Dynadot

Yo All Parking fans

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
whatever the parking guys are up to,
whether the $$ are up or down
remember...you dont earn, they dont earn too!

so they are trying their best!
if cant put a web page + html and dont have hosting...you are stuck with your name or you can hook up with a parking place and hope for the best!

if you can stitch up a page in a jiffy and find yr own advertisers....you dont need no parking place!;)

wait till i devise my "redsedo" or "domainhippo"

you can all park with me and get a whopping share of 75% of the $$

you can sign up here!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds great! Count me in when you get it going.

•••
"you dont earn, they dont earn too!"

No, that's not true at all, necessarilly. That would be true only 1) assuming their scripts work correctly and record to YOUR account the clicks and not just theirs, and 2) you can fully and completely know for sure that the companies are not specifically purposefully caneiving you out of clicks.

•••
jehnidiah said:
"you dont earn, they dont earn too!"

No, that's not true at all, necessarilly. That would be true only 1) assuming their scripts work correctly and record to YOUR account the clicks and not just theirs, and 2) you can fully and completely know for sure that the companies are not specifically purposefully caneiving you out of clicks.
This is very true. When it comes right down to it, you are at the mercy and integrity of the company you are doing business with. Unfortunatly, some companies have neither. :(

•••
Yes, indeed.
There's something to be said to sticking your domains at a big, well-known place like sedo, domainhop, domainsponsor (even though sedo records like 1/3rd of your actual visitors).
I tried some guy's parking program that he advertised on various forums, a little solo venture on his part, I believe. Not only was it total pop-up hell (like 5 popups), but of the 1750 visits, a whopping 3 were recorded.
He probably made $30 from that. I think it's partly a scam and partly tracking incompetence.

So, maybe this is a little off topic, but stick with the big places to park your domains unless youe hear or see concrete proof of another place where you can do better.

•••
Wait, okay, but what's the point of this post? Besides a cool service idea with the word 'hippo' in it? ;)

•••
If you park at SEDO but do not use their name server, and use the redirect instead, can you compare your web server log with SEDO statistics?

•••
shilmy said:
If you park at SEDO but do not use their name server, and use the redirect instead, can you compare your web server log with SEDO statistics?
think so

•••
redhippo said:
wait till i devise my "redsedo" or "domainhippo"

you can all park with me and get a whopping share of 75% of the $$

you can sign up here!

do we need to have a .com domain at least to park with you when it's up?

•••
shilmy said:

Yes, I do this with Sedo and a few others. If you clean your log of bot traffic and count unique visitors your numbers should tally up with Sedos exactly.

•••
primacomputer said:
Yes, I do this with Sedo and a few others. If you clean your log of bot traffic and count unique visitors your numbers should tally up with Sedos exactly.

has anyone else monitored sedo or domain parking results in this way?

•••
I'm in the process of doing it for two of my domains right now. I'll update when a month has gone through and I can have nice statistical results/answers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back