IT.COM

information Your biggest mistakes in domaining

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
My biggest mistakes so far :

i invested ( wasted ) to much money ( around 6000,-$ )
in Flippa & Sedo Showcase with nearly no results :xf.confused:

let,s learn from our mistakes and share

big-mistake.jpg

538896.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
about 2-3yrs ago, I let all my 4llll.coms dropped (of course before the hike in llll.com). About 20+ names.

•••
I moved most of my domains out of GD, but lately with all the BS I am experiencing from other registrars I am thinking of going back.

I guess they don't look as bad now as they did compared to other registrars.

Besides, most end users are familiar with them and feel comfortable doing transfers or opening new accounts with them.

This is a big plus.
Me too
But i don,t understand GD

•••
•••
I registered following domains @2$ each domain and wasted my 20$ for registering them , lol it is not a big loss but i learn something from it,
turbb.com- turbo bikes
turbv.com turbo v engines
c0at.com
s1nk.com
0aaa.com

•••
•••
Registered ovargo.com for a side project a couple years back. When it fell through I sold it on flippa for dirt cheap. I've had sellers remorse ever since. It still remains undeveloped(doesn't even resolve) and it just keeps getting renewed every year. I know it's petty, but still...

Last edited:
•••
Trying to sell a domain which didn't belong to the owner and had to cancel the transaction.

•••
•••
•••
accidentally pitching the owner his own domain. not the best of conversations, i must say'

•••
Sold : AppleBitcoin.com but forgot to increase the BIN at Afternic :()

•••
Buying anything that wasn't .com - just my own opinion -

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back