Domain Empire

You Can Check Out But You Can Never Leave @ Moniker?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MicroGuy

Miembro EspecialTop Member
Impact
After the Snapnames fiasco (insider free ((:talk:)) for all) I decided to leave the Oversee 'family' of companies. :ghost:

My problem is I have one last domain stuck over there and no matter which buttons I click, can't seem to get it transfered out.

I have followed their instructions and the domain is unlocked (see below):

http://www.microguy.net/images/locked.png

When I use the "transfer out" tool I get an error message via email that reads:

"NINETYSIX.ORG: This domain can not be transferred out due to domain security lock."

And this screen under status:

http://www.microguy.net/images/status.png

Either I'm having a brain freeze or Moniker is trying to make the transfer out process as difficult as possible. Perhaps a little of both. Lol. )):tri:((

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess you don't need to unlock the domain prior to transfer-out.. The domain will auto-unlock automatically when transferring.

Try to lock the domain and then use the transfer-out function again. Hopefully it will work :)

•••
I guess you don't need to unlock the domain prior to transfer-out.. The domain will auto-unlock automatically when transferring.

Try to lock the domain and then use the transfer-out function again. Hopefully it will work :)

Okay. I will try that now and report the results.

Thank you! :great:

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

UPDATE: <Buzzer> Nope. Same error message sent via email and failure reported on Moniker status page.

Here's the error as reported in the automatic email: NINETYSIX.ORG: This domain can not be transferred out due to domain security lock.

•••
Had that problem with domains I listed for sale on snapnames in the past. Theu lock those names in your moniker account. Send them an email and they will fix it pretty fast.

•••
If that's true, then this is a "known issue" and should have been fixed long ago. Seems a little shady on their part but I'll give emailing them a try. Thanks man.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Update: It was actually a lot worse than I thought. After contacting support, I discovered that the domain was actually 'physically located' in my Godaddy account with a 2013 expiration.

Moniker (who did not have domain control) was sending me weekly renew reminders and the domain was listed in my account there as a 'ghost record'. Total BS. IMO.

•••
Look on the bright-side. At least you're free from Oversee :)

•••
Update: It was actually a lot worse than I thought. After contacting support, I discovered that the domain was actually 'physically located' in my Godaddy account with a 2013 expiration.

Moniker (who did not have domain control) was sending me weekly renew reminders and the domain was listed in my account there as a 'ghost record'. Total BS. IMO.

Wow, after all these years and numerous complaints, Moniker still has serious registry / registrar sync problems. Moniker doesn't know what domains they truly possess.

On a related note, if you have a credit card / PayPal on-file with Moniker, check if they charged you for phantom renewals for that domain and/or others you transferred out. Moniker may owe you money.

Ron

•••
•••
:ghost: lol

Did you transfer it to godaddy in the past and they kept listing it as in your Moniker account?

Lol. Yes Johname. I had long ago transferred the domain to Godaddy (which I forgot doing) and just recently started getting renewal reminders from Moniker.

The domain is also set to autorenew at Moniker and listed in my account there. Also, their system will not allow me to turn off autorenew.

Last edited:
•••
Sounds like time to be contacting support.

•••
Sounds like time to be contacting support.

I did this morning and as of now the domain is no longer showing in my account.

Goodbye Oversee Family!! Yippie!! :kickass:

•••
Moniker's transfer out process is so slow - there is no good excuse for it really the only one worse is maybe Register.com.

•••
I have had great luck with Moniker.

•••
Well it is true that they have never lost one of my names - i like most everything about them except that slow transfer rate. They have some great reps working for them (Like Bari)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back