IT.COM

domain yabai.com (equivalent to cool.com in japanese)

NameSilo
Watch

international_love

Established Member
Impact
Currently being offered $650 by a Japanese buyer.

Popular and hip word in Japanese, about 37 million direct matches on Google in Japanese.
--

In English, this Japanese keyword shows 470,000 results on Google.
In Japanese hiragana, it shows 20.9 million Google results.
In Japanese katakana, it shows 16.2 million Google results.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just a FYI to everyone posting here:
Yabai.com is currently at live auction now on Flippa, priced at $100, no reserve, with only 4 days left

Also selling other mass-use generic Japanese terms Okusan.com, Oshiri.com, Ikeru.com, and Otemachi.com at no reserve auction. Yabai is getting some attention but even with millions of results on Google, the others are seeing little response because they aren't getting eyeballs on Flippa so nobody knows about the auctions.
If you had a serious offer at $650., why would you quit negotiations and put the domain on auction?

To me, that doesn't make much sense.

- EDIT -
well, I see it has a $500 bid, so you must have confidence in its value. Best of luck. Did negotiations break down with the other prospective buyer?

•••
The $500 bid was mine.. The auction just ended with a $10,100 winning bid on Flippa. Seems like the seller his strategy to use this Namepros appraisal thread to push his auction has paid off. Congrats to seller. Not too sure about the buyer. If it's a domainer then he/she paid end-user price.

•••
I did not bid. @Domainace doesn't see Japanese market. @dv82. , not end user pricing, good name.

•••
The strategy worked. Not very tactful, but it worked. Interesting that kawaii.com went for less on Flippa a couple months ago. It means "cute," is not slang, and is used many times more than yabai (by all age groups and all types), always with positive connotations.

It was a decent end user price, but like you said, was probably a reseller. Hope he finds a buyer.

•••
So I suppose domain appraisals are not tactful and/or unethical before selling.

Kawaii means cute. Cute computers, cute cars, cute houses?
Yabai means more than 2 things and has a wider end user market. Cool hotels, dangerously (cool) vacations, etc.

Yabaii has more uses than Kawaii. Surprising...

With possibly deep pockets of 281k from the winner of all auctions (I think), people have a broader view on words, how they're used and how they can be marketed here.

I'm sure he's not a tool and relied on my 10-15k "end user" valuation only.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats on the sale :). i bought one of your other domains, wanted yabai aswell but it went way above my budget.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back