Dynadot

showcase Your domains in French (.com /.fr/.ca/.be/.re/.quebec/...)

NameSilo
Watch

Lachinoiserie

Established Member
Impact
This tread will be exclusivly dedicated to domains in French., whatever the extension.

Feel free to ask for advices about the french language. Je m'a...ppelle Me poo poo ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
My newest which is also my longest... :giggle:

BatteriesRechargeables .com It means rechargeable batterie in ... French of course!

•••
•••
•••
Here is another one to launch the thread:

VoituresAutonomes .com ==> Self-Driving Cars in French! oh la la..

•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
...moving on Sacrebleu! :artist:

Here is another one in French: pates .ca

it is short and it could mean many things = pasta, pastes, doughs, terrines, meat pies (which are very popular in the Quebec province. also called "tourtieres")

•••
I have few and here's what i can remember:

Extincteurs .com
MissMonde .com

•••
Rivaliser.com (compete)

Vous.cc (you)

Joli.cc (pretty)

•••
JeuxDeMaquillage.com (In French, means: Makeup Games)

Aged domain, registered in 2006.

Estibot Appraisal: $18,000
Monthly Searches: 110,000
Cost per Click: $15.26

•••
I have few and here's what i can remember:

Extincteurs .com
MissMonde .com

Fire extinguishers and Miss World, nice (y)

•••
I do own an interesting domain name and I would like to know How much this domain worth ? "Cinesoir.com " registered on 2009.
THANKS.

•••
eeeee.jpeg

I had, and let drop, wifigratuit.ca so if anyone wants to register it do so now.

I have the english equivalent freewifi.ca and originally bought them as a set.

The theory behind the drop was that .ca is a small market, by limiting it to one province it is way too small.

Broke my heart to let it drop but I'm positive there is some money to be made there. I mean everywhere you go you see a sign that says freewifi so it should be the same for quebec.

If anyone picks it up please post back here.

Last edited:
•••
I do own an interesting domain name and I would like to know How much this domain worth ? "Cinesoir.com " registered on 2009.
THANKS.

It sounds nice. And it make sense, you usually watch movies (Ciné, short for cinéma) in the evening (soir).. But this is not a commun combinaison. For me it falls in the brandable category. Also, it used to be piracy website, so not a so clean history... Which could affect its value even more.

So maybe a Grant as this. More with a logo. The capital "C" or 'S' could be shaped as a roll film?

oCXu6804CONDg4RaZ3huf9Im1QW9k0z-YN7rf9t3nNs6sCoi9SKDRTpK8u5ystJ28GF3FA=s170

Last edited:
•••
I have a few French ones but I don't like to post my names on the forum for a few reasons.

Ok this one is available for registration:

Cinematheque.tv

I think it works good with this extension and since I am a Film Buff I put it in my watched list but at the end I didn't reg it.

Is the .tv used in French speaking countries?
Italian names in .tv are very hard to sell...

Last edited:
•••
(duplicate post)

Last edited:
•••
I have a French ones but I don't like to post my names.

This one is available for registration:

Cinematheque.tv

I think it works good with this extension and since I am a Film Buff I put in my watched list.

Is the .tv used in French speaking countries? Someone may know. Italian names in .tv dont sell...

Yes we do use .tv domains. Molotov.tv and France.tv are great examples. Cinemathèque is nice, but maybe too specific?

•••
Show attachment 169612

I had, and let drop, wifigratuit.ca so if anyone wants to register it do so now.

I have the english equivalent freewifi.ca and originally bought them as a set.

I theory behind the drop was that .ca is a small market, by limiting it to one province it is way too small.

Broke my heart to let it drop but I'm positive there is some money to be made there. I mean everywhere you go you see a sign that says freewifi so it should be the same for quebec.

If anyone picks it up please post back here.

In the French .ca market you need exceptionnal domains. I dropped so many great domains as well..

•••
•••
voilafrance (.)com - still waiting for a sale about 2 years later. .. does not work that good :) Although I saw it as a good domain for a travel agency.
Approved at SH

•••
voilafrance (.)com - still waiting for a sale about 2 years later. .. does not work that good :) Although I saw it as a good domain for a travel agency.
Approved at SH

I remember voila.fr was a very popular website in France many years ago. But it does not exist anymore.

•••
Back