Yahoo feed: 'Banned' status?

SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

v5x

Established Member
Impact
30
Hi,

I have a number of high traffic domains that seem to return a 'banned' status (eg. not returning ads) when I use the Yahoo status checker at Activeaudience.com.

The domains are all 100% type in traffic and first regged by me - so no dodgy history. Some of the domains I haven't even parked with a company using Yahoo feed but they are still banned?

I did have an issue with parked.com a while back as they couldn't understand why fresh regged domains have so much traffic, but I don't think they'd request them to be banned.

Anyone had this trouble before or know a way of conacting Yahoo to find out what the problem is?

-v5x
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
Maybe the answer is in your question, How do fresh reg domains get so much traffic ?
 
0
•••
Yahoo has recently started banning domains that they believe to have un-natural or irregular traffic patterns. Google does something similiar, but you just get paid like 1/1000th of what you should have.

Donny
 
0
•••
I guess that's what it is then, 'irregular traffic patterns'. Thing is, I tested the domains here and there at companies using a Y! feed - Parked, Skenzo and Trafficz but never left them there for anything more than a day. Then moved them all back to a Google feed at RevenueDirect where I they were doing better (at the time).

I can see why Yahoo would think it's un-natural traffic.. 1000s of hits one day and none the next. If I could contact Yahoo, perhaps I could get these bans lifted and leave them parked for a longer period. But how would one go about contacting them??

-v5x
 
0
•••
Have you registered as a publisher/webmaster with yahoo ?
If so you can ask the questions through that Avenue.
 
0
•••
Nope. I'm from the UK and they only accept US residents as publishers.. so can't contact them that way.

I'm at a loss really, as I know these domains would do well with a Y! feed due to 90% of the traffic being from the US.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Nope. I'm from the UK and they only accept US residents as publishers.. so can't contact them that way.

I'm at a loss really, as I know these domains would do well with a Y! feed due to 90% of the traffic being from the US.

I moved away from traditional parking with my domains and signed up with Whypark. This meant that once I had created mini-sites on them, I could sign up as a webmaster to get my domains sitemapped and indexed at Yahoo. I also had the same problems with communication before I did this. Its very frustrating at times. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along and give you a solution, There is a thread dedicated to YPN on here, maybe you could try there as well. Good luck.
 
0
•••
Yea, I think you're going to be out of luck as far as parking on those domains - best find some other way to monetize them.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back