Domain Empire

You Make Millions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just curious to ask some of the domainers here. Have anyone of you make or knowing someone who makes thousands or even hundreds of thousands or maybe a million in a year, from domain parking?:O

If you don't mind to share your general strategy, is it mostly Quantity over Quality?

This might give some of us a new perspective on where domain parking industry will be in the next few years.

Thanks to share. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've heard about Rick Latona...he is making hundreds of thousands by selling domains! But parking...I don't think so! I think you should have hundreds of domains generating traffic to make a six figure income!

•••
I think it's the other way around. It's quality over quantity.

•••
Those that make the big money will also be paying big money to registrars to keep on updating their portfolio so none of them drop...it may be that a domain might have an income of $50 a day but I am betting there will be 100 more that will make no money that will suck up all profits.

The trick is to identify those domains that make the money and cut away those that do not.

Not an easy thing to do and still keep in profit.

•••
Making a profit just from parking isn't as easy today as it was a few years ago. Back then many parking pages were fortunate enough to be indexed by search engines and many of us made some decent income from parked domains - then nearly all of them were thrown out of the search indexes and the party was over.

If you don't have domains with targeted type in traffic or domains with good traffic from pre-existing links, you'll find yourself spending way more in renewal fees than you make from parking alone.

Quality is key - keep an eye on costs and earnings. Keep domains that pay for for themselves, decide which of the others are worth keeping for sales potential or projects, ruthlessly dump the losers.

•••
Making a profit just from parking isn't as easy today as it was a few years ago. Back then many parking pages were fortunate enough to be indexed by search engines and many of us made some decent income from parked domains - then nearly all of them were thrown out of the search indexes and the party was over.

If you don't have domains with targeted type in traffic or domains with good traffic from pre-existing links, you'll find yourself spending way more in renewal fees than you make from parking alone.

Quality is key - keep an eye on costs and earnings. Keep domains that pay for for themselves, decide which of the others are worth keeping for sales potential or projects, ruthlessly dump the losers.

Yeah, it is very hard to make good money today from domain parking. That is why so many big domains are now being developed if you notice, although they were idle for years collecting parking revenue; which I'm sure, has been steadily drying up all this while.

•••
I have heard that NameMedia who own BuyDomains.com earns millions per year from parking their domains. But I guess that because they have a lotttttt of domains, including quality ones. At the end, they end up selling many names to keep the profit running... they're good!B-)

Last edited:
•••
I have around 5000 parked names and they make mid $x,xxx per year, less than one developed website. These are quality names, some with good traffic, once I have the focus to develop one it starts to be a money maker. And as usual the best 10% makes almost the same money as the remaining 90% :)

•••
I have around 5000 parked names and they make mid $x,xxx per year, less than one developed website. These are quality names, some with good traffic, once I have the focus to develop one it starts to be a money maker. And as usual the best 10% makes almost the same money as the remaining 90% :)

How could you keep paying the registration fees of 5000 domains when your parking revenues are not enough to cover it? :-/

But your strategy about the developed one that could beat the others is make sense to me :tu:

•••

5000 ?waoh

•••

Most of them parked at? :gl:

•••
I think it's the other way around. It's quality over quantity.

Agreed Stub.

Back in the day, Making a few thousand a month wasn't a complicated task, today, It is almost impossible. Parking was great thing while it lasted.

•••
I make low x,xxx per month. Most of that comes from roughly 20 names - while hundreds make nothing.

•••
I have always made more from domain sales then from domain parking. I rarely get asked for parking stats from end users as they just like the name and buy it. Domainers are interested in stats, end users not so much as some of my best sales made little to no parking revenue.

•••
I make low x,xxx per month. Most of that comes from roughly 20 names - while hundreds make nothing.

You are one of the few, Keep doing what ever it is you are doing.

The PPC has gotten so minimal it is a cluster of the parking companies making boo coos of cash, The domainer getting a 10% cut.

The days of 60 to 80% share are squashed.

•••
yeah.. now for domain parking.. is too hard to make much money.. not like 2 years ago..
but, i hope there is someone that can find a formula to making much money from domain parking.. i am really.. really hope..!!

•••
It's difficult. I have a few parked domains and from my experience adsense for domain work best these days.

•••
You are one of the few, Keep doing what ever it is you are doing.

No secret. I actively look for and buy domains that have verifiable traffic and revenue stats and buy expired sites in drop auctions. It takes money to make money.

If you are hoping to hand-reg domains and make money through parking, I don't think you will have much luck.

•••
No secret. I actively look for and buy domains that have verifiable traffic and revenue stats and buy expired sites in drop auctions. It takes money to make money.

If you are hoping to hand-reg domains and make money through parking, I don't think you will have much luck.

It definitely takes money to make money. A lot of things now on the internet take a lot of money. Forget those rags to riches fairy tales...5 years ago...maybe. But not today.

So, have you made back your investment (the $$$ you spent on buying those domains or sites)?

In my experience, most of the time (not always though), the monthly income usually never lives up to expectations as what was claimed by the seller during selling the domain or website.

Last edited:
•••
In my experience, most of the time (not always though), the monthly income usually never lives up to expectations as what was claimed by the seller during selling the domain or website.

Word!

•••
I have many domains which make nothing, many of which are nevertheless valuable domains eg. lll.com. A very few domains (less than 5% of total) make reasonable income but none more than 10% ROI (based on conservative market value), and mostly around 2-3%. So that makes them only modest investments based on parking alone. However their actual value is much more of interest, and in this case it is important to focus on quality rather than quantity otherwise your renewal fees become a significant cost, and this is an overhead which is difficult to cover with parking income from the few that do pay. However I am wondering if the next 5-10 years will see the same .com growth as the previous - I do not think so - in which case only the surest .coms are worth keeping, regardless of whether you have other income to cover renewals. The market is flooded and URL based resources may well give way to mobile apps ...

PS. The one domain I thoroughly developed makes a profit of 4x the parking from all the others combined! So that domain/website is now worth probably $500k because it has sustainable income, unlike parking. I think you could buy a similar calibre domain for a project like mine for around $2000-$5000.

Last edited:
•••
yes, this keeps me wondering too.. even Rick Latona drives a Bentley and owns a vintage Corvette. While I keep thinking that the right domain names only make pennies in a month that barely covers the annual renewals.

•••
All the fulltime domainers make xx,xxx to xxx,xxx and very few x,xxx,xxx a month.

•••
Just curious to ask some of the domainers here. Have anyone of you make or knowing someone who makes thousands or even hundreds of thousands or maybe a million in a year, from domain parking?:O

If you don't mind to share your general strategy, is it mostly Quantity over Quality?

This might give some of us a new perspective on where domain parking industry will be in the next few years.

Thanks to share. :)

People are not going to give you the golden goose because you ask

•••
All the fulltime domainers make xx,xxx to xxx,xxx and very few x,xxx,xxx a month.

I would be astonished if that were true - maybe a few make mid xx,xxx per month

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back