IT.COM

Yankees?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have an honest question here. Why do people like the New York Yankees? I know at least some of you like them in here. At first I can understand it was people jumping on the bandwagon with the winners, but now that the Yankees haven't won in a few years, why? First of all, anyone who jumped on the bandwagon is pathetic. And second of all, all of you "bandwagoners" should be long gone. The Yankees dynasty looks to be as current as the Ming Dynasty, as long as you don't count Yao Ming. Perhaps I am a bit bias in making my comments, as I am a life-long Boston Red Sox fan. Even so, if I was a one day BoSox fan, I wouldn't exactly call that jumping on the bandwagon... I mean, then people thought it was the New York Yankees easing the hearts of America after 9-11... Props to the Yankees for playing through the Tragedy in their own city but... what about the New York Rangers (NHL)... Jets (NFL)... Giants (NFL)... Islanders (NHL)... Mets (MLB)... Metrostars (MLS)... Knicks (NBA)... et cetera... All these New York teams, they didn't get nearly the publicity as the Yankees. I'm in no way putting down the Yanks efforts after 9-11, it just seems that the Yankees could turn into hitmen, and still get credit for being good people. What about Washington, D.C. teams? The Wizards? Capitals? Redskins? Freedom? United? None of these teams seemed to have lives through the heart of the trajedy... The Pentagon was something too... And it wasn't just New York City and Washington, D.C.... America went through this tragedy together... Why wasn't it then, that all of Americas' sports teams went through this at the same challenge and degree of difficulty? Someone tell me why the Yankees get so much credit...? Please... :?:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yet another baseball thread I have no clue about :lol:

•••
Originally posted by wicked_gal00
Yet another baseball thread I have no clue about :lol:

And yet another baseball thread I could care less about. :)

•••
wha? offtopic but how have you managed to make 121 posts in DAY?! :o

•••
Haha, I think it was actually 120... maybe I'm wrong... but now I'm at 146... I guess I just post... If you're impressed, I'll take some NP$ as a sign of it...? :bah:

•••
From what I've learned in a day or so (as Nintwa has so clearly pointed out), baseball and computers don't seem to mesh well now do they? Maybe I'm one-of-a-kind...? ;) *I wish*

•••
The yankees...???

I like the Mariners. Its going to be their year!
Cheers!

•••
Wow... audacious you are, saying this is the year of the Mariners... I agree with the non-Yankee love... but don't get me started on how heavenly the Red Sox are... ;) :bah:

•••
Originally posted by physicaltherapy
baseball and computers don't seem to mesh well now do they?

For me, baseball and computers mesh quite well. And I am a Yankees fan. In response to what you said about the bandwagon, I started getting interested in baseball (and the Yanks) in 1995 when I was a 13 year old girl! It didn't have much to do with any bandwagon. And why do people like them? Maybe because they're the best team to ever play baseball, with the most world championships by far. JMHO. :)

•••
Originally posted by Light
Maybe because they're the best team to ever play baseball, with the most world championships by far. JMHO. :)

I think this is your answer right here. The Yankees are a baseball dynasty and an easy team for the non-fan to jump on the bandwagon for.

Not me though, A's & Giants all the way. :D

•••
Well one of my points... it's kind of pathetic that people have to jump on the bandwagon for... the people I really salute though -- New York Mets fans... I could undersand the local Mets fans giving up on them and going to the Yanks... but those faithful, gotta love em'... But then again, that's why you have to love the Red Sox fans... they don't give up, and besides, why should they? This is the year. Go Red Sox!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back