domains “You do know we are in a pandemic right?”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
So I got an offer on a domain name by email, the domain has a landing page on DAN but they did not go that route. They emailed me, “Interested in purchasing *******.com, give me your best price. Cheers.” So I replied back give me your best price. They got back with a lowball offer […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fun read! From the article:

"They got back that they needed a week to think about it, would I give them that courtesy? I said no problem."

Your are much more patient than I am! An offer on a name came in yesterday and one today...I gave them both 24 hours from the timestamp on my email response to complete their purchase (mainly because they low balled me). Both are in the $2xxx range and I let them know that my pricing was reduced about one third due to the pandemic.

•••
If it was Good Pronounceable 5L then I think $6k was very very low.

You could have pushed them to Financing or Lease if you preferred that option.

Lets see they still asked 1 week right.

•••
I recently leveraged the argument to get a better offer. The price was provided and I suggested they make a strong offer given the economic situation. The pandemic argument was used in a more subtle way, but he moved fast to close.

The true buyers move quickly, the ones that lag or fail to act have a lower closing ratio. The #1 key is to get a commitment and secure payment as quickly as possible.

x8XqZ8U.png

Last edited:
•••
Rooting for you

Samer

Last edited:
•••

I agree, this is a good example when leasing or monthly pay options comes into play. Might get more just on interest also. Good luck!

•••
Thanks for sharing your experience. You are not alone and several responses in the thread I started to see what is the market of late amid the pandemic have commented on similar negotiations. I have a summary about to post as this week's blog post.

Maybe it is just me, but I was personally bothered by people doing this:
"I have seen that same thing from domain investors, I have even had people email me over the last month asking if I know of any desperate domainers?"
I understand the concept of buy when low, it still seems a little predatory to me seeking out people who are desperate. Maybe I am overly sensitive.

I agree with those who say that a monthly payment plan option, or some other spread out financing, seems more appropriate now.

Thanks for the article. Let us know how it turns out. I don't think allowing a week is unreasonable. Hope it turns into another sale for you!

Bob

Last edited:
•••

some 5 letter pronouncables are better than others....without knowing the name who can say if 6k is very very low or not...

•••
I recently leveraged the argument to get a better offer. The price was provided and I suggested they make a strong offer given the economic situation. The pandemic argument was used in a more subtle way, but he moved fast to close.

The true buyers move quickly, the ones that lag or fail to act have a lower closing ratio. The #1 key is to get a commitment and secure payment as quickly as possible.

x8XqZ8U.png

Write an ebook, Dan. :glasses: Please. you can still maintain anonymity. Nice! love the dialogues.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
dont beat round bush just tell them all the truth.. that pandemic isn't only affecting domain buyrs.. but domain selers as well.. and that you have bills to pay as well.

if they cannot understand this, then tell them to invest their money into a new brain instead of a domain.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
"Do you seriously think that you can sell the domain name at that price?"

I said: "It is not just about how much the buyer is willing to pay, but also what price the seller is willing to sell."

•••
Nowadays I get significantly more offers that e.g. two months ago. The problem is that they are mostly pretty low. Nobody mentions the pandemic explicitly, but it's obvious that some people went out hunting for bargains in these times.

•••
I would ignore any comment or plea regarding pandemic other than to possibly offer a payment plan. People always want a cheaper price- pandemic or not. Stay Strong.

•••
i agree
I would ignore any comment or plea regarding pandemic other than to possibly offer a payment plan. People always want a cheaper price- pandemic or not. Stay Strong.

dont lower your standards of business just because of a situation, you mess your discipline up that way.

•••
•••
The domain you are inquiring about is listed here... All further correspondence needs to be documented though the secure marketplace. In order to receive a response use the contact on marketplace listing. All direct contact will result in this exact email and no direct response will be given. Please use link....Made a decent sale doing this.

Last edited:
•••
The domain you are inquiring about is listed here... All further correspondence needs to be documented though the secure marketplace. In order to receive a response use the contact on marketplace listing. All direct contact will result in this exact email and no direct response will be given. Please use link....Made a decent sale doing this.

That's a good strategy.

•••
Yes we know we are in epidemic .. we have to come back from this epidemic together

•••
So I got an offer on a domain name by email, the domain has a landing page on DAN but they did not go that route. They emailed me, “Interested in purchasing *******.com, give me your best price. Cheers.” So I replied back give me your best price. They got back with a lowball offer […]

Continue Reading
Did you hear from them?

•••
•••
No, no other email since the last one saying they needed time to think about the price.
And at this rate, the pandemic will be coming to a close along with your willingness to accept their offer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back