IT.COM

Yahoo auction maybe an eye opener.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello everybody,

The news of Yahoo domain name auction is on every major news website,and news channel. This maybe a good thing for domain investors and a great way to educate people on the importance of a good .com domain name. What's your thoughts,can this be good news for the domain name industry?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why now? Why before the new TLDs are on their way? Yahoo does not want to take any risk and will regret on selling now since the expectation of people is put on seeing what will hapen after next year with all this hype of the new domain extensions coming. Only those who believe in the supremacy of COM will look this as the greatest opportunity to claim a top domain sold upon the base of fear by the changes future could bring. My advice to millionaires is "give them nothing, but take from them...everything", BUY, BUY, BUY.

•••
I have been checking sedo's auction list of 11 pages which includes Yahoo's names and found out that most of the domains in auction are worth jack.. I mean out of those 11 pages, only 1 page domain are worth bidding.. rest 10 pages are full of KNOWwhatever.com domain names.

Sedo, what have you come down to, low standards I must say.. and that's why your quarterly earnings are low throughout the year of 2013.

•••
I have been checking sedo's auction list of 11 pages which includes Yahoo's names and found out that most of the domains in auction are worth jack.. I mean out of those 11 pages, only 1 page domain are worth bidding.. rest 10 pages are full of KNOWwhatever.com domain names.

Sedo, what have you come down to, low standards I must say.. and that's why your quarterly earnings are low throughout the year of 2013.

You are totally right, according to my not so expert eye some of those domains would enter to the reg bag any time on the appraisal forum, but people could get biased only because the seller is Yahoo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back