IT.COM

Yahoo offer 4.98 dlls registration per year no longer available???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
HI. 3 days ago I saw that yahoo has a offer to register domains names at 4.98 dlls per year. at small business home this was on 3 june. today 9 june i decide to register a domain name. but when i went to the yahoo site it said that the price is 9.99 so the 4.98 dlls offer is not longer available? or need to be accesed from a special link. or do i need a special promotional code?

I wan to register a domain name for 5 years at this cost. if yahoo offer is not available do you know other registrant that allow this small price to register a domain?

any help would be great

thanks in advance
qubito

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
godaddy is pretty cheap right now i think...

•••
yes goddady cost 8.90 dlls i have some domains with them. but I am looking for cheaper

•••
Domain site - You can get as cheap as 6.99$ for a .com

•••
AFAIK, that sale ended in March. I still have around 30 domains that I registered in that period, with that easy one-click billing I just couldn't stop myself. :)

•••
eh maybe you could send an email to yahoo asking for a discount??

•••
majinbuu1023 said:
eh maybe you could send an email to yahoo asking for a discount??
I really doubt that they would give him (or anybody) a discount. When they were selling domains for $4.98, they were selling them at a loss, to promote services such as their hosting. That's less than the ICANN fee, and they're not even ICANN accredited, but reselling Melbourne IT, so they definitely were not making anything.

•••
An ICANN Accredited Registrar with the lowest price I can find is NameSecure - who just lowered their prices to $7.95/year.

•••
If you register domains at Yahoo ... and then sell them either via Wholesale or directly to End users ... how cumbersome will the transfers of ownership (not domain name "pushes") be, IYHO's? :blink:

B-)

•••
I have a related question...

Has anyone actually transferred a domain from Yahoo to another registrar? When I attempt to do this, the new registrar says my domains are "locked". Anybody know how to unlock them @ Yahoo or even transfer out?

Thanks,
Scott %%-

•••
That's not a related question, Yandig ... that IS the question, IMHO. :music:

Looking forward to seeing experiences with Yahoo's domains.
B-)

•••
Even if Yahoo were cheaper it would be more expensive in the long run. When you're selling domains to resellers for $20 and less noone is going to pay the transfer fees on top of the purchase price of the domain (unless they really want it). So you'd end up with a lot of domains that you're going to leave drop.

I made this mistake at the start, registering all my domains with an Irish registrar, only to find out that the transfer process would be a pain and would add to the cost. When you're buying/selling domains, the concept of domain "pushing" is an imperative feature!

•••
... concept of domain "pushing" is an imperative feature!

Agree, jayl.
Thanks for posting your first - hand experience(s) with Yahoo domains ... here in this space. :gl:

-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Agree, jayl.
Thanks for posting your first - hand experience(s) with Yahoo domains ... here in this space. :gl:

-Jeff B-)

Huh? :-/

•••
I'll stick to godaddy, they're reliable and haven't had any problems with them yet.

•••
www.myvaluehost.com is $4/year, domains are available online in 15 mins after registration.

•••
i saw an ad on this site for a domain for $3.99...Just keep looking for DN. I think GOIDADDY is the best and cheapest.

•••
looks like the price has rised with yahoo. i like godady and enom the best though :)

•••
I get my domains from GoDaddy, currently .com's cost me $5.19 including the $.25 ICANN fee.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back