Domain Empire

Yahoo! and Microsoft Search Alliance

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
just got this email for one of my business advertising accounts...

Microsoft® and Yahoo! have now received regulatory clearance to form the Yahoo! and Microsoft Search Alliance in the United States and European Union. This milestone is an exciting step in our effort to give your business a time-saving and cost-efficient way to connect with a larger combined audience of potential customers.

How the Yahoo! and Microsoft Search Alliance benefits you
After the Yahoo! and Microsoft Search Alliance is implemented, you will:

* search alliance Learn moreReach more potential customers: Search ad inventory from both the Yahoo! and Microsoft networks will be joined in a new, unified search marketplace powered by Bing™ , with a combined audience of over 150 million searchers in the U.S and nearly 577 million searchers worldwide.1
* Save valuable time and effort: You'll use a single platform—Microsoft adCenter—to manage your campaigns easier and faster. With just one buy, your search ads will reach users on Bing, Yahoo!, and other premium partner sites and networks, such as The Wall Street Journal Digital Network, msnbc.com, FoxSports.com, Facebook, and Buy.com.

What's ahead
For now, it's business as usual; there is no change to your account or service. Your ads will continue to serve on Bing search results pages, and you will continue to receive the same great service from Microsoft.

Both companies are committed to making this transition a seamless experience. Our goal is to bring the Yahoo! and Microsoft Search Alliance to the U.S. by the end of 2010, prior to the crucial holiday season, with additional countries following on a staggered schedule beginning in 2011.
As our transition dates approach, we will contact you with information about what to do next. In order to ensure you continue to receive important service updates, please verify your contact information is current in Microsoft adCenter. View our help topic: Change contact information.
How to learn more
In the meantime, you can familiarize yourself with the Yahoo! and Microsoft Search Alliance by visiting our new resource, searchalliance.com, where you'll find plenty of additional details, including press releases, FAQs, and more!

We appreciate your business and look forward to bringing you the benefits of the Yahoo! and Microsoft Search Alliance.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft adCenter Team

http://www.searchalliance.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Confirmed here by a detailed over at ZDNet.. link

Microsoft's another aggressive attempt at gaining share of some percentage of search.. even though google wont make it too easy for them.

•••
As a programmer, my only real fear is the alliance will screw up Yahoo BOSS, which can be a nifty little solution when nothing else presents itself.

For example, if you want to programmatically check the backlinks for a few thousand websites, like I do to compile my deleting domains DB (click here), Yahoo BOSS is a life saver. Its so many thousand times easier to do that with XML or JSON from BOSS than scraping Yahoo Site Explorer.

Now, of course there is the potential that BOSS could improve with some Bingification. Gawd knows the news search for BOSS can't become any crappier.

But, the general rule of thumb with mergers is that the 3rd party developers are the canaries in the coal mine -- they get to die first.

•••
As a programmer, my only real fear is the alliance will screw up Yahoo BOSS, which can be a nifty little solution when nothing else presents itself.

For example, if you want to programmatically check the backlinks for a few thousand websites, like I do to compile my deleting domains DB (click here), Yahoo BOSS is a life saver. Its so many thousand times easier to do that with XML or JSON from BOSS than scraping Yahoo Site Explorer.

Now, of course there is the potential that BOSS could improve with some Bingification. Gawd knows the news search for BOSS can't become any crappier.

But, the general rule of thumb with mergers is that the 3rd party developers are the canaries in the coal mine -- they get to die first.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how they come out wit the alliance!!

•••
I'm very grateful that you've admonished us about such an activity - now it will be easier to deal with this all with the help of the information that you've provided.

•••
I'm very grateful that you've admonished us about such an activity - now it will be easier to deal with this all with the help of the information that you've provided.

:lol: your post looks soo similar to the ones I get on my forum from random spammers :P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back