IT.COM

You are subscribed to this thread Formula to work out predicted clicks a month and

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi folks,

Just trying to get my head around google adwords and working out the average clicks per month and leads.

Say for example if I have:

Keyword One - £4.00CPC to get on pos 1-3 and 800 avg searches a month

Keyword Two - £6.00CPC to get on pos 1-3 and 480 avg searches a month

Keyword Three - £2.00CPC to get on pos 1-3 and 200 avg searches a month

Keyword Four - £1.00CPC to get on pos 1-3 and 620 avg searches a month

How would I then work out the predicted clicks per month for each keyword? Also say if my potential lead rate was 4% how would I then work out the leads per month I would get from the above keywords?

Many thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You need to know the CTR (click through rate) of your ad(s) to predict that. It will vary for different ad/keyword combinations.

•••
Is there know way of just working out the predicted clicks a month on average?

•••
There is no "average". It's a combination of the ad position, the ad copy, and the intent of the person typing in the search keyword ... and your competitors' ads too.

Let's say you're advertising on "widgets" and someone does a search for that term. If your ad says "buy the best widgets here" and the person is actually looking for information about widgets, they're unlikely to click on your ad no matter what position it's in. Same if your ad says "learn all about widgets" and the person is looking for the best price on the Acme 2000 widget.

Then, even if you have a robust click through rate, your actual conversions will depend on whether or not the traffic from THAT source converts at the same rate as your non-adwords traffic.

Best I can tell you is try calculating for different CTR's - 1%, 2%, 5% ...Once you have a campaign running you'll start to see your click through rate, then you can run actual numbers and tweak.

Last edited:
•••
it's an art; not a science

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back