the Program Policies .

When will I receive my check?

- You will receive it between 30-45 days.

Can Google Ads and Yahoo! Ads be place on the same page?

- They cannot be place on the same page at the same time, but yes they can be place on the same page if you have them rotating. If they are seen at once on the
NamePros.Com - Post New Thread same page that is prohibited.

Can I contact YPN by telephone?

- Yes you can, their number is (866) 785-2636, but only call if you want/need to ask a serious question. Don't call just to say "When will YPN be open to public?" "YPN is so awesome, great job Yahoo!", if you have questions please be sure to search forums, Google, Yahoo!, or any search engine of your liking.

Does YPN do the "direct-deposit" payment option?

- Yes they do, and I believe it was introduced May of 2005. This is a great option in my opinion.

I will be adding more to this. :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Is that available for Canada or other countries, already?

Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back