Domain Empire

You are a domainer if.....

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
You are a domainer if.....

You name your kid 'Bacon3' :notme:

Kids calls you Godaddy

You remember your first domain but forget your anniversary.

Keep it coming y'all!:lala:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When you reschedule dinner with the mrs, due to an auction ending.

•••
You are a domainer if you repeatedly state the following:

1) "Just one more..."
2) "If I don't register it now, someone else will tomorrow."
3) "I'll develop this name before I buy another one..I promise."
4) "This catchy name could become the next great twitter..."
5) "What am I going to do with all these names?"
6) "Not spending a penny without searching for a coupon code..."
7) "There has to be a better coupon code..."
8) "I'm not buying any domains tomorrow..."
9) The next day..."Crap...It's OK though, I'll flip this one quickly..."
10) Once you make a sale..."YES! This covers my previous reg fees, and the cycle repeats."

Last edited:
•••
You are a domainer if you see words different.ly

.do you s.ee wh.at I s.ee? If not, plea.se try aga.in.

Chee.rs :)

•••
You are a domainer if you are the only one among your friends who understands why the Domain Name Dollar Store video is so funny.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FZ1M_UmQes"]Domain Name Dollar Store - YouTube[/ame]

•••
when you pause xx times a movie just to check if various techs are available as domains :D

•••
You know you're a domainer when...
  • You fall in love with words.
  • You explain the difference between a domain name and a website at least once at every party you attend.
  • You visit NamePros daily.
  • You laugh at ROI in the stock market and physical real estate.
  • You make money while you sleep.

•••
You are a domainer if you think zwqxop is pronounceable.

•••
You are a domainer if you checked availability for youareadomainerif.com :lol:

You would be a real domainer if you registered it!

You would be a real hardcore domainer if you checked youareadomainer.co to try and sell it to the holder of the .com.

•••
you know what a domainer is.

•••
Your a domainer if you bookmark the godaddy discount code thread

•••
Your a domainer if: You read the sticker on a vehicle with a business domain name and think hmmm....I could get a better name for that business!

•••
You are a true domainer if you think of everything that you buy in terms of how many domains you could have gotten with that money:

You're hungry and would like to have a pizza, but wait that's one more domain that you could get.

You need a new pair of shoes, but you're thinking that that could be 10 new domains.

And if you are high roller you might think of what domains you could have bought with the money that you just spent on your new car or new home.

-

•••
When someone does something wrong I give it a domain name; yes out loud.

Eating fast at the table - Piggy.net
Wife looks good - SweetCheeks.com
Someone forgot to pay for something - StickyFingers.net
I'm tired - NapTime.org

•••
When you enjoy watching the @DomainSherpa shows more than actual television :)

•••
Girlfriend?
Yea, you remember...

Girlfriend 2.0 - 4.0 Upgrade.

I'm currently running the latest version of GirlFriend and I have been having some problems lately. I have been running the same version of DrinkingBuddies 1.0 forever as my primary application, and all the Girlfriend releases I have tried have always conflicted with it. I hear that Drinking Buddies runs fine as long as Girlfriend is ran in background mode and the sound is turned off.
Unfortunately, I can't find the switch to turn the sound off. Therefore, I have to run both of them separately. Girlfriend also seems to have a problem coexisting with my Golf program, often trying to abort Golf with some form of timing incompatibilities.

I probably should have stayed with Girlfriend 1.0, but I thought I might see better performance from GirlFriend 2.0. After months of conflicts and other problems, I consulted a friend who has had experience with Girlfriend 2.0. He said I probably didn't have enough cache to run Girlfriend 2.0 and eventually it would require a Token Ring to run properly. He was right, as soon as I purged my cache, and realized that no one in their right mind is installing new token rings, Girlfriend 2.0 uninstalled itself.

Shortly after that, I installed Girlfriend 3.0 beta. Unfortunately, there was a bug in the program and the first time I used it, it gave me a virus. I had to clean out my whole system and shut down for a while. I very cautiously upgraded to Girlfriend 4.0. This time I used SCSI probe first and also installed a virus protection program. It worked okay for a while until I discovered that GirlFriend 1.0 was still in my system. I tried running Girlfriend 1.0 again with Girlfriend 4.0 still installed, but Girlfriend 4.0 has a feature I didn't know about that automatically senses the presence of any other version of Girlfriend and communicates with it in some way. This results in the immediate removal of both versions.

The version I have now works pretty well, but there are still some problems. Like all versions of GirlFriend, it is written in some obscure language I can't understand, much less reprogram. Frankly, I think there is too much attention paid to the look and feel rather than the desired functionality.
Also, to get the best connections with your hardware, you usually have to use gold-plated contacts and I have never liked how GirlFriend is “object-oriented.”

A year ago a friend of mine upgraded his version of Girlfriend to GirlFriendPlus 1.0, which is a Terminate and Stay Resident version of GirlFriend. He discovered that GirlFriendPlus 1.0 expires within a year if you don't upgrade to Fiance 1.0. So he did, but soon after that, he had to upgrade to Wife 1.0, which he describes as a huge resource hog. It has taken up all his space: He can't load anything else. One of the primary reasons he decided to go with Wife 1.0 was because it supposedly came bundled with a feature called FreeSex Plus.

Well, it turns out the resource requirements of Wife 1.0 sometimes prohibits access to FreeSexPlus, particularly the new Plug-ins he wanted to try. On top of that, Wife 1.0 must be running on a well warmed-up system before he can do anything. Although he did not ask for it, Wife 1.0 came with MotherInLaw which has an automatic pop-up feature he can't turn off. I told him to trying installing Mistress 1.0, but he said he heard if you try to run it without first uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before uninstalling itself. Then Mistress 1.0 won't install because of insufficient resources.

P.S. Watch out for the K-I-D-S virus because they have an insatiable appetite for memory and CPU time over and above everything else above.

Peace,
Cy

Sorry for the crash DV, I couldn't pass it up. ;)

Last edited:
•••
Your a domainer if you own donkeybirthdaysuits.com and you email the owner of a horseradish recipe site and ask if they will buy your name for four figures.

•••
You are a domainer if you checked availability for youareadomainerif.com :lol:

•••
....you look over your portfolio like a kid looks over his baseball cards...

....you find yourself wondering how much a company paid for the domain name they're using on a commercial

....you shake your head when you hear someone on TV advertising their website on a subdomain or / slash domain...

....you find yourself cancelling plans or rescheduling because you don't want to miss out on an auction that's ending

...you randomly test spammers emailing you about their $xxxx domain to feel out their rebuttals...

...you often get blank stares from your girlfriend, wife, friends when you talk about killer new Premium you just got...

•••
You fantasize about burning the person's house down who just out bid or drop catched a domain you really wanted or hope they die horrifically in an accident...

This belongs in the thread: "You know you need therapy when..." :P

•••
Your a domainer if you watch tv commercials only to see what domain a company promotes

•••
You are a domainer if you sit here and update this thread (like me) on a beautiful saturday night.

I need to get a life. LOL :bah:

•••
You're a domainer if while watching television you automatically think about the worth of the domains listed in the commercials.

•••
You are defo a domainer if you're looking to buy at $x and looking to sell for $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx! :lol: :blink: Gotcha! :snaphappy: :snaphappy: :snaphappy:

•••
When you refresh the page 1000000000 times waiting on payment for a big sale :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back