entertainment Your Favorite Movie Scenes & Quotes

NameSilo
Watch

DANEYAL

Top Member
Impact
Here is one of the quotes that I like most to start the thread,,,,
From "Catch me If you Can"
"Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out."

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello & Good Day,
This one you may take as a weekend movie share, I have watched Sherlock Holmes more than once, and it has always pleased me, the acting, screenplay, cinematography is at its best.
What astonishes me most is the superb background music in both the Sherlock Holmes movies having Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law in the lead cast.
Do let me know if you watch / watched & like the movie :)

•••
All there is, is bullshit.
From 'Hero' 1992 - Dustin Hoffman

You remember when I said how I was gonna explain about life, buddy? Well the thing about life is, it gets weird. People are always talking ya about truth. Everybody always knows what the truth is, like it was toilet paper or somethin', and they got a supply in the closet. But what you learn, as you get older, is there ain't no truth. All there is is bullshit, pardon my vulgarity here. Layers of it. One layer of bullshit on top of another. And what you do in life like when you get older is, you pick the layer of bullshit that you prefer and that's your bullshit, so to speak.

This is one of the sweetest movies I have watched.

•••
There are many things my father taught me here in this room.
He taught me: Keep your friends close but your enemies closer!

The Godfather

•••

Being Scottish, it has to be this.......FREEEEEDOM

20 years on and I still get goose bumps when I watch this

Last edited:
•••
Speaking of freedom
One of my favorites/favourites

•••
Two scenes from Tombstone, Val Kilmer stole the show. 1. I'm your huckleberry. . . his gunfight with Johnny Ringo, and 2. his followup to Johnny Ringo's gun twirling.

•••
"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way."

•••
I thought of this quote when I answered the thread: There are two types of domainers...
Those selling Reasonable and those who are just Dreaming.

•••
11209521_963578493662517_5655241756684244857_n.png

•••
The Namesake
One of the movies, I recommend to story lovers, book readers, thinkers & my friends. Simply Magical Cast, Great artists here.

•••

"The future ain't what it used to be."

... from the most wonderfully weird 'chick flic' I ever saw.

•••
"The future ain't what it used to be."

... from the most wonderfully weird 'chick flic' I ever saw.

D'Onofrio did a great job, and who doesn't love Marisa Tomei?

•••
Yep. The film was, and remains, a hidden gem. Casting, script, direction and performances... woven into a finely threaded music score that simply, and seamlessly, envelopes the viewer. Like this pearl-of-wisdom passage that begins to glow when the piano starts to stroke the scene.

•••
You F***ed up, you trusted us... (NSFW!!!)

Animal House

If you've never seen the original, unedited version, it's classic!

Then there's Airplane!

"Have you ever seen..." (seguing in to Kareem)

AND

"I picked a the wrong week to..."

I'd love to include the great scene from Blazing Saddles where the new sheriff comes to town but I'm afraid it would offend some. It's definitely something that you won't see in a movie made today.

Now for something slightly more serious... (Again - NSFW!!!)

•••
Yep. The film was, and remains, a hidden gem. Casting, script, direction and performances... woven into a finely threaded music score that simply, and seamlessly, envelopes the viewer. Like this pearl-of-wisdom passage that begins to glow when the piano starts to stroke the scene.

Watching this movie, Thanks

•••
•••
"Always Be Closing"

"I am a F@#cking Millionaire!"

"Excuse me While I Whip this Out!"

"12 Inches"

:xf.grin:

•••
The Book Thief - I have watched this movie so many times.

•••
•••
•••
One of my favourite scenes - Al Pacino- oh, what an act - Scent of a woman.

Last edited:
•••
One of my earliest favorites/favourites

•••
Taxi Driver...

And one of my favorite movies "Paint your wagon" where Lee Marvin, helps initiate a farm boy into the joys of sex by handing him over to a French whore with the famous line: "Grace, I give you the boy. Give me back the man."

•••
Looks like all my favorites have been posted already so (i actually own filmquotations . com)

"We gonna need more wax"

Oh, remember one of my favorites hasn't been posted yet, I drink your milkshake....

Another one, my favorite actor, I coulda been a contender

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back