IT.COM

reviews Your biggest FLOPS - Let's talk the other side too.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vickyhunter

Domain SpiderEstablished Member
Impact
There are two sides of a coin. It's amazing to discuss the FLIPS, but there will also be a few FLOPS in our lifetime. This thread is not to discourage - far from it - but to be aware of what kind of domains did not do well over the period of time - and what not to do when selling them - and so on. There is a lesson to be learnt from everything, even from the flops.

So, go ahead. Share your biggest FLOP over the time and add a small comment why that happened and share your advice with the fellow domainers.

Cheers !
- Vicky

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You didn't Order Sushi, right? :xf.wink:

Really great thread just read the stories and this is definitely great to see because we all deal with the flops at one point or another.

For me so far the biggest flop was a missed opportunity. There was a name my partner Omar and I were battling in an auction for, the auction was at $140 and we starting hesitating as to this domain being worth it. We really did want the domain but were not sure if we should continue bidding.

In the end the other person we were going against got it for $143. Forward about 1 month later and we come across the .com name on Flippa sold for $1800.

Can you believe that? So for hesitating we ended up losing out on making what ended up being over 1000% return on investment.

Definitely the biggest flop but also the biggest lesson learned. ;):$:

•••
You didn't Order Sushi, right? :xf.wink:

Hahaha =-D That's right and to top it off I love sushi lol so every time I eat it I tend to remember the experience.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back