IT.COM

Your IP address has been blocked

NameSilo
Watch
"Your IP address has been blocked from registration. "

whats the meaning of this? reply from evlservers.net when i try to purchase a new domain? any idea?
have always paid on time!
no outstanding debts

help
red

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe they have joined the ranks of GD? Country Blockers!

•••
Originally posted by acts837
Maybe they have joined the ranks of GD? Country Blockers!

Righto, very possible ... didn't you have this same problem a while ago Hippo - with another Registrar? Something about being from Borneo, I don't recall the full context.
B-)

•••
I remember that you also had a similar problem before, Dan. But you're in New Zealand now, right?

•••
•••
yep! i am in freezing NZ now....not in sunny borneo!!

oh no!! their forum says australia and new Zealand are blocked too. to think i was getting to a "better" region!! i need another good registrar!! help:gl:

•••
I thought you were going to say "transfer to another region" :)

•••
Wow, I never knew that registars block IP Address' just like that. I understand why though, they are trying to prevent countries that have a high rate of fraud. Thats probably why. :tu:

•••
is the US of A free from fraud.....my next move might be there or UK hehe

•••
Hmm, thats really strange. They shouldn't be blocking IP Address' from users of the US. Its really odd.

•••
hey raf, your links are not working!!!:tri:

•••
•••
URGENT HELP needed

Originally posted by InteractAsia
they block Australia? :|
thats what someone fromthe ev1servers.net forum complained. you have to check it out for validity yourself!!!!

anyway i received a quick response from
ev1 support asking for my current IP address!
how do i get this IP thingy??? it has slip my mind.
somebody please help quick !!!:gl:

thanks

•••
ipconfig in a dos window

•••
•••
You could always try using a proxy server and see if its your IP that is blocked or its just something with their website/scripts/and etc.

•••
Originally posted by Raf
You could always try using a proxy server and see if its your IP that is blocked or its just something with their website/scripts/and etc.
proxy would be a good idea to try

•••
Yeah it could work, but you never know. It could be something wrong with their site.

•••
Originally posted by csmaster2005
proxy would be a good idea to try

some tips on how to do that?

•••
I had a similiar issue(not with domains) when I went to asia in the summer. I used a proxy and was able to purchase the service no problem

•••
You may be successful by going through a proxy service but...

If it was me and I was blocking IPs for whatever reason I would block IPs from IP ranges known to belong to Proxy services also.

•••
thanks acts837

Originally posted by acts837
ipconfig in a dos window

i did that but the DOS window open for about 1 sec and thendisappeared. how do i locate it again and keep it opened for enough time to write down my IP?:tri:

•••
type in "cmd" first - then hit enter. Then type in ipconfig

or visit www.whatsmyip.info for your ip address and more :)

•••
thanks checknme

BUT more confusion for me!!

Originally posted by checknme
type in "cmd" first - then hit enter. Then type in ipconfig

or visit www.whatsmyip.info for your ip address and more :)

with cmd-ipconfig i get this: 202.0.55.154

with whatsmyip i got this: 203.97.2.243

two IP addresss???:tri: somebody please help explain situation to me

thanks

•••
It appears as though the computer you're using has an internal network card assigned with a public IP address(202.0.55.154) but is routing outbound web traffic through either another local network interface or upstream router assigned to a separate public IP(203.97.2.243). Both IP's were pingable.

The ip address they are asking for would be the one returned to you from whatismyip.

Good Luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back